Advisor Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Advisor Group Chief Executive Officer Jamie Price
Jamie Price

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Advisor Group empowers its employees" (in 12 reviews)

• "My supervisor offers work/life balance and does not micro manage" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Time off is given but can be challenging to take time off, Which translation" (in 2 reviews)

• "Petty work environment- very clique centered" (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Advisor Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing work environment, great growth opportunities, and corporate culture. It feels somewhat "family- like", a comfortable, yet very professional culture here.

Management is very open to your feedback and is attentive to your needs. The work/life balance here is incredible.

Executive Leadership and CEO are extremely competent and get things done. They listen to employee ideas and opinions while implementing much of what is desired whenever possible.

The departments work together very well as a team.

Competitive salaries and benefits.

I love it here!

Cons

Raise the 401k match from its currently level.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work please! (Consider an increase of the 401k match).

2. "Marketing Specialist"

I have been working at Advisor Group full-time

Pros

My supervisor offers work/life balance and does not micro manage. The people I work with are friendly and want to see each other succeed. I am on the marketing team and it is fun and upbeat - our CMO challenges us to work hard and challenge the status quo. She remembers everyone by name and takes the time to build relationships. Within my first 3 months of being at Advisor Group I had already met the CEO which was exciting. We have an employee engagement committee that creates fun events at work and outside work so we can network and get to know everyone in the office. We only have 850 employees so the company is a good size. The work is fun, rewarding and challenging.

Cons

We have 4 offices throughout the U.S. so it is hard to get to know everyone on a more personal level.

3. "What's it worth to you?"

Current Employee - Operations in Oakdale, MN
    Current Employee - Operations in Oakdale, MN

I have been working at Advisor Group full-time

Pros

Frequent company events and complimentary breakfast/lunch. Friendly people. Optional work from home. Optional 1 hour lunch. So basically, you get paid way less but have friendly coworkers.

Cons

VERY LOW PAY. Little to no formal training in procedures or systems. Mandatory rotating schedule to include working later hours to cover the phone lines. Mandatory overtime regardless of whether or not there is actual work to do. Limited opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

With each new acquisition, you hire a bunch of new employees and contractors but nobody bothers to train them. So these new people get paid to do barely any work meanwhile legacy employees are required to work OT.

It's no surprise why you won't pay your employees competitive wages, you're wasting company funds on mandatory overtime while new employees and contractors do nothing.

4. "Revolving Door"

I worked at Advisor Group full-time

Pros

PTO policy, corporate events, great staff. Cool location. Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Underpaid for the area. $60,000 for a Compliance Examiner. Not a competitive salary. High turnover for this role. Left for significantly higher pay like most.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate salaries. Your talent will stay longer and not keep leaving for Schwab.

5. "Amazing people to work with!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Advisor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Advisor Group for a little over a year, and have yet to encounter anyone I don't enjoy working with. The leadership team works hard at sponsoring a culture of teamwork and it shows because not only do people here want to succeed, they want to see their coworkers succeed as well.

PTO and benefits here are great also, and managers are open to discussing employee growth.

Cons

Employee engagement seems kind of low, whether it's attendance for an event, participating in activities, etc. I think that's something management can help encourage.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage the breakdown of silos between departments. Inter-department teamwork seems great, but sometimes it can feel as if there is still a wall between other departments.

6. "Investment Associate"

I worked at Advisor Group full-time

Pros

Really nice team, most of the work I learned on the job

Cons

Work is a little repetitive and uninteresting. Didn't really learn much, alot of data entry and processing documents

7. "Honest Trailers - oh, sorry - Honest Reviews"

Current Employee - HRIS Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - HRIS Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Advisor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous time off. Generous uncapped bonus. Flexible work arrangement. Inspiring Chairman.

Cons

Work location is downtown, so the commute can be a draw back.
    Prepare to work to earn your stripes.

Advice to Management

Make a face to face contact with each employee at least once a year.

"No room for growth"

I have been working at Advisor Group full-time

Pros

they offer a generous time off policy

Cons

Their is no room for growth at this company. It's very top heavy management.

Advice to Management

Add more levels of processors. Add team leads and more supervisors. We don't need 2 directors for the same position.

Advisor Group Response

Dec 13, 2018 – VP, Human Resources

Thank you for providing your feedback and review. All of our positions are posted internally and accessible by all employees who may be interested in applying. At Advisor Group, our employees own... More

9. "Great place to work..."

Current Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Advisor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Promotion opportunities
    - Great benefits
    - Management cares

Cons

- Having to drive into Phoenix, traffic is terrible

Advice to Management

More work from home opportunities

10. "Great Organization, Falls Flat on Their Values"

I worked at Advisor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my job at Advisor Group very much. They pay was good, as was the work life balance. Benefits were so - so. Vacation was ample.

Cons

The Human Resources Department is tyrannical. The fear that senior HR leadership instills in employees is far from the values of integrity and teamwork the company pretends to promote. It is not a culture of trust.

Advisor Group Response

Nov 5, 2018 – VP, Human Resources

We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your job here. Our company is one where there is room for open and respectful dialogue to hold each other accountable for the positive culture and values we all... More