Advisor Group Reviews

Join the conversation on

Finance

47.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Advisor Group~1403632
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "workers will openly yell at managers about our low pay.(in 13 reviews)
  • "A lot of information can only be “heard through the grapevine” especially when employee's direct manager is at another location.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Thus, quick training and high expections for completion of the new document type is pushed constantly.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Advisor Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing

May 12, 2022 - IAM Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Promotes learning Engaging work

Cons

There were no downsides to working there

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Not Perfect, but Better than Many

Dec 15, 2021 - Financial Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

SagePoint is a large broker/dealer firm that offers support for financial advisors. Their tech platform needs some work, and I believe they are sincere about trying to implement a new improvements. The compliance department is thorough, and to advisors that are conscientious, this is an asset because it prevents problems for us in the long run. The people are genuine.

Cons

Tech can be glitchy. They nickel and dime advisors on fees, but that is not exclusive to this b/d; they all do it. Management sets expectations for themselves and systematically fails to meet every single goal. It is to the point where no one believes a word that is uttered at the annual conference. Advisors actually joke about it regularly.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunities in IT and EPMO fields

Mar 21, 2022 - Senior Program Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The hiring process can be slow but once onboarded, I was immediately empowered to contribute in meaningful ways. Management really listens and respects the experts. The politics are mild in comparison to most places. It’s a growing company so lots of opportunities to have influence and potential future advancement. Great group of folks. They tend to contract-to-hire and favor seasoned experts over cost saving newbie’s. Work from home is allowed and they provide the technology to make it possible. Benefits are good. Bonus is excellent. Great group of folks.

Cons

If you need order and predictability, this is not your spot. With growth comes disruption. And they have both! Collaboration skills are critical, as is being op n to shifting priorities. With that said, I’ve always felt I had a voice in course changes. The CEO’s vision is not clear, not clearly aligned to goals and budget.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Too much micromanagement

May 21, 2022 - Anonymous Former Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I guess having this job at that time allowed me to pay my bills so it was still a good job to have when you're in need.

Cons

I didn't like the feeling of not being trusted to do my own job. There was too much micromanagement here that I never felt that I had freedom to do my job independently without someone hovering over my shoulders. It wasn't a good feeling.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fast paced, leading the industry

May 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of growth at the company which brings with it opportunities to contribute in new ways. Exec team has a good strategy in place for the next several years. Great colleagues to work with as well. Benefits package is really good.

Cons

The pace can be dizzying at times.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

No incentive to keep valuable employees

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous PTO Provided education assistance for career advancement

Cons

Overworked and underpaid Insignificant max merit increase annually Short maternity leave Mediocre health insurance Cost of living is not factored into salary High turnover, often have to work double or triple the amount for months after another employee leaves.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Mar 29, 2022 - Executive Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started as a contractor and was offered to come on board full time. The AG recruiter was very kind and knowledgeable. The application and interview experience was quick and easy. Even though I began as a contractor I was welcomed warmly and was given the tools I need to do my job. I’ve had great training and the resources are abundant. Great benefits as well. My experience has been nothing but positive.

Cons

No cons to share from me.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Most disorganized and unethical places to work

Apr 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They cater food sometimes. Most non-managerial employees are nice and pleasant to work with.

Cons

Advisor Group is one of the most disorganized and unethical places to work. Everything they preach to you in orientation is a lie. Work Life Balance only exists for the management staff and executive. The pay is horrible and below any other company of the same business type. The moment you ask for a raise they tell you "what have you done to deserve it". I would advise anyone who is thinking about working here to apply elsewhere.

Advisor Group Response

CHRO

In alignment with our value of Do What’s Right. Always., employees have multiple options to report improper activity including reaching out to their manager, functional Executive leader, HR Business Partner, and have the option to report anonymously through AG’s Open Reporting Hotline (information available on the intranet). We are authentic and honest, even when it is hard, and we need the details from you to make it right.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Apr 8, 2022 - Sales Manager in Oakdale, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good Benefits -Flexible Work Arrangements -Competitive Pay

Cons

Too Many layers of decision making Behind on Technology upgrades

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Current Employee

Poor Sense of Direction, Great People

May 2, 2022 - Technical Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who really care and want to make the culture and product better

Cons

Upper management that makes short sided decisions and does not seem to value employee feedback. Also, everything is priority 1 so nothing is.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 225 Reviews

Advisor Group Reviews FAQs

Advisor Group has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 242 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Advisor Group to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Advisor Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Advisor Group. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

59% of Advisor Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Advisor Group 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Advisor Group to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Advisor Group Job Seekers