Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 25 reviews)

• Our leadership is committed to the importance of valuing co-workers , residents and families alike (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Too low of pay for care managers (in 20 reviews)

• No cons but it is very sad when residents pass away (in 14 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They work with your schedule, offer benefits for part time employees, you usually have a set schedule, they do fun family activities for workers and their families a few times a year.

Cons

Work every weekend (unless you are lucky and get a schedule without weekends), 45 minute unpaid breaks, they count office staff in the ratio for workers/residents which means the workers on the floor are technically understaffed. (this is new and hopefully will not last long first time in 3 years that they have done this)

Advice to Management

Go back to 30 minute unpaid breaks and do not count break time against hours worked to qualify for benefits.

Apr 18, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I want to first reassure you that our staffing levels meet and often exceed state guidelines. When we look at staffing schedules, we do not ... More

2. "Wellness Nurse"

Current Employee - Wellness Nurse in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Wellness Nurse in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are friendly, very diverse, we have a great HSD and it appears that managers care about staff as well as residents. Flexibility is a big plus, especially living in a bad traffic area like Seattle/Puget Sound. Any little hiccup in traffic can make you late in this area. It's like being in LA or SFO.

Cons

Sad to see residents transition or move on to other places. Very sad to see favorite managers get moved, but always hoping for the best when new ones come on.

Advice to Management

Please consider paying better and maybe allowing 8-10-12 shifts when possible.

3. "Love my co-workers"

Current Employee - Wellness Nurse in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Wellness Nurse in Kent, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am doing what I love. I provide care to residents who really appreciate me.
    Paging system is helpful in keeping residents safe.
    Many of the residents have involved family members.
    The marketing team and resident care directors are upbeat.
    The activities team is very inclusive and always looking for ways to spark moments of joy.
    We are frequently awarded gift card bonuses at staff meetings and during the holidays.

Cons

It takes time to get to know each patient.
    The pay is less than average.
    Resident meals are average.

Advice to Management

Keep the residents physically active with more outings.

5. "Home Away from Home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is such a good, cozy, warm vibe in the building. I really enjoy coming to work each day. The residents help to make my job worthwhile. This is a real feel-good job. Not many people can say that they love what they do, but I can. The staff and residents all feel like my home away from home.

Cons

I enjoy what I do that it is hard for me to pull away when it's time to leave for the day.

6. "Art Therapist"

Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company treats employees very well.

Cons

Small budget for such a "large company".

7. "Care Director"

Current Employee - Resident Care Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Resident Care Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth and stability. Very cheap employee meals.

Cons

Schedule keeps changing all the time and there is no education support. Retention rate is very low and morale can be low at times.

Advice to Management

Add education support programs for staff

Jan 13, 2017 – Aegis Living

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. If you have questions or concerns about training or benefits please take the opportunity to speak with your General Manager or VP of Operations. We are ... More

8. "Great work environment but little pay."

Former Employee - Care Manager in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Issaquah, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hires some of the post caring and positive employees. Lots of training g offered and room for advancement. Property I worked at had lots of animails on property, which the residents loved.

Cons

Wages are way too low for the area. You are taking care of minimum 14 residents. That less than $1 an hour per resident.

Jan 13, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Aegis. Feedback from current and former employees helps Aegis Living to continue improving. We're glad to hear your experience was ... More

9. "Always room for improvement, yet so far the best company I've been with"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing and proactive management team who cares, listens, and helps employees. Most coworkers are friendly, some are even passionate and love what they do. Positive working environment is always a plus. High turn over rate is typical in this line of job, but they are working hard to address this issue. Great company to work for, especially at Bellevue location. Already advertise this company to any of my friends who are looking for job. Even come to work on my day off to hang out, that is how much I love this place and its people.

Cons

I had a chance to work with amazing people who cared so much about the residents. I feel like there should be a system to let employees to nominate or just give out kudos to those, it would be great. Some great work or dedication was not recognized simply because the management team cannot be there the whole time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work that you guys are doing.Just amazing and positive working environment. Just the tiny change to the system, recognize more hard-work!

Dec 13, 2016 – Aegis Living

Thank you for sharing your feedback about working at Aegis Living. We're happy to hear that you have had a good experience your first year. We will work hard to continue providing you with a ... More

10. "SVP Development and Construction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture of the company is extraordinary. Every body I have met has a common goal, which is to serve and support other staff members and provide our residents with excellent care.
    Aegis encourages going beyond what is requested from our jobs by giving certain autonomy to all associates.

Cons

The care industry doesn't compensate the line staff very well. Aegis probably does a better job than the average company, but needs to stay competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture!

11. "Lead Care manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Opportunities, good benefactors. And closet home

Cons

Parking lot not great needs more parking