Advantage Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1,943 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,943 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great opportunity to learn new things an meet new people they have flexible schedule (in 90 reviews)

• Extremely great compensation-work part time and get paid as much as a full time job (in 80 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any Field Management position your work life balance can become blurred (in 37 reviews)

• Not a lot of health benefits due to being part time (in 73 reviews)

"Not bad if you don't need all that much"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Christiansburg, VA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Christiansburg, VA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Low key environment, everybody loves the sample person, higher than average pay

Cons

Monotonous, standing all day, limited hours, limited help

Advice to Management

Raises

2. "retail project merchandiser"

Former Employee - Retai Project Merchandiser in Lyles, TN
    Former Employee - Retai Project Merchandiser in Lyles, TN

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

was a good company when you are doing something for them worked for them for 8 years both part time and full time

Cons

I got hurt in car wreck on the job company hasn't settled claim or been fair hurt apriil 22 2016 had surgery hasn't offered me a suitable position to return to work

Advice to Management

your employees good ones are hard to find be fair to them

"Retail sales merchandiser"

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time

Pros

flexible, easy work, paid holidays, good manager communication

Cons

only paid for mileage after 40 miles and paid for drive time after an hour. Many of my stores are an hour and a half away, so I don't get paid to drive

"RSM"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in New York, NY

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paid Leave - that's about it

Cons

Everything- the managers,the pay,no raises,no chance of a promotion,no respect from store personnel or from your managers,poor communication both within the company and outside. The company claims stores you call on are well aware of " updates" but yet when you call on the accounts,the store managers have no idea what you are talking about! Management at Advantage will keep you informed on a " need to know basis" ,meaning if they think you need to know it,they will decide how much they will clue you in about it. But most of the time,you as field rep,go out into the field with half or a 1/4 of the necessary information,basically with the odds already stacked against you,set up for you to fail,thanks to management ,who on top of this,puts tremendous pressure and impossible demands/ goals on all the field r eps. Their " no excuses ,just execute " motto is a joke. It applies only to the non- managerial staff, not to the managers or office staff. The pledge by management that they " care" about their employees is a lie,plain and simple. Any way this company can screw you they will. Either in pay,mileage,promotions,a transfer,anything. If this is the last job on earth,do not take it! I worked here for 8 plus years....It runs on favoritism and butt kissing.,hard work and talent is not rewarded here .

Advice to Management

Would management even listen? This company is going downhill fast! In the " do more with less" ,they have forgotten the most important asset, people. Unless they do not consider their employees,ESP. Its field employees an asset? This company really needs to start valuing ALL of its employees! Not just its managers!

"event specialist"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Salem, Rockingham, NC
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Salem, Rockingham, NC

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

not early bird or late owl time, not much pressure and kind of fun job except the cons!

Cons

working every single weekend, cooking and preparing food more than advertising and talking about the products, low payment, carrying and set up a heavy desk on every single event, no benefit at all.

Advice to Management

too much detail on wearing dress code, giving boneses or bbenefit , not enough hours

6. "BDM"

Pros

Good training ground for eventual move to other company

Cons

low pay - lack of focus on career development

7. "I love this job!"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Conway, AR

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time

Pros

The hours are great, it's perfect for a second job, and you only work on the weekends

Cons

Not good for a sole source of income, and it's hard on your feet.

Advice to Management

Allow us to have mats! Our feet hurt lol

8. "Event specialist"

Current Employee - Event Specialist
    Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to interact with customers in a lower-stress environment than most retail jobs. Customers like you! You're giving them free stuff! I also enjoy the ability to try out cooking new products myself. I usually end up buying the products I'm demoing!

Cons

No matter how well you do, there's no chance of any kind of raise or advancement.

Advice to Management

I'm glad we're not dependent on sales to earn money (like in a commission-based position), but some kind of incentive or praise would do wonders in motivating the workers.

9. "Confused"

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I wouldn't know because I never actually started the job that I was hired for a month ago.

Cons

Did background and drug test, got hired, did online training, received name badge and never heard anything else from these people. This was a total waste of time. I did however get a check for $26.00. I was set to replace someone who resigned. I am guessing the person decided to stay or the manager who hired me is no longer with the company. In any case, a little communication would have been nice. I have no idea what happened but it looks like I dodged a bullet. I've since found full-time employment making more money then I would have been making and a great benefits package.

Advice to Management

Answer the phone. Answer emails. Communicate better.

Advantage Solutions Response

Jul 20, 2017 – Advantage Solutions Team

Thank you for the constructive feedback about your experiences with our onboarding and training processes. We want to ensure that our new associates are welcomed and fully prepared for success so... More

"Frustrated"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Provo, UT

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Own work schedule, flexible hours

Cons

I worked here for 3 years and got a new supervisor 6 months ago.. Just meet him last week. Took us 5 hours to do 2 stores, that would normally only take up to 2 hours, I had a altiod in my mouth and he called HR to tell them he thought he smelled alcohol on my breath, remind you my first time ever meeting him.. Very critical of everything I did for 6 hours. Never had a problem with my former boss, but this guy was so arrogant it was gut wrenching. Worked all day without a lunch and never meeting or working with me before did my review and gave me low scores.. Then said my former boss didn't train me well enough so I'd need to be retrained. This guy was an idiot, if you live in the northwest beware of this management

Advice to Management

Appreciate the workers you have, and communication is key.

Showing 1,943 of 1,973 reviews