Advocate Aurora Health "great team" Reviews | Glassdoor

Advocate Aurora Health Employee Reviews about "great team"

Updated Oct 15, 2019

3.7
Advocate Aurora Health CEO Jim Skogsbergh
Jim Skogsbergh
Pros
  • "Good benefits/facility/staff and organized(in 18 reviews)

• "Great team members to partner with who are intelligent, professional and dedicated(in 15 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "great team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "It is a great job."

Current Employee - Chaplain in Oak Lawn, IL

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work with a great team and I meet so many families that is in need of love, understanding, compassion and presence.

Cons

Some of the training was not helpful. I did experience some software and computer issues that did get resolved but cause some anxiety on my end. I did not receive my first check until almost a month later after it was mailed to me.

Advice to Management

When introducing new software programs for all employees to use, modules should be used to train you navigate through the entire program. Prompts should be in place that will not allow you to advance to the next level. I can usually learn a new program in a day if it is explained to me.

Advocate Aurora Health2019-10-15
  2. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible hours, many opportunities, organized, great team work,

Cons

training is fast, but answers any questions one may have, if no one can work your weekend, it is hard to request off weekends

Advocate Aurora Health2019-10-14
  3. "Overall good place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Oak Lawn, IL

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team work. Majority of employees come together and work as a team no matter department/area you work in. Very helpful.

Cons

Short staffed. Majority of the responsibility is put on floor nurses and and very little on nursing aides.

Advocate Aurora Health2019-07-14
  4. "Nurses deserve better"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nurses are a great team!

Cons

Nurses have too much responsibility.

Advice to Management

The hospital is gaining a reputation for budget at the expense of employee satisfaction. Please consider Improving the nursing workflow by better managing staffing. For example, hire more clerical staff to assist with clerical functions involving discharge and staff PCA's in anticipation of patient sitter needs that begins in the ED. Enforce physician to physician collaboration about patient care and planning. ... Provide nurses with holiday pay even if they are not staffed to work on the holiday. Last provide your hardworking staff with small perks that go a long way, for example, a cafeteria discount of 15-25%. Just a few thoughts.

Advocate Aurora Health2019-07-23

"Points to improve"

Current Employee - PSR in Fond du Lac, WI

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team of co-workers; nice environment; Easy to find help

Cons

Hard to get paid time off; Chaotic Management

Advocate Aurora Health2019-05-01
  6. "AdvocateAurora is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love working remotely and independently in a collaborative, transparent culture where your input counts. Great team members to partner with who are intelligent, professional and dedicated.

Cons

Would like to see more recognition of outstanding employees at meetings and throughout the system as management is not always aware of the accomplishments of the individuals nor do they take the time to be aware.

Advice to Management

Have employee recognition programs in place to reward dedicated team members who go the extra mile to make a difference. Create "career pathing" for all positions in the Recruitment department.

Advocate Aurora Health2019-03-18
  7. "Great Experiance"

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

great team to work with

Cons

no follow through on change

Advocate Aurora Health2019-03-20
  8. "Great People"

Current Employee - Pre Service Specialist

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Team and Amazing Bosses

Cons

Corporate needs to uphold their motto

Advocate Aurora Health2019-02-05
  9. "Public safety officer II"

Current Employee - Officer II in Oak Lawn, IL

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team, excellent leadership and people willing to go the extra mile. The leaders trust their officers to do their jobs and make decisions, & take input from the front line staff seriously and we all play a part in the decision making. The training is top-notch, there is a ton of experience in the department and there is a lot of room for advancement having so many hospitals in the system. Leaders who... actually care and listen and lead a team, good comradery and the working relationship between all of the clinical units is unreal! A great Department, quality high-end equipment to do your job and your team and managers always have your back.

Cons

The pay could be better. yes we're not a sworn police department, but we operate like one and handle the same types of calls. I get it we can't be paid like a municipal department, but there needs to be a happy medium with the work and environment that is required and for better retention.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! If we could get the pay bumped up a few more bucks an hour that would keep people there for the Long haul and really make this a world-class Department, the pay needs to match the expectations and operations.

Advocate Aurora Health2018-12-26
  10. "CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Advocate Aurora Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

-great team atmosphere -great benifits -98% of the employees are incredible

Cons

Maybe the location... it's not in the best part of town, but so far, I've never felt unsafe.

Advocate Aurora Health2018-12-18