Adventist HealthCare Reviews in Rockville, MD | Glassdoor

Rockville, MD

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Terry Forde

Pros
  • Stability of job, great co-workers (in 3 reviews)

• Friendly administration with great benefits and employee engagement (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is only balanced if work always comes first (in 3 reviews)

• Frontline staff and middle managers stretched further each quarter continually having to do more and more with less (in 2 reviews)

1. "Sales ASSOCIATE"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Rockville, MD

I worked at Adventist HealthCare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team work, always work with you. Very considerable to both patients and employees.

Cons

Renovation of buildings everywhere.

Advice to Management

Please renovate building weekend.

2. "Cna"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant/Geriatric Nursing Assistant in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Adventist HealthCare (More than a year)

Pros

Work when you want to.

Cons

Hours may be at wierd times

Advice to Management

Pay more for cases with few hours

3. "Great place great people"

Current Employee - Security in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Security in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Adventist HealthCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work with the best people and learn things that can help u for life

Cons

The pay could be better and i would be nice to be able to get bonuses for employees of the month or be recognized for employees of the month.

Advice to Management

None

"Promises promises"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

I really enjoyed working with my co-workers.Most of them genuinely cared about the pts.

Cons

The administration said they had one set of standards, but operated by another. I stopped an 11 yr old pt from harming himself, rather than watch him do it as another employee did and guess which one of us still has a job.

Advice to Management

Stop punishing people for making a decision when there is no SOP to specifically tell them what to do. Then, create the SOP to fill the hole. Give people an opportunity to give their side instead of just railroading them.

6. "Good organization & values, Management needs improvement"

Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Psychiatric Technician in Rockville, MD

I worked at Adventist HealthCare full-time

Pros

Most of the people who work there are kind, helpful and considerate. The facility itself is well-maintained and the organization tries to promote a culture of health and wellness without being too pushy.
    Their benefits are pretty good (almost free at any adventist facility) and they offer subsidized food at the cafeteria (with an additional discount for employees). They often have promotions for fitbits and other gadgets.

Cons

Depending on who your Nurse Manager is, you will either get treated well or poorly. Scheduling can be haphazard and asking for a day off is almost like committing a sin!
    As a psychiatric technician, you will not actually be doing any "psychiatric" work. Your day will basically revolve around escorting patients for food and keeping a check on them.

Advice to Management

Try to follow and encourage others to follow your value of "RESPECT"

7. "Good company to start at and learn"

Former Employee - Analyst in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Analyst in Rockville, MD

I worked at Adventist HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity for ambitious individuals to get involved in improving business processes. There some really good supportive people you will work with. There a lot of Adventist institutions that this employer can prime you for.

Cons

Management is stagnant, and relatively noncompetitive for keeping top talent. There seems to be a culture of mediocrity that allow some people to resent those that strive for excellence. Some of the process improvement changes are met with fierce resistance.

Advice to Management

Compete for top talent, and support the individuals that are driving positive change.

"Wrongfully Terminated"

Former Employee - Administrative Professional in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Professional in Rockville, MD

I worked at Adventist HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only the close proximity to folks living in Rockville or Gaithersburg.

Cons

Benefits are not good
    No work-life balance
    Poor and dumb management
    Fear and threats are often used by management

Advice to Management

Please encourage your employees to growth and be clear and honest when you first hire someone to a position, not misleading future hires with false expectations. I was terminated over the phone and on my day off, with false accusations of "abuse" of paid time off. Management is a joke, they do not like to hear any other side except for their own. They abuse your time, exploit you and when it's convenient they let you go in the most unprofessional manner. If you ever think of choosing them as your future employer, don't. They will make your life a living hell.

9. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Adventist HealthCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great benefits, nice surroundings, easy access to hiring managers.

Cons

antiquated ATS, employees stay for years and complain bitterly about everything.

"Run away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Adventist HealthCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the managers are genuinely nice people, but they are vastly outnumbered by the incompetent ones

Cons

Very technologically old fashioned in business practices. Management does a ton of talking but no doing. I had zero work/life balance- I would get called on my days off and I regretted every sick day I took.

Advice to Management

Treat your people with more respect and understanding. Then maybe we all wouldn't be running away...

"Very tough to succeed here, hard work is satisfying but administration is not supportive of line staff and poor benefits"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Rockville, MD

Pros

Great team members, fast paced. Good place for new grads to learn and take experience with you to an organization that will value it.

Cons

Low salary ranges, far below average in this area, health benefits are not good, very little vacation time and no paid holidays, managment makes it tough to use your leave time because of under staffed.

Advice to Management

Put your employees needs first, treat them like the valued and commuted service providers that they are. You will always continue to lose good staff if you continue to under pay and over work your employees.