Adyen Reviews

4.3
Adyen Co-Founder and CEO Pieter van der Does
Pieter van der Does
Pros
Cons
  • "fixed career paths(in 8 reviews)

• "Its not a disadvantage if you work from Amsterdam if you want to become something(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Virtually amazing."

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Adyen full-time

Pros

Great people, great product, put employees first.

Cons

You can re-create the Adyen energy in a remote world, but we're trying quite hard.

2. COVID-19

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adyen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and work environment. Lots of freedom to pursue projects of interest. A lot of former self-employed folks/entrepreneurs do very well here. During non-COVID times, there's a lot of opportunity to travel to awesome locations all across the globe.

Cons

Steep learning curve if you're new to the industry and rapid growth have caused some new growing pains, but this is the case with any company as it grows. COVID has taken away from a lot of the perks around travel. There isn't any form of stock based incentives/comp that's common in many other Bay Area companies.

3. "Great Company, Great Culture, Great Product"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Adyen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic company culture, a lot of autonomy, and tons of growth opportunities

Cons

There are a number of silos within the company and sometimes seems fragmented. This is something that is actively being worked on.

4. "Great company, great culture, great people"

I have been working at Adyen full-time

Pros

Independence, create your own path,

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging

5. "great company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Adyen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of freedom, superior product, awesome company.

Cons

Only for people that can handle freedom.

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Underwriting Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adyen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and people. Very collaborative - people are able to create their own paths and work on different projects.

Cons

Only downside is compensation, as it's a bit on the lower end. But lots of company perks.

"A place to Surive NOT Thrive or Flourish"

2.0
    Former Employee - Commercial in Glendora, CA

I worked at Adyen full-time

Pros

A simple rule - Either be boss's pet or the one who barks a lot without any deliverables. Both the characteristics will ensure your survival in the company and will be applauded too

Cons

Highly political with senior management have no prior people management experience Their platform is lacking way behind the competitors in terms of solutions and capabilities and yet they don't bother Lack of initiatives, energy and attitude to get things done Adyen formula is completely misinterpreted and is used to personal attacks which makes it highly unprofessional environments Average minds to work with and so is the mindset internally. It will make your learning curve staggering and boring too

8. COVID-19

"Strong, engaging culture. Truly global company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adyen full-time

Pros

High trust, high empowerment work culture. Look up the Adyen Formula, it makes for a great company culture. I'm treated like an adult and trusted to do my job when/how I see fit. Minimal management layer means high transparency and plenty to do for everyone. No micromanaging, everyone is too busy for that. No noticeable politicking, clean org structure with transparent ownership. Company is truly global, not siloed across the globe. All of us regularly work with colleagues in other regions, and, in non-Covid times, we are encouraged to travel frequently to see international colleagues.

Cons

This is a Pro for me, but could be a Con for others: High degree of personal responsibility for everyone -- being as flat of an org as we are means there aren't places to hide. It's clear what you own and if you're doing it well. Adyen doesn't seek to be best-in-class for pay. Few roles get year-end bonuses.

"Culture Culture Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Adyen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Adyen's emphasis on maintaining its culture of global collaboration and an entrepreneurial spirit is borderline obsessive. This is a good thing, as the people here are genuinely nice people, talented and enthusiastic about the what the company is doing in the payment space.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is the lack of a stock option plan for employees (but comp is generally fair).

10. COVID-19

"International and fast-paced, fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adyen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-tons of opportunity to travel (outside of COVID obviously!) -amazing group of people who really enjoy working together -have always felt like i can pick and choose how i spend my days as long as my projects have tangible business impact -a lot of energy working across teams -while we have a lot of new managers who need to gain experience, in general managers care about their teams and are there as a resource -feels like somewhere i can grow a career (even without switching teams i see my role fundamentally evolve year over year)

Cons

-working across cultures and timezones is always tricky and can be draining on your personal life if you don't set boundaries -security is a top priority so it limits what internal tools we can use (not a huge con but more of an annoyance)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 English Reviews