Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This is an employee first company that goes the extra mile to care for those in our work force with personal or family issues" (in 18 reviews)

• "Most notably, the culture of Aegis is second to none" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay for care managers is low but there are opportunities for growth in that field to become directors and managers" (in 20 reviews)

• "There are no cons as far as I'm concerned" (in 16 reviews)

"Fantastic"

Former Employee - Cook in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Cook in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cheering, Supportive management at all levels

Cons

Teamwork sometime is a challenge

Advice to Management

They have to put stuff together no matter what.

"Attitude of Gratitude"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm the Associate Care Director at Aegis of Redmond. Not to be confused with Aegis at Marymoor "in" Redmond.(Although all of our communities have the same Integrity and Values). It's been a privilege to work for this company for 5 years now. We have a caring GM that has the gift of seeing our unique talents and utilizing them for good. I have amazing coworkers from all backgrounds demographically and geographically, but united by the companies motto,"We Make People's Lives better." When we go to sleep at night, we do so in peace, knowing, that we love those in our care, with all our hearts everyday. As caregivers we give to others everyday with our service, but in actuality, we get so much more in return from those we care for. Our "Passion" for this work truly comes from within.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but everyday is different because we are in the business of caring for people and meeting them wherever the are from moment to moment. This causes us to be creative, supportive and kind, because you never know what your day is going to look like....but that's the fun of it.

Advice to Management

What you're doing is working. You set the standard of loving people. Our Home office at the top, all the way to everyone of us on the front lines, are supportive caring people, which causes a wonderful "Ripple Effect."

3. "Great culture and lots of growth!"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the culture of compassion and the dedication to making a Wow experience for residents part of the daily tasks. It allows us to be really creative and the joy on the faces of the seniors is amazing. Benefits are solid and I work with people who really care.

Cons

New communities are being in built in Seattle and the Eastside and California. Public transportation makes working there a bit easier, but parking can be a little tough in some locations.

Advice to Management

none

4. "Positive Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive Management, room to move up in company, passionate people, great residents to work with.

Cons

lower pay for some employees

"care manager"

Former Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some really great coworkers and residents

Cons

constant internal bickering and low pay

Advice to Management

pay the employees more!

Aegis Living Response

Aug 24, 2018 – Aegis Living

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a completely positive experience working at Aegis Living in Kirkland. We are always open to hear comments from our employees. I would be happy to speak... More

"I Feel Like I Won the Job Lottery"

Current Employee - Medication Technician in West Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Medication Technician in West Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture. I paired up with my General Manager for our introductory get-to-know-you exercise and part of what he told me was "I love people. I finally have a job where loving people is okay." I have never felt so empowered and supported as I do at Aegis.

I have been in SO many organizations with inspirational mission statements and execution... not so much. Aegis walks the talk.

Aegis supports employees' growth. Management actively seeks ways to let employees learn and advance.

Excellent resident care ratios allow us to provide the best care to residents without cutting corners.

My coworkers are just amazing. Caring, smart, supportive and sharing. I'm already learning some Amharic. It's nurturing to be with a group of people who all care deeply about the work we do together.

Gourmet meals for $1.

Gorgeous environment. Aesthetically beautiful, spacious, and immaculate community.

Management is funny, kind, supportive.

Cons

I had to wrack my brain to try to find the cons. I can think of only this: if I don't succeed at Aegis, it is all down to me. Aegis is giving me total support at all levels to lead my dream of loving service.

Advice to Management

Never stop doing what you are doing. Sending home office bigwigs to teach at Aegis Academy made me feel valued and respected. The focus on the resident, quality improvement and the "inverse pyramid" servant leader model is so inspiring.

7. "Employee satisfied"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good camaraderie of staff , Well trained staff , a diverse place to work.

Cons

A long drive from home.

Advice to Management

Be vigilant who are your strong workers and those who comes to work just to get paid , we have a lot of those.

8. "Care Manager"

I worked at Aegis Living part-time

Pros

Clean facilities, reliable co-workers, learning opportunities

Cons

Difficult at times, could use additional staffing

"It really depends"

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good industry to be in at this time
    $1 meal
    More interesting things going on comparing with typical office environment
    Most people choose to work here because they care

Cons

I wouldn't say it's a bad company but if you think it's the best company to work for just based on the good reviews here, you may be disappointed. Remember the company has a corporate office and many communities. Your work environment and experience can vary significantly by the community and the leadership there. Some are excellent but some deserve one star. While it is indeed meaningful work, keep in mind this is a for profit company and making money is the priority, not necessarily employees or residents. Keep your eyes open before you jump onboard.

Advice to Management

Be alerted if a community has unusually high turnover. It's costly, but more importantly, it hurts the morale, reputation, and makes you lose some very good employees. Focus too much on profit, you will lose your good employees and lose money in the long run. Focus on your employees, you will gain their hearts and the profit eventually.

Aegis Living Response

Jul 26, 2018 – Aegis Living

I appreciate your feedback, and am happy that you found some value in the Aegis employment offering. However, your concerns are my concerns. Turnover has been an ongoing focus for Aegis Living for... More

"Aegis in need of serious help"

Current Employee - Associate Care Director in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice residents, nice communities, good food.

Cons

Poor management, unorganized, poor training.

Advice to Management

Train your new employees with a better process.