KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Advantis Global Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2021

Found 147 of over 219 reviews

4.2
Advantis Global CEO Dan Pollock (no image)
Dan Pollock
Pros
  • "I love the people I work with and the leadership team work diligently to support the growth of every single Recruiter and Account Manager(in 13 reviews)

• "Throughout the interview process, she made sure to schedule a time to meet with me and do interview prep(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "To actually reap the benefits of an Account Manager you have to hit 10k in GM(in 11 reviews)

• "Work life balance was sometimes questioned(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Leadership

Aug 27, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a single mom in this industry it can be difficult to juggle everything and feel like you have support from your employer. This was not the case at AG. Leadership cares about what is important to you and your family. The training in the beginning is very hands on by the recruiting manager and he will provide you resources if needed. The director and the CEOs door is always open. You can tell they take pride in their people. They have so much business in different industries, this is a great time to dive in! I would recommend working here for sure! The recruiters are amazing. I have so much respect for for them and drive! They are super supportive and transparent. You can learn a lot from them in a short amount of time. I know I did! Also, you can tell that this company cares about Diversity & Inclusion!

Cons

Nothing to do with upper leadership. Some management should be more transparent with their client and work on different communication styles.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great learning experience

Jul 6, 2021 - Payroll Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will definitely get hands-on, real world experience while you're here. Rest assured you will be learning something new everyday. Overall, everyone is friendly and great to work with. They have developed a D&I team and it seems promising. They have been consistently growing during the pandemic, while other companies have not been able to sustain. The growth that we've seen this year has been tremendous and that is a testament to the dedication of each and every employee at AG.

Cons

Structure and compensation for back office is lacking. They are working on road maps to get to the next level but you have to wait until a position presents itself and that may be a few years. Organizationally, a lot of systems and processes are outdated. Working towards change but difficult to do so with record growth, simultaneously.

3. 5.0

Very good training!

Jan 27, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Definitely the training. I feel like I was trained really well. I got a remote position with another company after working at Advantis with a very hands-off manager and I felt like I definitely hit the ground running and was able to get many placements right away because of what I learned at Advantis. Also the CEO! He’s very present and will make time for you should you need it.

Cons

I can only think of two cons. It’s hard to stay motivated when the commission is really low when you first start. Also I felt like a handful of people talked behind each other’s backs which I didn’t appreciate.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

hello

Jun 16, 2021 - Security Analyst in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work culture here too

Cons

nothing to add here too

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not low not high

Jul 21, 2021 - QA Jobs in Cupertino, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, flexible timeline, positive environment

Cons

Hard to switch the positions

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Full Time BDM

Jun 30, 2021 - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company cultivates an amazing team culture and love all my coworkers and great opportunity to grow internally and financially.

Cons

The medical benefits and 401k plans are not the best.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Toxic Company

Apr 20, 2021 - Business Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hard to think of any.

Cons

This company does not care about their employees. They provide horrible benefits, made employees keep working in the office when the pandemic broke out until companies were forced to WFH (one of the last companies to stay in the office), didn't provide any sort of WFH stipend to add or improve an at home office, has had numerous complaints regarding a toxic work environment and no effort to improve this. The turnover is at an appalling rate which has never been addressed and is considered "normal". Advantis Global is behind the times in the tech industry and needs to make massive changes if they want to grow.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 1.0

Technical recruiter

Jan 12, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of happy hours/ and young environment.

Cons

Poor management, poor training structure, catty work environment, favoritism, don’t respect/recognize new hires for showing up early and staying late. It is a very cut throat environment and they would rather hire someone else after 7 weeks rather than work to develop and support their new hires and let them finish out the 14 week ramp up period. They expect you to jump on the phone day 1 without even given any talk tracks. Each day you are given a new job description to work on and without a developer background it is impossible to know what exactly you are looking for without researching a ton before. Micromanagement as to how many calls you’ve made and leads sent, there is no quality or quantity in this job. Very high turnover. No 401k offered. Compensation for commission is not competitive.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The most impressive Contracting firm I have worked for in 15 years.

Jan 31, 2021 - Project Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, awesome team, open to discuss all options in relation to the job

Cons

Could have small improvements to any gaps between contracted company and company policies

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Recruiter Review

Feb 17, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to grow your career in

Cons

not applicable at this time, my experience has been great

Viewing 1 - 10 of 147 Reviews