Advantage Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Advantage Solutions CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

1,980 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great opportunity to learn new things an meet new people they have flexible schedule (in 90 reviews)

• Extremely great compensation-work part time and get paid as much as a full time job (in 82 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any Field Management position your work life balance can become blurred (in 37 reviews)

• Not a lot of health benefits due to being part time (in 75 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Not only a team it's a family"

Current Employee - Unilever DRT in Foxborough, MA
    Current Employee - Unilever DRT in Foxborough, MA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with Advantage for 13 years as a RSM
    Even through you work alone the 2 supervisors I've worked with are always available for. any issues or success's you have other DRTs on the team communicating with other DRTs helping each other with big displays
    Positive working environment flexible hours great selling Incentive's

Cons

Mileage and car reimbursement doesn't cover the wear and tear on the vehicle
    Lots of POS supply's sent to my home lucky I have a 2car garage

Advice to Management

Adjust car reimbursement
    Some teams have different reimbursements for their car

Advantage Solutions Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Advantage Solutions Team

We’re so thrilled to hear you’ve been a part of our winning team for 13 years and can’t thank you enough for all your hard work! It’s because of associates like you that we’ve become the best in the... More

2. "A great to place to build a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

-a great deal of opportunity for professional growth
    -better than industry standard pay
    -management that genuinely values it's people
    -company is growing year on year, even in a down economy
    -opportunity to advance without relocation
    -empowerment at almost all levels

Cons

-benefits are good, yet expensive
    -no real college reimburesement program

Advice to Management

Create a better college tuition program for those who wish to either gain a 4 year degree, or advance their degree.

"ASM is consistantly grooming you for the next step in your career. Their on-going training and education is priceless!"

Current Employee - Retail Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Flexibility, accountability, the ability to reach goals. I see myself with ASM until I retire...another 20 years. Fantastic company and culture...but you must be the right fit. It takes a person with passion, commitment to excellence and a positive attitude to survive this culture.

Cons

a lot of work, but if you're good, you can keep up.

Advice to Management

Maybe, touch base with the field level managers prior to making policy changes, the fileld is who the change effects, be sure that the initive makes sense in the field.

"Good Pay....Great Part-time job for Senior Citizen"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Piqua, OH
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Piqua, OH

Pros

Part time, flexible schedule, considerate management

Cons

Don't always get work, some times it is a month in between scheduling work

Advice to Management

Keep communications open with employees LISTEN and consider their needs

5. "great place to work"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Tucson, AZ

Pros

supervisor was great, pay was better than grocery chains, positive culture made by positive manager

Cons

Car allowance needs to be raised

Advice to Management

very suffient in communicating to sales force,,,,,provide cell phines to all employees,,

6. "Advantage Sales and Marketing has provided leadership essentials and tools to grow in understanding the CPG industry."

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate

Pros

Advantage Sales and Marketing provides many tools to obtain career growth. I have been very pleased with feedback I am provided from managers. Advantage Sales and Marketing does a good job of informing associates of current company policies and processes, as well as, added values for associates.

Cons

Advantage Sales and Marketing is a large company, which creates a communication gap on some levels.

"ASM has given me the opportunity to grow and develop my career!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Norwalk, CT

Pros

ASM is a large company that motivates you to continuously learn and better develop yourself. They give you the resources and the encouragement to explore all the areas of the business. Upper management is truly willing to listen if you have any ideas, feedback, or concerns. It is great to know that your company will support you!

Cons

Although salaries aren't great, many employees are willing to accept a lower salary to work with WONDERFUL people in a great environment.

Advice to Management

It would be great if upper management had more face-time in the offices. Although it is a HUGE company with offices around the country, in person visits do make employees feel more connected!

"ASM is a great place to work for top performers!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

If you are an achiever, ASM rewards those that deliver results. I received much larger raises and bonus's than I did at my prior employer, because they tried to give everyone a raise. If I perform, I can get a large raise to the detriment of my non-performing peers. I want to be paid for the work that I do, rather than paying someone else for the work they don't do.

Cons

If you want ot punch the clock and collect a paycheck, look elsewhere. You will be challenged to perform at ASM!

Advice to Management

You nailed it with the pay raise strategies. I don't want a low pay raise because my co workers feel entitled, but are not performing.

"Fast paced, interesting work with huge opportunity if you're willing to work hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

- Successful company despite the economic downturn
    - Management rewards excellent performance
    - Company is growing which translates to huge opportunity for professional growth
    - Company is 100% dedicated to making our clients "raving fans" through superior service and flexibility in meeting their needs
    - Executive management sets a great, no-nonsense tone at the top. They are dedicated to growing the business, finding new opportunities and satisfying our clients.
    - CEO Sonny King grew the business from the ground up and is still heavily involved in day to day activities.

Cons

Not necessarily a bad thing but the company expects employees to be dedicated and excited to come to work everyday and do a great job. Raises and promotions are based on performance, not tenure.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! It is exciting to see the Company move into new channels and to seize new opportunities as they arise.

10. "Because of the company's dramatic growth, the work is always challenging"

Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Irvine, CA

Pros

Advantage management works hard to treat employees well
    It offers a competitive benefits package (health insurance, 401K, etc)
    Good work environment
    Management has tremendously high moral ethics
    Because the company is in the food business, it does not struggle when there are downturns in the economy

Cons

May have to work extra hours due to growing business opportunities

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate the status of company attainment of goals, including client wins and losses

Showing 1,980 of 2,011 reviews