Advocate Aurora Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 398 reviews

3.7
Advocate Aurora Health CEO Jim Skogsbergh
Jim Skogsbergh
Pros
  • "Good benefits/facility/staff and organized(in 14 reviews)

• "Great team members to partner with who are intelligent, professional and dedicated(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Reimagining Health"

Current Employee - Vice President in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very forward thinking and innovative Co-CEOs lead with integrity and strong leadership Work life balance Work family Risk taking encouraged Not micromanaged Team approach Physician led governance

Cons

Multiple competing priorities requires delegation and reprioritization

Advice to Management

Continue to work with team members who are not meeting your expectations because everyone has potential!

Advocate Aurora Health2019-03-02

Advocate Aurora Health Response

March 12, 2019Social Media Specialist

Thank you for providing such a thoughtful review. We agree - there are a lot of priorities as a growing/changing healthcare organization, so we appreciate the strong leadership, flexibility of team members and willingness to innovate by all.

2. "Great place to be."

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, autonomy, company size, leadership

Cons

Red tape, crossfunctional collaboration lacks in certain areas, company size

Advice to Management

Continue providing honest, transparent communications. Keep staff informed, and keep doing great things.

Advocate Aurora Health2019-10-15
  3. "Overall, good place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Grafton, WI

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

Welcoming orientation process, lots of organization (from aids like checklists to designated learning days and educators), supportive coworkers, everyone is encouraged to speak up if they can think of a better way to do things, everyone is encouraged to continue education/learning

Cons

Too many learning modules/not enough time to do them, lots of paperwork, not always as organized as hoped (checklists don't help if educators/preceptors only use them sometimes), super big company can feel a bit overwhelming to understand

Advice to Management

Generally, keep it up! There seems to be a culture of constant improvement, and I think that's good!

Advocate Aurora Health2019-10-16
  4. "N/A"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Park Ridge, IL

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time

Pros

Everyone works as a team.

Cons

Nothing to report at this time.

Advice to Management

More pay for entry level position.

5. "Education"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

good professional advancement and constant continuing educ

Cons

A lot of paperworks

Advice to Management

Not sure yet just started with advocate

Advocate Aurora Health2019-10-15
  6. "Excellent Place to work"

Current Employee - Certified Medical Assistant

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family like atmosphere, friendly work environment, flexible hours to fit work life balance.

Cons

Some late nights and weekends

7. "It is a great job."

Current Employee - Chaplain in Oak Lawn, IL

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work with a great team and I meet so many families that is in need of love, understanding, compassion and presence.

Cons

Some of the training was not helpful. I did experience some software and computer issues that did get resolved but cause some anxiety on my end. I did not receive my first check until almost a month later after it was mailed to me.

Advice to Management

When introducing new software programs for all employees to use, modules should be used to train you navigate through the entire program. Prompts should be in place that will not allow you to advance to the next level. I can usually learn a new program in a day if it is explained to me.

Advocate Aurora Health2019-10-15
  8. "First 90 days of employment at Advocate Aurora Health"

Current Employee - Cetfid Medical Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

From my first 90 days of being employed with advocate health care, I've come across very friendly staff and team members. All whom are very helpful and are there to answer any questions that you may have. Each clinical team member and PSR is there to help you and guide you.

Cons

I've come across some things that I have noticed that could work better in my clinic and with Advocate generally speaking. Better communication with clinical staff and nurses. Making sure that every one is on the same page with patients. PSRs need to communicate with the clinical staff when it comes to checking insurances and making sure insurance is correct and active. If a patient is passed the 15 min mark... patient should be marked as a NO SHOW in less the Physicians say otherwise. Lastly making sure exams rooms are stocked at ALL TIMES.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to make sure PSRs are all on the same page as well as the clinical staff (CMAs and Nurses). If there is any issues in the clinic amongst staff or patients they should be addressed immediately.

9. "Leadership Onboarding"

Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

they spend a lot of time on their leaders they are consistent with their message check in on new leadership is timely and beneficial

Cons

Pace of process - not bad but being new, I'd like more time to strengthen

Advice to Management

this is perfectly paced for persons familiar with the Advocate Aurora leadership culture and expectations, I would have liked a little more time to absorb the information and apply with more confidence

Advocate Aurora Health2019-10-14
  10. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours, many opportunities, organized, great team work,

Cons

training is fast, but answers any questions one may have, if no one can work your weekend, it is hard to request off weekends

Advocate Aurora Health2019-10-14