AdventHealth Shawnee Mission Employee Reviews about "patient care"
Updated May 13, 2021
Found 4 of over 220 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
I was offered 3 jobs at 3 different hospitals in 3 different locations. One is at $24/hr in MA, one is $17/hr in Atl and the other is at $23/hr in NC. I'm not sure which to pick but I really would like to be in GA but coming from NY that pay isn't really cutting it. I asked to negotiate but haven't gotten any feedback and it's been a few days. I called and left a VM with HR but no response. The start dates are quick approaching. MA is a bit expensive and NC seems to be a happy medium. Thoughts?
Hello, I’m a new grad RN and a new single mom with a 3mo. I recently decided to start looking for jobs via an agency and I actually received an interview request sooner than I expected. The position is everything that I desire for my first job as an RN. My problem is that baby still wakes up every 2 hours. Would it be appropriate to request to start the job a month out so that I can attempt to sleep train? I need to work but the lack of sleep could negatively affect my work performance.
Got a burning question about AdventHealth Shawnee Mission? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with AdventHealth Shawnee Mission employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "The people are great and it's rewarding to know that your work is benefiting someone truly in need." (in 21 reviews)
- "coworkers are amazing and worth working there" (in 12 reviews)
- "Good benefits, a little underpaid compared to some other places." (in 10 reviews)
- "Good place to work with a good culture" (in 10 reviews)
- "Staffs are nice and very accommodating." (in 7 reviews)
- "Poor Management and not very diverse" (in 9 reviews)
- "low pay for years and experience." (in 8 reviews)
- "Catty managers who would talk behind your back to other employees and give out information that wasn’t okay to share." (in 6 reviews)
- "Poor leadership makes employee's work environment poor" (in 5 reviews)
- "Not the most competitive wages" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of AdventHealth Shawnee Mission and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "patient care"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★
Great place to work!Jan 12, 2023 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
AdventHealth cares for the Whole person and that isn't limited to patients, its team members too.
I can't think of anything right now.
- Former Employee★★★★★
FacadesMay 14, 2023 - Registered Nurse/Assistant Nurse ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Faith based, autonomy as a RN for patient care, ability to advance
Changing executive leadership that did not consider thoughts or opinions of frontline staff or middle management. When it officially became AdventHealth a lot of negative cultural changes were made that impacted loyal employees and patient care. Loyalty was disregarded and being a great staff and patient advocate was discouraged. If the executive leadership cared about humans at all, this would be a great place to work.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★
Great pay, but very religous hospitalJul 29, 2016 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Pay, amount of pts per staff (but not always), great supervisor, overall nice to work there.
Benefits are bad, CEO dislikes CNA's and wants to do away with them on some units which causes nurses to do total patient care. Very religious, poor cafeteria-terrible food.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★
Good people.Aug 15, 2019 - NurseRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Coworkers are wonderful to work with.
Some of the management is much more concerned with bottom line than patient care. Also trying to copy models of other departments that are completely different.Continue reading