Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 24 reviews)

• We truly care so much for our residents and families and try and give them the best care possible (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay for care managers is low but there are opportunities for growth in that field to become directors and managers (in 20 reviews)

• No cons have been presented at this time (in 15 reviews)

1. "Aegis, second to none..."

Former Employee - General Manager in Dana Point, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dana Point, CA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aegis Living is a residents outcome, employee focused company...

Cons

I am no aware of any cons relating to Aegis Living.

2. "Field maintenance specialist"

Current Employee - Field Maintenance Specialist in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Field Maintenance Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Still excited and happy to go to work in the morning after 7 years.
    Awesome company and awesome coworkers.

Cons

Not unhappy with anything at all.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do.

3. "Growth opportunity in a great work environment"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company continues to expand adding employment opportunities for over 250 people a year. This also allows growth for the individuals currently working at Aegis. Positive corporate attitude, geared to employee satisfaction.

Cons

Assisted living is not an easy job, but on the positive side it is a very rewarding and meaningful profession.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on the employee to make his job more rewarding.

4. "Home Office Employee"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great teammates and managers allow for individual and team success. Focus is rightly centered on our residents, family and staff.

Cons

No 401k match for employees.

5. "Love my team"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

It's so great to come back from the holidays and not be depressed to return to work.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making Aegis a fun and relaxed professional atmosphere.

6. "Hey How about what was promised?"

I worked at Aegis Living part-time

Pros

The resisidents are all amazing (though moody at times) I worked at the front desk and everyone there was sweet. their families(with one or two exceptions) were amazing as well.

Management there is underrated, they are all awesome and even if you could not get into your manager the general manager would help you(even in a bathroom break situation.) Co-Workers were awesome, you definitely got the sense that you were all in it together.

Community was beautiful and peaceful (barring emergency).

Cons

"$1.00 Meals!" yes if the cooks are in a good enough mood to give you a meal.

"Part time" Yes 10 hours a week right before the holidays is part time...but seriously.

"Try another department." so fun fact I have a semi disability and need to avoid physical exertions, Their solution to my cut hours...physical labor...YEAH...no.

"Sick time" this... this is diusgusting, you know that sick time that you worked into, you invested in, even just 7 hours that hey you earned. Then you resign because your hours were cut and was advised not to use them because "It pay out either way." What a load. No they don't, they keep it and have affectively tricked you out of something you paid into, something that you worked for, that you ASKED about BEFORE you left and were told you would get it, nope all theirs hey one less thing to pay right. lets say you got 14 an hour and you had 7 hours, that is 108 dollars that you will never see, no matter how bad you need it.

also we are not a family, the location is but in the coorperation, you are someone to avoid giving benefits to, 401k and even the sick time THAT YOU EARNED. The only reason there is two stars is the people in the community, if you wanna work with great people go for it, but long term....run.

Advice to Management

Don't take something that someone worked for. Pay attention to how you "cutting hours." Is affecting us little people, and take care of your managers, they are literally some of the few redeeming things here.

Aegis Living Response

Jan 15, 2018 – Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. It is heartwarming to read your comments regarding our residents and staff at the community. I am sorry you feel you were treated unfairly... More

7. "Aegis Living of Aptos 2017"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working here! They are very flexible with my schedule when I need adjustments due to personal reasons. Get great raises and bonuses, plus a paid appreciation day. My managers are easy to talk to and listen to my concerns whenever I may have any. I enjoy working here because we have a great staff and wonderful residents. I have been working 2 years with this company and hope to be here for many more years to come.

Cons

I can't think of any cons right at this moment. Everything is great so far.

8. "Care Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

nice crew good ambient respectful managment

Cons

would like a better salary

Advice to Management

none i like how it is very happy to work here

9. "Caremanager"

Current Employee - Caremager Lead in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Caremager Lead in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All staff is very caring towards resident and in many occasions they go above and beyond to help everyone be happy. Its evident that staff really care about residents well being and enjoying daily activities. In my opinion the residents well being and Happiness is the most important thing in an assisted living facilty and Aegis delivers Managers are very flexible and understanding off employees personal situations. Over all a great place to work.

Cons

Being a cargiver in general could be at times very stressfull but if you have the patients and qualities it takes, Aegis is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. "Aegis of Aptos"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

Aegis is a great company to work for. If you want to grow with the company you can. There is a lot of room for advancement. If you are a hard worker and committed to the Aegis values, you have the opportunity for advancement. For those that see the cup half full and appreciate everything Aegis has to offer, opportunity abounds.

Cons

There are a few, as in every job/company that see the cup half empty and are complainers. Fortunately there are less of these folks and a lot of more employees with an I can do attitude.

Advice to Management

Aegis of Aptos is the best!