Advantage Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Advantage Solutions CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

2,022 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule,Great work environment (in 92 reviews)

• Extremely great compensation-work part time and get paid as much as a full time job (in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any Field Management position your work life balance can become blurred (in 38 reviews)

• good work hours is a part time job (in 79 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Not only a team it's a family"

Current Employee - Unilever DRT in Foxborough, MA
    Current Employee - Unilever DRT in Foxborough, MA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with Advantage for 13 years as a RSM
    Even through you work alone the 2 supervisors I've worked with are always available for. any issues or success's you have other DRTs on the team communicating with other DRTs helping each other with big displays
    Positive working environment flexible hours great selling Incentive's

Cons

Mileage and car reimbursement doesn't cover the wear and tear on the vehicle
    Lots of POS supply's sent to my home lucky I have a 2car garage

Advice to Management

Adjust car reimbursement
    Some teams have different reimbursements for their car

Advantage Solutions Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Advantage Solutions Team

We’re so thrilled to hear you’ve been a part of our winning team for 13 years and can’t thank you enough for all your hard work! It’s because of associates like you that we’ve become the best in the... More

"Regional Manager - Field Operations"

Former Employee - Regional Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility of working from home and in field, get to make your own schedule with no micro management or discrepancies on where to go unless something major in your Region. Easy systems to use. Several great resources on ASMConnects. Good rapport/relationships with District Managers who work below you. Good insurance benefits. Car allowance, gas card, cell phone allowance ($50), expenses reimbursed for travel, laptop, and hot spot.

Cons

Work/life balance is not there. Tues/Wed are supposed to be off days, be prepared to work every single day. Since management is salaried, they stick to their namesake and take Advantage. Regions are way too big and not enough time in the day to get all the work done or spent the quality time needed in each District. Recruiting department is not good, recruiting ultimately falls on management, TA just talks in circles and puts the blame on management. Hanging flyers is not a good source of grassroots recruiting and neither is job fairs at unemployment offices. No recognition for good/hard work from upper management. Raises are basically non-existent, employees make far below industry standards unless you are a Director or above and even some Directors are underpaid. Good insurance benefits, but, premiums are extremely expensive. Funny that Tanya Domier is a woman and women in business is a topic of conversation, however, most upper management on the EED team is male. It's a man's world and they slide in just enough women to make it look like they are not biased.

Advice to Management

Senior management is too far from the business. Very unrealistic expectations because they sit behind a desk and don't realize what is really going on in the field. You cannot judge someone by what a report shows, get out in to the field, get to know your mid and 1st level managers. Care about your long term employees. You have a Chief People Officer now, yet, someone who works for the company for years still gets laid off, you are a big company, there are jobs in other departments/divisions. Stop giving hundreds of thousands of dollars in salary and sign on bonuses to upper management, know that your employees can see the salaries of others to know what they are being paid in iCIMS and $100,000 and $200,000 sign on bonuses and salaries when your other managers are paid so low is very discouraging. Consider giving raises to District and Regional managers if you want to keep these good people, the economy is in a good place and you are going to lose good people, the only reason people stay is work from home which they think they cannot find elsewhere. Also, the Event Specialist salary is pitiful, ever hear you get what you pay for? If I was any client and saw what happens in these stores with demos (the quality person, the people who don't show, etc), I would not be happy.

3. "Event Specialist"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the support, training and tools the company gives for me to do my job! I love the fact it is semi independent and have to problem solve to get the job done!

Cons

Only cons are I would like to work week through and more hours, but the hours are concentrated to the weekends and not enough hours are available to work weekdays.

Advice to Management

Help employees find merchandising gigs during the week or help up career ladder to work full-time at one company.

4. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers.
    Executive management does care about the organization and employees.
    Quarter my bonus.
    Birthdays and anniversaries.
    Always new programs.

Cons

Making a 100 calls does not mean anything if the quality of sourcing does not meet with client's expectations.

Recruiters are judged on the same number of hires while programs are more challenging than others. Some recruiters are given hiring authority which makes them look outstanding compared to other recruiters who don't. Recruiters should be treated more equally.

Recruiting tools are very limited due to budget which may impact quality of hires and client satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Keep on improving culture.
    Be fair.
    Recruit and promote based on performance not friendships .
    Make it easier to get salary increase.
    Introduce role play in training as well as staff development

Train marketing teams better on what hiring managers are looking for. Include employment marketing in recruiting updates.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time

Pros

A company that cares for its employees

Cons

Too may processes in place to get to the end result.

Advice to Management

Awesome area to work.

6. "Great job while in school"

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked as a brand ambassador.

Consistent hours, not a retail schedule. You choose ahead of time and your manager can add or remove events. This job is super flexible which is important for me as a student.

Every manager I've worked with seemed enthusiastic about the program, which is contagious.

Work independently. You're pretty much trusted to do a good job. Management is willing to offer advice if needed.

Pay's good for a part time job.

Cons

Program changes standards frequently and it can be difficult to assess how you are performing.

A little confusing if you need to take time off or contact HR since you only really interact with your manager. For example I needed my salary sent to my student loan servicer but wasn't sure where to get that document, so I got bounced around a while first.

Sometimes supplies for events don't come in a timely manner, which can make your job harder.

The JET system only works on Internet Explorer or the mobile app.

Advice to Management

Make sure all employees have easy access to work-related documents for tax purposes. This should be part of the online orientation.

Please update JET so it works on Firefox and Chrome at least.

7. "I wouldn't recommend this company, to anyone."

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High Pay, Good hours, great benefits!

Cons

Low paying jobs, impossible expectations.

Advice to Management

Don't hit on your staff.

8. "Event Specialist"

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time

Pros

You are exposed to new products everyday. It's not a completely redundant job. If you like interacting with customers this is a great job.

Cons

You can have a lot of down time. If you're not a people person or shy this might not be the best job. You have to memorize selling points.

9. "Event Specialist"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time

Pros

Most work is done from your phone (I.e scheduling, clock in/clock out), $12/hr, indoors.

Cons

Only Part time available, strict dress code

Advice to Management

Learn how to talk to employees

10. "not good"

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time

Pros

good leadership role and hopefully you get a good mentor

Cons

Mentor left me dry and did not help

Showing 2,022 of 2,055 reviews