Advertising and Charity Events Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ayush Sukhani

"Love it! Great team! GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Advertising and Charity Events Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love the environment and the hours; they are very flexible and help every new employee.
    Fantastic way to get your career started

Cons

We can do pizza party every night and not just on Tuesday, also taco night can be repeated as well.

Advice to Management

Keep mentoring everyone! Lets help everyone

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phila, PA

I worked at Advertising and Charity Events Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked there for a month. Really good learning stepping stone for the working world. The presentations are easy. Teaches you straight forward Do's and Don'ts. People you work with are friendly and very group oriented.

Cons

The commission was very low. No salary. Very nerve racking. You go out on the field. When you are out on the field, they allow you to pay for transportation which is costly. You also go door to door. Chances are you get caught and kicked out of "soliciting."

Every morning before I head to the field your manager expects you to get 5 sales in 1 week then promoted become corporate trainer which is nice but really impossible. The annoying part about that everyone would keep asking you, "you getting promoted???" I then would try not get my hopes up and trust me, you shouldn't to either.

The CEO/manager of the company became nice to me in the beginning but then throughout the time me working there, he became iffy. Before I left, I realized he was a joke. Around holidays he wanted me to take a road trip to NY with 5 people in the group since I was the only one who had a car. After that, Monday was a holiday (all businesses we go to) were closed and he didn't care which threw me off guard.

3. "We are ready for 2017"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Love the energy and colleagues!!
    People are friendly and helpful. Always something new to work on and new projects. I have been on 4 business trips in few months I've been here. This is a great place to start a career. I was looking for a small/medium marketing firm that helps and works with new recruits and I found that here

Cons

No Cons except for the new construction near the office that adds to 10 mins of driving, it confusing for someone traveling for the 1st time.

Advice to Management

I'm excited to be a part of the expansion in 2017. Looking forward to working with more charities as well.

4. "Fun and a great place for entry level"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

So much fun everyday
    Management program is great for someone like me who just finished my masters
    My colleagues are so smart and helpful

Cons

Sometimes the morning meeting runs a little longer than expected and that means striving harder to hit our goals on time

Advice to Management

I love the atmosphere and sharp people we're working with now.

"Waste of Time!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

-One great thing is that because the job is such a waste of time, you won't suffer too long if you decide to try it because you will only be there for about a week. Turnover is higher than Mount Everest.

-It was also cool to see how schemes work first hand. It will teach you to not be fooled by smooth talking and deeply selfish people so easily.

Cons

STAY AWAY!!!

- You will be doing business to business sales trying to sell office supplies. Prepare to arrive at the office at 8am and leave to go home at 6:20pm. You will soon find that these long hours are for nothing. There is nothing "selective" about this worthless job. They chose eager people that are willing to give ACE Marketing a chance and this gives the organization a chance to take advantage of them. There is a reason their poor excuse for a website is worryingly vague.

-The fact that any new comer stays more than three days is a testament to how great the leadership is at sales. Because the leadership has mastered the art of sales, they are great liars and deceivers. The "CEO" or more appropriately, the office manager, Ayush, is their captain. Watch as they talk about the "opportunity" to run your own office in just 5-6 months! In reality one of their "best" sales employees has been with ACE for over a year and is not even close to even being an assistant manager let alone running an office! They are the ultimate two-faced people that use persuasion to keep new people to stay long enough to make the company sales and then make every effort to not pay those new comers their commission. Talk to anyone that was with this "company" for a short period of time and they will tell you that they have not been paid for the sales they made. This is illegal since you sign a document guaranteeing they will pay you for your sales.

-Their "corporate trainers/leaders" are struggling to make even $350 a week before taxes. That's why none of them have cars and use new people to drive them places. You will often see them "close new clients" by telling them they are just getting a free ID and then unbeknownst to the "client" send them items that they will later have to pay for if they don't cancel in time. This is because many of them are desperate and just barely scraping by so they throw integrity out the window. They easily get demoted to Account Executive if they don't make quota. So please ignore the outright lie that these people posted in the "salary section" of Glassdoor that the average base salary for an Account Executive is $48k-$52k. Their corporate trainers are not making half of that on average because they too only make commission.

