Advantage Solutions Retail Project Merchandiser Reviews | Glassdoor

Advantage Solutions CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "As with any Field Management position your work life balance can become blurred" (in 39 reviews)

• "Many jobs only part time though some full time is available (See Pros) Not many benefits unless you keep your average hours per week worked up to 40" (in 90 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for."

Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling. You schedule the projects assigned to you to fit your schedule.

Cons

Sometimes there isn't enough work for the week. The projects have a cycle where there are a lot projects and then it slows down for a few months. I have worked anywhere between 4 hours to 50+ hours in a week.

Advice to Management

When there are projects that require a mailing to the representative's home, it would be nice to have a tracking list so that the representative can schedule the project accordingly.

Feb 22, 2018 – Advantage Solutions Team

Thank you so much for being a part of our Retail Merchandising team for over 3 years! We're glad that the flexible schedule has worked well for you and, if you're interested, there are career... More

"Great job and awesome support team"

Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job does a great job at giving me freedom to work when I want. They are the best in there business and have the stats to prove it

Cons

I wish they pay rate is higher. Other then that this is a great company to work for. I love it

Nov 13, 2017 – Advantage Solutions Team

Thank you so much for being a part of our Retail Project Merchandising team for over 3 years! Every day we strive to be the best and are humbled by your recognition. If you have any friends or family... More

"Giving so many stars because of the OT that was available at time"

Former Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Nashua, NH

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At time there was a ton of work in my area and was always going over 40 hrs getting time and a half - my paychecks were great

PAID ACCRUDED TIME OFF
    SICK TIME

make your own schedule

online portal easy to use

Cons

Stores abrubtly got taken away and was because they lost a contract with a large chain
    hours went from well over 40 to nothing and was laid off.

I was on a reset team and the woman who ran it - worked for a diff company but was a PHYSCO PATH
    LAZY AND A COMPLETE PATHALOGICAL LIAR

I WISH I REMEMBED HER NAME

I CANT BELIVEVE SICK PEOPLE LIKE THIS HAVE JOBS

SHE DOES A LOT OF SHAWS RESETS BEWARE

Advice to Management

DONT HIRE A COUPLE
    WHO GO ON A THREE WEEK VACATION - AND STILL ACCEPT JOBS BUT FAKE THEM AND ENTER BOGUS PICTURES
    THERE FORE HAVING A PAID 3 WEEK VACATION

ISNT THAT FABULOUS

"Project Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser

Pros

Different types of work per week, nothing repetitive except for holidays work. Same stuff every holidays.

Cons

Hours varies by week, NO room for advancement, stuck with same pay same job.

Advice to Management

Better communication with staff from top to bottom, a lot of times I had to figure what everything out on my own as no one seems to understand what

"Project Merchandiser"

Former Freelancer - Retail Project Merchandiser
    Former Freelancer - Retail Project Merchandiser

I worked at Advantage Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule most of the time

Cons

Lots of driving, workload fluctuates weekly, management was always being restructured

Advice to Management

Invest in enough area supervisors that someone can accompany new hires for their first few trips. I met one of my 6 supervisors one time, at a job that needed at least three people to finish correctly; we were the only people there.

"RETAIL PROJECT MERCHANDISER"

Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Hanover Park, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Hanover Park, IL

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the flexibility of the job, I pretty much make my own schedule.

Cons

No guaranteed hours....it goes up and down each week.

"Great at one time but became terrible."

Former Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

None by time time I finally had to quit!

Cons

The job is only as good as the Field Supervisor you have. I worked at Advantage for 9 yrs and the first 7 were great. Then a new FS and auto assign and I barely worked again. I was told I'd be getting more and steadier work after the auto assign started by my FS but the new FS was seeing that certain people would get more work then others. When I would get work assigned it would disappear. When I discussed this with my FS I was told "times are changing". Then came the by your own device and data and only getting 1 assignment every 2 weeks for months and had to quit. I was pushed out by my FS.

Advice to Management

Value long time employees that never received a complaint from the company. Don't continue to hire when you already have employees willing and able to do the work. Watch over the actions of the Field Supervisors.

Aug 29, 2016 – Advantage Solutions Team

Dear Valued Contributor,

Your comments are appreciated. Advantage Solutions is committed to operating with integrity and values associate feedback. We maintain an Open Door Policy to help further... More

"Disorganized and poor management"

Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser and Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Flexibility to do most projects on your own timeline, within a week.

Paid travel for driving between projects, after your first project.

Cons

Poor management & Poor communication - I have been an employee for over a year and have never met or spoken to my "supervisor", with the exception that she called twice to scold me for soemthing that was never on my scheduled calendar. I have an electronic scanning device that was delivered to my home. I have asked what to do with it, however I've never received an answer. When my projects stopped coming in, I asked why and was told that several emails had been sent on the subject, and we no longer were working with that client (this was 90% of my work load). Magically all of my jobs have since fallen off my schedule and I am no longer being scheduled. My "supervisor" was just let go, and have yet to hear from a new "supervisor".

Expected to do all of my work on my own phone, on their propritary app. The app errors out all of the time! I've called the tech support multiples of times, and never receive answers, in fact they DO NOT ANSWER, you just sit on hold.

Advice to Management

It could be so much better if you had "supervisors" who care! Give them the time to touch base with the face of your company, you people that are in the stores. There are some major logistics that need to be addressed. Example: Schedule people in the area that they live, rather than having them drive all over for jobs. I have been in a store and have seen 2 other people doing my exact job in that store at that time. This can't be cost effective.

"Retail Project Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You manage your own schedule.

Cons

Lot's of driving and pay is quite low.

Advice to Management

On a regular bases...Please review current hourly rates against your competitors and national averages.

Jun 27, 2016 – Advantage Solutions Team

Dear Valued Employee,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your current employment with Advantage Solutions; it is essential to improving our organization.

Sincerely,
    Advantage... More

"Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make own schedule. Good supervisor. Get days off if needed. Sorr. y that is about all I can think of. What does that tell you

Cons

Been with co. For 4.5 yrs. One 32 cent raise but admit and drive time went from $10.50 to $10. Made $9,000. Less last year than year before. Vacation pay, they go by prior year so I went from 40 hrs paid to 0. I have been applying for afull time position in the company. Never hear a thing and yet a friend of mine had a interview for same position and she doesn't even work for Advantage. NOT FAIR AT ALL. Had to buy our own "electronic personnel equipment to submit call reports. So we have to pay $50 a monthbto work for this Company. They used to pay for our printer ink but stopped. Because it is not anticipated in the cost of job. PLEASE! Tell me how "please print is not anticipated.

Advice to Management

Let people move to other departments. Especially people like me who have been with N U for for years. Give annual raises like other companies. We are people not drones. Cost of living goes up. What are U going to do when min. Wage catches up? Give part time people 20 hrs paid vacation. And maybe short term disabilty. Stop being so cheap!!!!

Apr 26, 2016 – TA Organic Search Specialist

Dear Valued Employee,

Your comments are appreciated. If you are interested in growing your career with AS, we encourage you to review the Transfer Policy located in the Associates Handbook on our... More