Adventist Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Terry Shaw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It is IT and the corporate office but no job sharing or working from home and too secretive about the new promotion step program instituted (in 5 reviews)

• Dress code can be a little strict in the corporate office but the people and the atmosphere make up for that small drawback (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - IT Director in Palm Coast, FL
    Former Employee - IT Director in Palm Coast, FL

I worked at Adventist Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture there is second to none. So many opportunities to grow and move as they operate 46 hospitals in several states.

Cons

Sometimes you feel like a number as there are so many employees. Also, sometimes, due to the size of the organization, you don't get praise for your hard work.

Advice to Management

Continue building and nurturing your staff. They are the future of the company.

2. "A company with great values, focused on driving innovation in the future"

I have been working at Adventist Health System part-time

Pros

Kind and caring community.
    A lot of internal growth opportunities for those willing to push themselves.
    An in development consumer centric approach to healthcare.
    Value and appreciation for good work.

Cons

Currently behind the times in people systems and technology.
    Lack of continuity between different entities AHS owns.
    Room for AHS' culture to grow outside of corporate.

Advice to Management

Dare to disrupt the healthcare industry in a forward thinking approach to consumer centric opportunities.

"It can always be better"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Senior Analyst in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Senior Analyst in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Adventist Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Growth opportunity. Our mission is what drives me to come to work every morning.

Cons

C-Suite Management seems a little detached from the actual day to day activities. Lower level management gets away with some unethical behavior which jeopardizes employees engagement. It is obvious that, like in many other industries, your ability to grow is not based on experience and abilities; but on who liked you best.

Advice to Management

They should interview a handful of employees in each area to get a real feel of what is going on. I would recommend employees are picked based on years of service. This way you get a range of points of views and opinions.

4. "Great work place!"

Pros

Good benefits, salary, and health insurance. Also, plenty of opportunities for advancement and education reimbursement.

Cons

3 month window until able to transfer, approval process from reimbursement for continuing education

5. "Current employee"

I have been working at Adventist Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is very competitive based on market value

Cons

The environment is very professional. A little too professional. The office is too quiet. If you are young and outgoing and like to have fun, this may not be the place for you.

6. "Good Place for work"

I have been working at Adventist Health System full-time

Pros

People are very friendly and careful here. I will highly recommend others for work here. I would love to continue as long as I can. Faith based policy which I love it. team work and many more

Cons

I like less on Pay day off (PDO) policy. If it is yours first year roughly you will get 20 to 22 days in a years which includes your holiday and sick days. Sometimes Your boss/ manger will be forced you to take off on extra holiday. However, once you cross your first year it will be increased (little).

Advice to Management

Please fix PDO. It might looks good on upper management. But at lower end you might not aware what going on.

7. "Growing Organization"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Adventist Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company is continually growing, especially at corporate with the ongoing transition to the shared services model. salary is competitive, but yearly raises are not. lots of opportunities for career growth. work with a manager that cares about his employees and wants to see them grow

Cons

none at this time, check AHS out

Advice to Management

continue to look internally for advancements

Adventist Health System Response

Jun 28, 2017 – Recruitment Strategis

Thanks for your feedback! We agree with you that there are more opportunities for us to look internally for advancements. In fact, we're currently piloting a new employee development program aimed at... More

8. "Supply Chain Mgmt - HQ"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Adventist Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very organized operations, competent employees, respectful and professional atmosphere, flexibility, work-life balance, beautiful campus

Cons

Unfortunately, favoritism does exist here. Limited growth opportunities, pay/benefits are not competitive with the market.

Advice to Management

You do a great job vetting prospect employees in the interview process - retain these good people and provide a career path for them, and execute it.

Adventist Health System Response

Jun 28, 2017 – Recruitment Strategis

Great advice! Like you said, we are blessed to have a beautiful campus, amazing team members, and good work-life balance. But of course, there is always more we can do to ensure we're retaining top... More

9. "Class Act"

Pros

Strong Org that cares a lot

Cons

Big Place that can seem impersonal at times

"Hypocrisy"

Current Employee - Direct Patient Care in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Direct Patient Care in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Adventist Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get a $5.00 meal voucher and a 10% off coupon at the local hospital thrift store

Cons

Horrible management, spineless leadership and some of the most viscous backstabbing I've ever seen at ANY job I have EVER worked at. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should avoid this horror show:

-they use people's faith to manipulate them into working for crap money. "Sacred work" happens everywhere...one needn't work in a faith-based hospital for their work to be sacred.
    -they could care less about actual patient care, unless it generates more revenue. The greed on the 12th floor is astounding. They should be ashamed of themselves collecting 6+ figures/ year while the people who take care of patients get less than 1% raises per year.
    -you have to know someone or be related to get a promotion. If neither applies to you and you were promoted, it was a lucky break.
    -the physicians run the show and could care less if they grind you down to a bloody nub, as long as you are still a tool for them to make money.-
    -the way they calculate your pdo accrual is so convoluted, that people give up trying to figure it out.
    -the health insurance is a joke
    -there is no honesty. At all.
    -they have this almost "zero tolerance" attitude toward employees. Like, no human qualities must ever show through your fake smiles and greetings. I agree that personal problems should be left at the door, but let's face it...we are all human and we are not perfect. It disgusts me that the temperance and grace NEVER sways in the direction of the employees. Always in the direction of the top.

Advice to Management

Management would never take advice at this organization, but just in case they do...
    Be leaders, not micromanagers. Those surveys we have to take every year? The negativity in the responses is no accident...perhaps you should reflect upon them instead of scheduling those silly "executive partnership" meetings with the suits. Try leading by example.