-There is absolutely no base salary. As an account executive you will be struggling to make $5 a day since these people don't plan on paying you a single dime if you don't stay for a long time. This is unethical since they promise in writing that you will get 30% commission for all sales you make. You will make more money sweeping the floor at McDonald's.

-Also as a sincere warning, please ignore the recent glowing reviews that they posted in Glassdoor. Most probably, the same 4-5 leadership people post all of the positive reviews so that their games don't get exposed and they come off as legitimate. They likely make multiple Glassdoor accounts so that they can make it seem like so many people have such great things to say. They have "team nights", "pizza nights" and "cool business trips to Miami, Dallas, and New York" to help with the scheme. They also do some high energy thing they call "atmosphere" to pretend that the job is fun and exciting. It's all a distraction from the fact that you will not be making any money but they will.

-Everything said just scratches the surface. As a final note prepare to have to pay for all travel expenses and for your food. They pay for nothing. You will not be paid for the training, which will last for a whole week, and there are no benefits. Because the vast majority of people leave quickly enough before serious damage is done, they often don't feel the need to write reviews online. If they did, organizations like this wouldn't last two weeks.

Advice to Management

Since you all like quoting eastern philosophers that are beyond your ability to understand, how about you fire yourselves and go discover how to be a decent human being. Otherwise, your meaningless "company" will end in shame like it deserves to. You will eventually be discovered for the things you do.

"Ace Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Team enviorment is great. Everyone is always striving to be the best and helping others to do the same.

Cons

Fast paced and it may not work for some. Self motovation is a mist to be successful.

"SCAM. PERIOD."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

Absolutely none but I have to fill the word minimum

Cons

Like I said, this is a scam, period. They lure everyone in saying the management has done extensive reviews of their qualifications and have selected them as the few candidates to compete for the position when in actuality they hire just about everyone who can walk and talk. They advertise the position as a marketing position but in fact it has nothing to do with marketing but all to do with door-to-door sales. You are given a territory in urban Philadelphia and many of the neighborhoods are nowhere you want to go past sunset, you are responsible for said territory and you patrol the area trying to make sales for the company. While they are hired by fortune 500 companies to do the bidding, it is completely bizarre for them to completely disregard the safety of their employees. Most of the employees in the office take trains to and from Philadelphia and the office and if you are the select few with a car, be ready to spend some miles and gas transporting your superiors around. Hours are horrendous, you get in at 9am for morning meeting, leave to do your sales and come back around 5-6pm after a long day of walking around. All COMMISSION based. Worse, they drown you with stories of successful people who climbed up the ladder of this pyramid scheme, totally not worth any college-educated minds.

"Collaboration, Enthusiastic & Friendly Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Great people , fun environment, enthusiastic coworkers, very motivating to come to work here everyday! Keep up the positive vibes & please continue Wing Night & Flag football

Cons

80s Music in the lobby!! Let's get more HipHop & current music. That's all!
    Fast paced for a few people but I like being challenged

Advice to Management

More Travel opportunities

"Love it!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Advertising and Charity Events Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere!! Great people!!! Very fun!!

Cons

No cons yet. Just fun place for motivated people.

Advice to Management

Love center city SIPS! Keep it going

"Former intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Advertising and Charity Events Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros to this job it's a scam

Cons

I worked for 3 days and couldn't take it any longer. Terrible working conditions in bad areas of Philadelphia. Was not paid minimum wage and the only pay was through signing people up with a tablet. Only 30% commission which is practically nothing. The bosses made me drive them around in my car and did not pay me for the fuel I used which was a lot. In fact I lost money while working at ace marketing. I didn't make a dime with this company. This company is a scam.

Advice to Management

Do not take advantage of interns and make them drive you around. Pay your employees hourly not by commission. And lastly face to face marketing is dead... Learn something and either telemarket or do something online