AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 24 reviews

3.8
AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid CEO Randy Surber
Randy Surber
  1. "I love my job my team and my patients"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Sebring, FL

I have been working at AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The support from management, my coworkers are family, relaxed faith based care focusing on the patient and their needs. Getting to pray with your patients.

Cons

Staffing at times is short which adds stress, but the team work makes up for it most of the time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the work

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2018-03-23
  2. "Great"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Orlando, FL

Pros

It’s like a family. I enjoy my job.

Cons

The benefits could be better but they are still comparable with most places.

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2019-04-12
  3. "The absolute worst place to work"

I have been working at AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great staff and team members Nice facility

Cons

Administration here is an absolute disgrace. Management only cares about saving themselves dollars for their bonuses or fancy new lounges so they cut every single department and overload and overwork their staff. This happens across the board for every department. Nursing is absolutely the most overworked. Interdepartmental relationships are terrible because of this reason. HR is also not trustworthy and only backs management....

Advice to Management

Get a new HR department and completely new management and administration. Pretend to start caring about your employees and how their well being affects patient care.

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2019-04-17
  4. "Nurse"

Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great coworkers and ok benefits

Cons

Constantly get phone calls from the administrators about VIP patients. I believe in treating all patients equally but they want you to show EXTRA attention to VIP patients. The administrator only visits a patient if they are deemed important (Has money or a business). There is no opportunity for advancement, and only certain employees are recognized. The charge nurses are useless and were assigned to help out on the...

Advice to Management

Listen to the employee concerns and try to compliment all of your employees more often it will definitely help with the retention rate.

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2019-01-05
  5. "Declining performance over the years"

I have been working at AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid

Pros

Absolutley love the people I work with. The pay in good for being in highlands county.

Cons

Constant equipment malfunction (ECG machines, Computers, printers, scanners). Understaffed during the busy season especially in the ER. Only one Physician works all night. How about 2 for when the snowbirds are down? Constantly cutting corners to try and save money (changing nurse to patient ratios, cutting shifts.ect) Annual raises are not really a thing. I've only had 1 raise in 5 years and that was due to minimum...

Advice to Management

Increase staff during peak season especially in the ER. Fix the overpriced cafeteria and/or give employees a better discount. Do something about the HR. The hiring process is ridiculous now.

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2018-11-29
    • "RN Charge Nurse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sebring, FL

I have been working at AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Florida Hospital is advanced many years with electronic computer charting, scanning, physician order entry. This allows staff to provide safe care throughout the entire hospital system. Florida Hospital is always striving to improve their healthcare practices. Another pro is location, my job is close to home in a quiet community.

Cons

Moderate turn over rate. Many nurses come get their initial training at our hospital then move to bigger cities after a couple years. This take many hours and resources from our staff and hospital.

Advice to Management

Managers should do all the patient satisfaction rounds and Not the Charge nurses. Charge Nurses needed to be free to help the staff nurses on the unit.

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2018-06-03
    • "Good organization"

I worked at AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good mission vision and values. Working to be competitive in salary scales.

Cons

Recent changes in leadership - unknown cons.

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2017-11-24
    • "RN"

I have been working at AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid full-time

Pros

Great environment, good team work

Cons

Low pay rate small hospital

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2017-08-25
      • "Materials Handler"

I have been working at AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid full-time

Pros

Great working environment along with a peaceful atmosphere

Cons

There is not a lot of room to grow

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2017-06-01
      • "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Sebring, FL

I have been working at AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great benefits and wonderful leadership. Lots of room to grow and transfer to other departments/hospitals.

Cons

No cons to share. I love working for AHS

AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid2017-04-18