Aegion Reviews | Glassdoor

Charles R. Gordon

1. "Estimator"

Former Employee - Estimator in De Witt, NY
    Former Employee - Estimator in De Witt, NY

I worked at Aegion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work and life balance

Cons

Minimal Advancement opportunities outside of moving to St. Louis./

"No vision"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Aegion (More than 3 years)

Pros

Publicly traded company. Leader in pipe lining.

Cons

Very litigious. Not an employee friendly company. Lacks vision and execution discipline.

"Worst office politics ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Aegion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can recall

Cons

No teamwork
    Everyone out to get everyone else
    HR were the worst offenders
    Lack of support from upper management when asking for assistance

Advice to Management

Stop encouraging this behavior and get rid of the people you know that are creating this environment

5. "Deceiving Company"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in Nashville, TN

I worked at Aegion (Less than a year)

Pros

I received adequate pay for my experience.

Cons

I was told I would be working within a 4 hour radius of my home and would always be home on weekends when working projects out of town. After just one month I was told we would be going to Louisiana to work from my home in Tennessee. This is FAR from 4 hours from my home! Also, there was no clear way of knowing how many hours I was being paid for week after week. I was at my foreman's mercy hoping he was turning in all my overtime correctly. I was required to take many tests and safety courses prior to going to work. But when I started on the job site I was told they did not do the things they were taught in the safety courses. We were not provided with any kind of protection when working in rough neighborhoods and were approached and threatened by drug users. Also, we did not have adequate equipment to work with. We had no lighting after dark and were required to use our own cellphones for lighting. I felt there was very poor communication also about when I would be getting off work every day. I was very unhappy with this company. I quit after just 5 weeks. I worked for the Aegion subsidiary of Insituform, Inc.

Advice to Management

Go out on your jobsites and see how the jobs are being done and what equipment is needed but lacking. Provide your employees with proper lights and equipment for their safety. Instead of requiring employees to manhandle very heavy equipment, provide them with a way of moving things with a motorized utility vehicle or carts. This will save the company on future workers compensation losses due to back injuries, etc. Supervisors should know their safety training is not being carried out on jobsites. Furthermore, employees should be informed they have someone to turn to with these issues, rather than feeling they have no recourse so they just quit. I was told they have a very high turnover of employees and it was not surprising to me at all. Last, do not lie or deceive new employees about always working close enough to home to be home with their family on weekends if that is not the case at all.

6. "Great company atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aegion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at Aegion is friendly and sincere. Everyone genuinely looks to collaborate and help, even though everyone is extremely busy

Cons

The company has been through several acquisitions over the years, and Aegion hasn't fully integrated some of these businesses into a single homogeneous company. This makes life difficult for those employees working across multiple BUs.

Advice to Management

An homogeneous company culture is necessary for the long-term transformation of the business. The best change in 2015 has been the incorporation of new company values, which in my opinion would help solidify the company's culture.

7. "Mixed Bag"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at Aegion full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growing company with many opportunities.

Cons

Becoming a company based on personality and smoozing rather than quality of work.

8. "Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Contractor in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Contractor in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Aegion full-time

Pros

Great Atmosphere! Fantastic company. Relaxed work environment. It's a great place to work. Everyone is very helpful, caring and everyone works as a team. That's why this company is successful!

Cons

I really haven't found anything negative about the company. They may be outgrowing their current office space and may to move.

Advice to Management

Management if fantastic! My manager is very supportive and helps in any way she can. She truly has an open door policy and will do everything she can to help. She has gone above and beyond for me and has been one of the best Managers I have worked with over the years

9. "This job was the worse job I ever had."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Aegion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's hard to come up with some pros, but the company was recently purchased by Aegion Corp and is in flux. Once the corporate culture shifts, there may be some opportunities for growth.

Cons

A lot of expectations without a lot of direction. They are trying to shift the culture without much success. Most people seem unhappy with the company.

10. "Great"

Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Staff Auditor in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at Aegion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Did not know anyone, yet still received an interview and was offered the position.

Cons

No serious problem that would discourage me from working here

11. "Positive leadership and corporate values"

I have been working at Aegion full-time

Pros

Leadership, team, great technology that serves the public good across the world, always striving to be better

Cons

Right hand and left hand not in sync sometimes. Integration of procedures and processes across all divisions.

Advice to Management

Need internship program for future growth. Better on boarding.