Advantis Global Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Recruiter

4.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Grow into a Account Manager in less than 6 months (in 13 reviews)

• The opportunity is HUGE if you are willing to put in the hard work (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance was sometimes questioned (in 7 reviews)

• Expectations as an Account Manager are not made clear to those working towards a promotion ie (in 11 reviews)

1. "So much to learn & lots of support/ growth."

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here just over 5 months and I love it! Beginning with my Corporate Recruiter Jenn I knew this company was something special.
     My whole process was great from the start. They were flexible with my start date to accommodate my industry move. They really want you to grow with the company and polish your skillset. The managers are supportive and employees work together. When it comes to the $$, if you work hard the money will follow.

Cons

401 K Option would be awesome. But we have great health care options.

Advice to Management

keep it up.

Jul 20, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking time out your day to write your review on Advantis. I am so happy to see that you are loving your job and managers. I love seeing that you are feeling supported by your management... More

"Recent graduate"

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Choosing to work at Advantis as a recent graduate has been great. When Courtney contacted me for a Recruiter position with path to sales, I wasn’t sure if it’s what I wanted to do with my young career. However, Courtney’s energy and transparency instantly got me hooked on the opportunity; I wanted to learn more about the culture and the people at Advantis. On that note, my experience at Advantis has far exceeded my expectations. I love the people I work with and the leadership team work diligently to support the growth of every single Recruiter and Account Manager. Kyle and Bryan are two of the best mentors I have worked for, they really invest their time on setting people up for success, both professionally and personally. The culture at Advantis revolves around comradery, youth, and growth. The company encourages team-building by planning company events (i.e. paintballing, boat cruises, bubble soccer, archery, etc.), social gatherings with food and drinks, and competitive sports. I also love the fact that there always music playing in the office to brighten up the day with good vibes. Also, the team celebrates every victory whether it is small or big. Positive recognition runs through the company culture. Having said that, there are challenges that come with the job as well.

Cons

The biggest obstacle for me has been to learn technical terms and how the IT industry operates in order to be able to speak with high-level engineers and computer programmers. Willingness to learn and self-motivation definitely are requirements of the job because there is a certain degree of autonomy to find what works best. Every recruiter has slightly different approaches but, at the end of the day, the important thing is to match people with jobs. Walking a person in for their first day on a new job is the most rewarding part of the job!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership!

May 23, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

We are thrilled to see that your experience at Advantis has been great thus far. You are certainly right about Courtney bringing lots of energy and always being transparent....she is truly... More

"Great Company to work with and work for!!!!"

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is great, I look forward to going into work everyday because of the people I work with. Everyone cares about your success. Everyone there has a purpose and that purpose is to work hard and keep expanding. Training is made for you to succeed now it's a different story if you don't take the training seriously and struggle! Nothing in life gets handing to you, you have to put in work to make something happen for yourself. Advantis G really cares about their employees and understands the importance of work life balance. Managers set meetings with every employee at the beginning of the week to go over last weeks achievements and improvements. Also they are approachable for any topic whether it be work or personal life, they will listen and they care. I wouldn't trade my company for any other company I love it there and I want to succeed and help my company grow because I believe in Advantis Global! They are my family away from home!

Cons

NONE really, Everyday has its ups and downs but you have to be positive and keep your goal and your managements guidance in your head at all times. That will help you grow and stay motivated!

Advice to Management

Continue being great!

"Great company with infinite potential!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is AMAZING! Everyone is so inclusive - I never thought some of my coworkers would become best friends, but they truly are. Though sales is a competitive and individualistic industry, ADVANTIS succeeds at creating a team - oriented environment. I feel supported not only by my peers, but my managers as well. Not to mention how awesome the corporate recruiters are - preserving the office culture currently in place is clearly a priority for them, and for that I am grateful! Although there was quite a bit of turnover when I first started, ADVANTIS has done a great job of smoothing things out and investing in the right people.

