Advantage Solutions Retail Merchandiser Reviews | Glassdoor

Advantage Solutions CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • As with any Field Management position your work life balance can become blurred (in 39 reviews)

• Many jobs only part time though some full time is available (See Pros) Not many benefits unless you keep your average hours per week worked up to 40 (in 88 reviews)

"Retail Reset Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time

Pros

Excellent team leader. Enjoy the job tasks.

Cons

none I have expereienced yet from the company or the worksite.

2. "Amazing company to work for"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best brokerage firm to work for in the nation

Cons

When jobs go way if you don't have a home, you are without a job

Advice to Management

K

"Good Part time Job especially"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Payson, AZ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Payson, AZ

I worked at Advantage Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility. Independence CAN do more than one function (job) at one time as per your availability and need, this can then become full time

Cons

Many jobs only part time though some full time is available (See Pros) Not many benefits unless you keep your average hours per week worked up to 40.

Advice to Management

Follow through with employees. Return emails and phone calls promptly

"Home Depot overnight reset merchandiser"

Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is gratifying . If you are a night owl like I am then you will love this position. Working in Home Depot with a great group of people

Cons

Traveling. When I first started I was told that I would be traveling20% of the time, in reality I am traveling 80%.

Advice to Management

More money towards per diem or less traveling

5. "Retail Sales Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to make own hours. Full benefits, PTO, sick time, vacation time and paid holidays.

Cons

Training was non-existent. Upper level management were condescending and passive-aggressive.

Advice to Management

Put a training plan in order.

"Supervisor Retail"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandising Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandising Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities if you are willing to relocate

Cons

Life - Work balance does not exist

Advice to Management

Need to control the amount of hours your salaries staff is expected to work. 80 hour work weeks are not reasonable

"Retail Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Charleston, SC

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Advantage is an experience like no other, going to different places and meeting different people all the time. Great field supervisor and plenty of work. Great way to build on a profession.

Cons

The pay wasn't to bad but the lack of ability to advance sucked. You get stuck in a rut of employment and they aren't very friendly with those looking to advance in the company. Its a very competitive environment and not a healthy type of competitiveness.

Advice to Management

Be more open to those that are looking to grow and advance within the company. If one moves to different location and has been a great employee try to assist more with transferring them so that they may remain employed.

"Retail Sales Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Left alone, weekends and holidays off, make own schedule within reason, never see any co workers or boss

Cons

Low mileage pay, no overtime, no raises, little room for advancement, extremely large territories

Advice to Management

Like many stress, raises would be a great start. If you increase a territory, increase mileage pay to go along with the increased car use. Would not recommend anyone getting a job here unless you are retired and want something to do or you are not the primary bread winner.

9. "False Information"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

get paid 15.50 hr as a retail merchandiser

Cons

Was hired to work over nights only a with schedule that was work 8 nights and then get 6 days off. After I accepted this job I was told it would not be this schedule and I was expected to work anytime they wanted. My first schedule came out and it was mornings not overnights!!

Advice to Management

Do not hire people to work nights and offer them a schedule that does not exist

"Large Turnover, Underpaid, Expensive Benefits, and Treat Employees Like Numbers"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Depending on the position, it can be a very easy job in terms of how much work you have to do.
    -As a merchandiser, you have a lot of freedom to work your own territory without someone hanging over you shoulder.

Cons

-This company has a huge amount of turnover. They're constantly laying off employees because they are always losing clients. Just to put it into perspective for you, both of my parents have each been laid off twice, along with myself once. This was all within a two year period.
    -It's amazing how much they underpay their employees. If you have a bachelor's degree and you're lucky, then you might make about $14/hour. But I've seen them recruiting as low as $10/hour.
    -The fuel reimbursement program is very one-sided. They pay you about 30 cents per mile, that's compared to the federal rate of 57 cents. On top of that, they don't cover the first 40 miles of your commute each way. In my case, I often drove that many miles and would cost me $24 each day, which comes out to upwards of $6,000 of non-reimbursed mileage. They also don't pay you for the first hour of drive time for each way of your commute, which can add up to 10 hours a week of unpaid drive time.
    -If you're lucky enough to have a full time job to begin with, the benefits are very expensive. Many employees are kept at part time or are often reduced from full to part time in order to avoid paying out benefits. I cost me over $1,000 a month for medical, dental, and vision coverage for a family. And that's with a $6,000 a year deductible.
    -The company both figuratively and literally treats you like a number. Whenever you call any type of support number you always have to give them you're employee id number. They don't even care about your name or what you do. Whenever they're faced with losing an entire division of employees, they take the easy route and just cut everyone loose. The way they figure it is it's easier to just find another client and hire/rehire people with less pay & benefits.

Advice to Management

-Stop treating your employees like numbers and worthless individuals.
    -Quit saying that "People Are Our Business." It's a giant hypocrisy and a slap in the face. Unless of course you're referring to people as a commodity, because that's certainly never rang more true.