AdventHealth Greater Orlando Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated May 16, 2020

3.7
AdventHealth Greater Orlando CEO  Daryl Tol
Daryl Tol
Pros
  • "Faith-based and really embodies making you feel whole(in 38 reviews)

• "Great place to work, annual raises, potential for annual bonus(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, very low cost of living increase (or none at all as was the case this year)(in 20 reviews)

• "Unrealistic goals that changed after I left, poor middle management, upper management untrustworthy(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Where the Heart is"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AdventHealth Greater Orlando full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management cares about their staff. Teams work closely together to take care of patients.

Cons

Pressure from upper management can cause unnecessary stress at times.

"The Good, The Bad and the Ugly Truth About. AdventHealth"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Orlando, FL

I worked at AdventHealth Greater Orlando full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Good - Nurses typically support each other, they have too, otherwise AdventHealth would run them into the ground (that's it, nothing else good)

Cons

The Bad - (hmm, where to begin) - horrible nurse staffing ratios, they scrape it to the bone and beyond - propaganda (biased or misleading information) is a common technique used by AdventHealth, they are experts of illusion. Maybe that’s how they hire top execs, who has the best talent for presenting negative information to employees and convincing employees that they are actually doing them a favor. How about the creative raise in pay which when scrutinized closely, (shift differential, hourly rate, overtime, holiday pay, etc) and you look at the way it all fits together, you just took a cut in pay, benefits or both and you are supposed to smile and say thank you. Don't bother questioning their suspicious mathematics or reasoning, you already know the answer. - you are an inconvenience to many employee support departments such as Human Resources, Payroll or Employee Health. They could care less if you have a problem (they try to make it so difficult to actually discuss a valid problem and even if you do manage that, they will either deny that any problem exists, refuse to acknowledge any responsibility for the problem, or you may never get an answer ... they just want you to go away and stop wasting their time, remember you are a nothing to them) - AdventHealth executive management has no interest in you as a hard-working loyal employee (you are a machine to be used and disposed of when the time comes) They see the physical and emotional exhaustion associated with nursing as part of the job, they don’t want to hear about it, that would require them to show compassion towards the very employees that are integral to making billions for them. You might want do an internet search to see what top executives at AdventHealth make. Hint: Million(s). Times are tough though so the physical and emotional exhaustion nurses go though is only worth a few cents more and, by the way, were short on nurses right now, can you work some overtime because we’ve burnt through more nurses this month than we thought we would and we’re in a bind, you need to be a “team player” and we’ll toss you a few extra bucks (ouch) because we know you’ll grab at it in the hopes of having some semblance of enjoyable life, that is until we can hire some new machines .. oops sorry nurses … till we burn them out too. - little to no chance for advancement, you can work for AdventHealth as a bedside nurse for years and never even get considered for a promotion regardless of whether you further your education, join committees or participate in things which benefit your unit and or hospital (remember upper management has no interest in you and it is extremely challenging, if not near impossible, to move away from the bedside, particularly if you are a good bedside nurse) - hurricane time in Florida .. bring your own food, bring your own water, bring your own bedding, don't bring your kids though, even if you can't find someone to watch them, remember AdventHealth doesn’t care about you so why would they care about your kids. - horrible health insurance (most patients have better health insurance), eg. you can buy certain prescription medication for 5 times less without using AdventHealth insurance at a non-AdventHealth pharmacy than you can buy it with AdventHealth insurance. To make it worse, they will call you and tell you "we would prefer you buy your routine medications from our AdventHealth mail order pharmacy". Imagine that, got to love those top AdventHealth execs, they are smooth, milking every dime they can out of their 80,000 plus employees, many of whom are nurses, for the very the products and services AdventHealth provides (so much for an employee discount) The Ugly Truth - About AdventHealth - Founded by the Seventh-Day Adventist Church is this … AdventHealth IS ALL ABOUT MAKING MONEY, THEIR MONEY, AS MUCH IT AS THEY CAN POSSIBLE MAKE, ... PERIOD. They will invest in buying up hospitals, and building new ones, to expand their market share but will burnout nurses at phenomenal rates. They will talk about they care about nurses and "compassion burnout" (there’s that propaganda again) but AdventHealth executives have no compassion to begin with, particularly towards the very people that are caring for patients. Unfortunately, this attitude trickles down the management ladder. It is somewhat diffused and aerosolized by the time it reaches lower level management and most unit managers are more understanding and compassionate but you can still occasionally experience the same attitude due to the influences they are under from the upper rungs of the ladder. As I am not a Seventh-Day Adventist therefore I cannot comment on their religious beliefs, nor do I feel it relevant to this review. I do however find it offensive the way they use religion to sell their propaganda of how they profess to be doing Christ's work when it is SOOOOOO obvious that all they care about is making money. Religious images are displayed everywhere with righteous and noble captions which obviously executive management doesn't read. Christ would never have treated people the way AdventHealth treats their employees. If you work as a nurse for AdventHealth (formerly Florida Hospital) you are treated as a nothing, and sacrilege (a violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred) is common place as demonstrated by their behavior. Do an internet search on "Florida hospital lawsuit millions" and/or “adventhealth lawsuit millions” and learn more about this "NOT FOR PROFIT" hospital, their ethics, morals and Christian values. If you want to work for a hospital, which only cares about making money and burns through nurses at an astounding pace then AdventHealth is for you. Just so you also know, AdventHealth has their own nurse factory behind the hospital called AdventHealth University where they crank out new nurses to replace the ones that they burn out but their factory needs to crank up production, they’re burning through nurses faster than they can produce them. Think about it, why would a hospital be running ads for nurses if they have their own nurse factory. AdventHealth would likely tell you that it is because they are growing, which is partially true, but now you also know the rest of the story. Good luck in your job hunting.