Cons

If you want to do well in this job, you will have to work long hours.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jun 6, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Wow!! What a wonderful review. We can't thank you enough for sharing your experience thus far with the company. I am thrilled to see some of our culture initiatives/changes are being noticed by the... More

"Great time to get in with a growing company.."

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative and transparent team culture

Management is constantly seeking feedback and willing to take the time to listen to concerns.

Great earning potential if you're willing to put in the work and time

The company prides itself on providing quality candidates to their client managers and is willing to put in the extra effort to deliver the right person for their team

Overall, a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a growing company!

Cons

The company is experiencing some growing pains like any small company in hyper-growth mode but Sr. Management is investing a lot of time and resources to alleviate most of them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and continue to provide the same level of support and transparency.

Dec 16, 2016 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for the glowing review. I'm so happy to see that you feel like Advantis is collaborative and Transparent. The management team has been working very hard on creating a transparent... More

"Wouldn't recommend to anyone"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-They'll hire pretty much anyone as long as they have a good personality. They say you need a bachelors but I worked there with someone that was still "taking classes" but in actually he/she wasn't even doing that.
    -the corporate recruiters are the most genuine people at the company. They'll 100% fight for you and hear you out and actually put your happiness above all else.

Cons

-Management is full of bad people. Like morally bad people that just want to get ahead. They only care about how much money you are bringing to the table, and don't really care about helping you get there. I understand that you have to be self-motivated, but a little help from management would be nice.
    -They go through so much change in management that often times your direct manager is stretched far too thing, and is unable to help you which makes it almost impossible for you to grow.
    -The recruiters are all cut throat young people that don't care about the team at all, they strictly care about themselves.
    -the entire company is filled with 20-somethings which sounds like fun, but it's just chaotic and feels like a bunch of kids that need a grown up around.
    -The company lacks diversity. Just look at the pictures - they desperately need to diversify. The employees are all young white individuals.
    -They drink wayyyyyy too much. They get drunk on a Thursday and then come into work on Friday with crazy and inappropriate stories of who was the most drunk the day before. Totally unprofessional.
    -For a tech staffing firm their technology is wildly out of date. the whole SF office is technologically stunted. The database they use is easy, but basically useless. Also they WRITE OUT ON A PIECE OF PAPER the info on their candidate on what they call a CSF. Are you kidding me?? That made no sense to me. They need a database that can allow them to do more.

The whole time I was at Advantis I was basically miserable, and now I'm at a different staffing agency and seeing how we run things now is just vastly different and so much better.

Advice to Management

Prioritize the individual! And I know you want to take hiring upper management very seriously, but also realize the dire need and try to hire management ASAP when you decide to fire someone. And stop talking about transparency while you do everything behind closed doors.

Jan 20, 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

I would like to thank you for the feedback you have provided on your experience with Advantis Global. We are very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience while working here. You... More

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and good environment. Music playing in the office giving it good "pozi" vibes, regular happy hours, and competitive, yet fun people.

Cons

Work life balance was sometimes questioned. I wasn't allowed to see sick family members because my numbers weren't up to par.

Advice to Management

I would advise to allow employees to take time off for serious family matters and make more time for the ones who need more guidance.

Jul 7, 2016 – Head of Culture

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with ADVANTIS. We strive to create a positive, upbeat and productive work environment for our employees- enabling a culture of... More

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really useful overall experience in a high volume environment - literally and figuratively. It was great to learn something new everyday about different skills/technologies that drive the ever evolving world of technology that we live in. Open and collaborative atmosphere full of new grads and social 20-somethings.

Advantis is commonly used as a spring board to stick a landing into technical sales or professional recruiting, which is why people take off so frequently. Upper Management has addressed the need for employee retention by hiring a much needed Head of Culture ~ 6 months ago, adding big screen TV's in the offices for video conferencing and interaction, providing catered meals on holidays, happy hour on Fridays, company outings, red bull flip cup, and did I mention happy hour?

