Advantis Global Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2020

4.4
Advantis Global CEO Dan Pollock (no image)
Dan Pollock
Pros
  • "Throughout the interview process, she made sure to schedule a time to meet with me and do interview prep(in 9 reviews)

• "Advantis is a great company to work for(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I have experienced(in 15 reviews)

• "There is this glorified image of what being an account manager is(in 11 reviews)

1. "Great company, nice to work with"

Current Employee - QA Engineer

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly stuff Provide quick solution when you need help.

Cons

I didn't find any cons. ;)

2. "Pure Professional"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked with the same recruiter on two occasions, and I have to say he and his Account Manager were very professional, accountable, and transparent with information. The first opportunity didn't pan out, but they stayed in touch until they had another opportunity for me and were always a text away--always proactive too!

Cons

No cons to think of!

3. "Amazing People Great Company"

Current Employee - Computational Linguist

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

The recruiter and the other staff are very professional and efficient, they walked me through every step of the process, and provided a tremendous support. My recruiter has done an amazing job with me every step of the way.

Cons

The only con that I can say is that they the benefits are not the greatest, but that's usually the case in contracting.

August 10, 2020Director

Thank you for your review! It is gratifying to hear your recognize the dedication of your recruiter. But most importantly, it's awesome to hear your candidate experience was exactly what everyone at AG strives for every day! Also, we appreciate your critique on the benefits offered at Advantis. We review our benefits package annually and have made improvements each of the previous two years based on our contracted talent’s feedback. That annual process of evaluation and improvement will continue, and Advantis remains committed to offering competitive benefits which meet the needs of candidates in the markets we operate.

4. "This got me interested in more"

Current Employee - Data Curator

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Advantis approached me out of the blue and while I was still working freelance I took this opportunity to learn more skills in this direction.

Cons

Only con is that I got a contracting job so I wasn't able to get many of the company benefits.

August 10, 2020Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Kudos to you on taking the initiative to develop new career skills! We're excited to support you on the journey, and hope to earn your trust for the long run, We review our benefits package annually and have made improvements each of the previous two years based on our contracted talent’s feedback. That annual process of evaluation and improvement will continue, and Advantis remains committed to offering competitive benefits which meet the needs of candidates in the markets we operate.

"Supportive Company Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very collaborative environment that will empower you to be your best self, whole team has adjusted well to “work from home” while still finding time to come together virtually. Overall great people that want to help you succeed professionally and personally

Cons

The job itself can be challenging. Lots of factors are out of your control but if you focus on what you can, positive movement will come! You need to be a gritty person that is ready to work really hard!!

Continue reading

August 3, 2020Director

Thank you for recognizing the collaborative environment at AG!! It is awesome to see what motivated and helpful humans can accomplish together. And, thank you for all you do! Advantis is succeeding and growing even now because of the dedicated people we have on our teams. Indeed, transparency is key! We have and will continue to keep transparent and timely communication a big priority. With covid-19 that communication is even more important. Keep the feedback coming!

6. "Honest staffing company with supportive team"

Current Employee - Language Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with Advantis Global as a contractor for Apple on the language engineer team, the pros about Advantis Global are: - great opportunities to work on very interesting project for big tech companies - supportive and proactive team, they will answer to your questions and do their best to help you - positive and respectfull culture and values

Cons

- no cons I can think of

August 10, 2020Director

Thank you so much for the review! We're thrilled to hear your experience with AG is exactly what our purpose is all about - connecting talented people to great opportunities!

7. "Thumbs up!"

Current Employee - Computational Linguist

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

Friendly and supportive staff. Pleasant hiring and onboarding process.

Cons

I have not seen any so far.

Continue reading

August 10, 2020Director

Thank you for your review! It's awesome to hear your onboarding experience went smoothly.. Please know we're here to support you the rest of the way through your entire engagement with AG. We have an industry leading Contractor Care program, and a stellar recruiting team. The future is bright!

8. COVID-19

"Adaptable and Responsive"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

I appreciated how AG took care of its employees during all the challenges during COVID. The company is quick to adapt and is responsive to employee feedback. I feel appreciated and valued for my work and contributions to my team. My co-workers are great and I find the CEO and CFO to be great leaders in my department.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

August 3, 2020Director

Thank you so much for your review.. We're all in this together!

9. "They take big commission"

1.0
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing. NO 401k match. Heath insurance is extensive.

Cons

They take big commission. Later I found out what my client pays them and really upset.

August 3, 2020Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. While we’re disappointed Advantis didn’t leave you with the impression we strive for, we appreciate your feedback very much. As a rule, Advantis pays at or above market rates, and we always negotiate with candidates in good faith based on the bill rates our clients require us to follow. We review our benefits package annually and have made improvements each of the previous two years based on our contracted talent’s feedback. That annual process of evaluation and improvement will continue, and Advantis remains committed to offering competitive benefits which meet the needs of candidates in the markets we operate.

10. "Gritty and Passionate"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the environment of work hard play hard. These people know how to take care of business at a very professional level and take the time to recover from the intense work that they put in. Everyone is unique in their own way, and genuine people. That is hard to find in the Bay. Huge team environment, and every is very supportive of each other.

Cons

It can be an emotional roller coaster when you can not control your work. You are working with people, and their livelihood. Candidates can back out after working with them for months and you have to start back from scratch.

July 21, 2020Director

Love this! The AG team definitely embodies purpose, urgency, and grit. Happy you've found an environment you love. Keep it up. And yes, it can be an emotional roller coaster but when AG focuses on the things we DO control (attitude, quality, and process) good things happen!! A little self care goes a long way too! :-)

Found 127 reviews