Continue reading

"Good Entry Level Position"

2.0
    Current Employee - PreAccess Precertification Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AdventHealth Greater Orlando full-time for more than a year

Pros

Over time, good benefits, standard schedule, easy to transfer within the organization

Cons

Forced to pray everyday, low pay, poor upper management, lack of recognition

AdventHealth Greater Orlando Response

Marketing Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative environment for all of our employees, and are disappointed to hear about your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we'll continue to find ways to improve.

4. "Not bad"

4.0

I worked at AdventHealth Greater Orlando full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of hours, paid training, premium pay for overnight and weekend.

Cons

Unrealistic goals that changed after I left, poor middle management, upper management untrustworthy.

"Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Orlando, FL

I worked at AdventHealth Greater Orlando full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity for overtime Opportunity for growth

Cons

Short-staffing Unsafe nurse-patient ratios Upper management that doesn't listen to staff or monitor turnover rates

AdventHealth Greater Orlando Response

Marketing Strategist

6. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - CRS in Orlando, FL

Pros

They offer a lot of business and personal benefits, discounts for life needs, and they care about the employees. They take care of you and almost everyone you’ll meet i has a great personality.

Cons

They pay lower than other hospital organizations by several dollars for some positions. Sometimes there’s more work pushed on you by upper management because they don’t understand.

7. "RN"

in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AdventHealth Greater Orlando for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive pay and good benefits

Cons

No real support from upper management

8. "team member"

2.0

I have been working at AdventHealth Greater Orlando full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great team to work with , staff cares and middle management works hard

Cons

Some of Upper management need to go --- incompetent and lack sense of what patient care is all about ... staff left to their own devices as upper players play games against each other !!! hoping the new CEO will clean house soon

9. "Florida Hospital"

I worked at AdventHealth Greater Orlando full-time

Pros

The job itself was great

Cons

The upper management is lacking any knowledge of what goes on in their facility.

Continue reading
  10. "Mission statement should apply to employees"

I have been working at AdventHealth Greater Orlando full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay is good if you have been with the company for a bit. Smaller campus' have a "family" type atmosphere.

Cons

Very hard to advance as a clinician. Seasoned clinicians have a heavy workload. Promoting people who have worked hard and served the company should be saved from burnout by upper management, instead they work us harder and spread us thinner.

Found 17 reviews