Management recently implemented a more concrete plan for promotion, rather than the previous blind folded, manger-guided path that involved pushing through frozen tundras of candidates going cold, scorching embers of an Account Manager's temper, gingerly walking on thin ice explaining why you didn't hit your numbers, and recurring quicksand of underpaying REQ's that will slow you down. Difference is, it isn't blindfolded anymore.

You will find out very soon if this is the career path you really want - there is no room/time for half hearted work and if you want to pass someone up, you'll have to shove them off the path and off a cliff. Know your purpose from the gate and sprint towards it before the herd catches up.

It is definitely possible to be very successful here if you are hungry for it and can stomach the repeated rejection and able to pass things that aren't in your control out the other end.

Can't forget, corporate trainer is a bingo!

Cons

Advantis constantly on-boards new employees just as fast as previous ones jump ship. There are no performance improvement plans so clean up your act or they will do you dirty!

It seems impossible to sustain a work culture because people very rarely stay longer than a year (just look at the length of employment in all of the reviews). Seriously, there are contractors who are employed with the clients longer than full-time recruiters will be with Advantis. Management has addressed the employee retention so hopefully moving forward employees will stay long enough to even get promoted and maybe see the day their candidate rolls off their contract.

Employees still don't know what the actual values or mission of the company are other than gluing your ear to the phone and gathering leads/talent just for Account Managers to profit off of in the end. The all-hands meetings are pretty hands-off because it is used for the VP to broadcast propaganda-like updates in the fashion of a State of the Union address since you don't hear from anyone else.

The 13 week training was helpful in understanding various skills sets except it is done while unethically gathering leads from naive/desperate job seekers who fit the profile for targeted categories.

The future the company is facing is not looking pretty because the Chicago office's numbers have been ugly and the Seattle expansion was an over anxious false-start (blame the 12th man).

Advice to Management

Free the Delivery Manager. Entire days spent rushing through hurried 1-on-1 meetings with each recruiter, re-qualifying REQ's with Account Managers, acting as a gatekeeper for qualifying candidates, fielding employee questions, hopping on conference calls, and evaluating performance. This leaves no room for them to provide mentorship or leadership for the recruiting team they're actually supposed to be managing and developing.

Jun 14, 2016 – Head of Culture

I would like to thank you for the feedback you provided on your time working with us at ADVANTIS Global. You make some accurate observations and assessments of the Company, but I would like to... More

"My First Sales Job"

Current Employee - IT Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Everyone is positive, real, transparent, and encouraging. Everything from your first initial phone conversation, to the interview process, and your start date is nothing but positive. Advantis has a very thorough training system for people, such as myself, who have never worked in the sales industy. Additionally, they have an open door policy and someone is always available if you have questions or concerns.

Cons

Sales isn't for everyone, so there's definitely a high turnover rate.

May 25, 2016 – Head of Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your time at ADVANTIS, thus far! We are thrilled to have you on the team. At ADVANTIS Global, we strive to honor our core values, which include... More

"Great team to work for!!!"

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, values and motivating office environment. There is no clear-cut distinction between Account Management and Recruiters. Everyone is very encouraging of one another's accomplishments. Mondays don't exist here! If you are goal-oriented and driven you will not go unnoticed. They have a very hands-on approach to helping you be the best you can be at your position and are there with you every step of the way. They want you to earn your promotion and keep climbing up the totem pole! Put in the work now and you will surely reap the benefits before you know it!

Cons

Rome wasn't built in 1 day! TRUST THE PROCESS. Some people want immediate success and that isn't how it works here, which is why people don't make it. Don't give up on yourself. This job requires taking the little steps rather than trying to leap to the finish line. Understand that and you'll prepare yourself for a successful career!

Advice to Management

Great enthusiasm and energy every day and make it a true privilege to work here! Love the spontaneous happy hour adventures! Never a dull moment here and I feel comfortable talking with anyone in management.

May 26, 2016 – Head of Culture

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with ADVANTIS thus far. We are thrilled that you have found success here! We look forward to seeing your continued career growth... More