Advantage Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Advantage Solutions Reviews

Updated September 17, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule,Great work environment (in 92 reviews)

• Extremely great compensation-work part time and get paid as much as a full time job (in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any Field Management position your work life balance can become blurred (in 38 reviews)

• good work hours is a part time job (in 79 reviews)

"Do not work for this company! You will regret it!"

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time

Pros

There are none. Maybe a low paycheck every two weeks.

Cons

If I could give 0 or negative stars I would. LOWEST PAY IN THE DEMO BUSINESS! There are many other demo companies and "DisAdvantage" farms out their events to them. Work for one of those, do the same work and get paid better! Unfair scheduling. District managers and their management called "regional's" are inconsistent and play favoritism. The company and its upper management lie and bend their rules to accommodate their needs. No advancement. No health benefits. Like most of their "ES's" I am leaving to work for their competition, which they refer to as partners, their jobs for more pay!

Advice to Management

Stop over expanding and concentrate on getting better at your business. Better ES's that actually do their job. Hire better upper management that is fair and knowledgeable. Re-train your HR department to be more professional and caring towards your employees.

"Depends"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay , flexible hours

Cons

Management is over barring

Advice to Management

Relax

"supervisor"

Former Employee - Retail Territory Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Territory Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advantage Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salary, good co-workers... pay for internet and mileage/ gas card. Give you computer that is needed and can work from home office

Cons

Work you like a dog, even on vacation, you should check emails and do payroll. Unrealistic goals. Uneven pay for same positions

Advice to Management

Be fair and realistic. Give raises that mean something, not just .05% or 1%....that is an insult for all work done

"Product Associate"

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time

Pros

Good at Calling Potential Employees

Cons

Unfortunately prior to being employed they gave me the run around. It took two weeks and they requested odd information such as someone other than myself filling out an I-9 form. When I couldn't meet that odd request they had me go to a location to meet a manager who never showed up. They wasted two weeks of my time and I didn't even end up working with them because of how frustrating the entire experience was.

"Slave company with low pay long hours and high mileage for low reimbursement"

Former Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Reset Merchandiser in Denver, CO

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a time consuming job

Cons

Low pay, long long hours, high mileage, no team leadership, lots of gossip, hostile work environment, bruising and injuries to body, physically mentally emotionaly hurtful to the human condition

Advice to Management

Train your managers to act like managers. Raise starting pay. IRS states 54 cents a mile so raise it from 30 something cents. Get rid of collared shirt rule or offer clothing allowance.

"They Said Usable Job And Didn't Get It"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Asheville, NC

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

When there are no problems with people the work is not a baffling type of difficult.

Cons

If that thing says, say, 20 hours there may actually be no job such as this offered to you or any usable position at all. They hire for positions promising 20 hours a week and once their immediate need passes the hours are jacked down to could be six or none a week and Many/Most will be shed at not being able to deal with that : I would stay away from them. There could be NO work coming to you at all if you accept a job for 30 hours a week because they only have that for their bad spot of a couple of weeks.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure how much of the problem was being caused by my manager. She hoarded the hours for the older employees as the company continuously hired on scores and scores of poor new employees whose hours she immediately slashed to 0-6 so that evermore new employees would be loaded in. She also paired employees with products she thought best befitted them and sometimes the combinations were insulting or degrading.

"Retail Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very independent. It is the worst company that I have ever worked

Cons

They only care of their money only. Too many stores to visit . The pay is too low, and some supervisors mistreat the employees.

Advice to Management

Think at least once in the human capital

"Promising company with extremely low compensation yet they still manage to obtain some good talent."

Former Employee - Retail Supervisor
    Former Employee - Retail Supervisor

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility in your schedule; vacation hours build up after staying with the company for a long time. My immediate supervisors were always kind.

Cons

Too many to name. Compensation does not match up with the workload. Goals can be very unobtainable and cause low morale throughout the team.

Advice to Management

Promote top talent sooner rather than later or else they will move on to something bigger and better.

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work isn't that difficult it's just very tedious and had to be very consistent.

Cons

The hire people to be your boss you have no real education is very annoying

Advice to Management

Hire people with an education to be a manager of someone else with an education

"Project Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser

Pros

Different types of work per week, nothing repetitive except for holidays work. Same stuff every holidays.

Cons

Hours varies by week, NO room for advancement, stuck with same pay same job.

Advice to Management

Better communication with staff from top to bottom, a lot of times I had to figure what everything out on my own as no one seems to understand what

Showing 422 of 2,051 reviews