Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 25 reviews)

• We truly care so much for our residents and families and try and give them the best care possible (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Too low of pay for care managers (in 19 reviews)

• No cons but it is very sad when residents pass away (in 14 reviews)

1. "Excellent work environment"

I worked at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

This position offered much room for growth, support and variation in duties. It was one of my favorite positions, and I would have stayed if I had not pursued an entirely different career path.

Cons

The pay was mediocre. The benefits and work environment made up for it.

Oct 18, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your time at Aegis Living. We're happy to hear that you had such a positive experience. We hope you are finding success in your new career path.

2. "Great work environment and collegues"

Current Employee - Maintenance Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Maintenance Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with Debra since June. Debra applied strong interpersonal and communication capabilities in working with wide range personal at all levels to gain valuable insight, avoid potential problems, and facilitate the timely completion of projects. Manage multiple projects is not easy task, she effectively uses an empowering, participatory management style that encourages accountability, teamwork and the continuous improvement of desired results. Ms. Moore demonstrates strengths in managing diverse job processes, building and maintaining relationships throughout an organization, motivating staff and colleagues. Handle pressure situation and working under it making complication in job environment for some individuals. So please before you judge someone take into your consideration how much that Ms. Moore puts efforts and maintain self control and work as effectively as possible with range of different departments and customers.

Cons

You attached so much to residents, it is difficult when they gone

3. "Continues to impress"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I see that Aegis continue to try and improve the culture and quality of the lives of it's team members. each year the benefits are reviewed and adjusted reacting to the needs and wants of the team. personally I have been given several opportunities to grow within the company. transferred / promoted to three communities in the last six years. Senior management listens and supports me in each of these changes, allowing me to stretch and grow within the company.

Cons

Really none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Continue the great work! I love the constant improvements and commitment to the team.

4. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I just love all of my fellow employees and management. We are all coming together as a team. We truly care so much for our residents and families and try and give them the best care possible. Aegis is wonderful and I am so happy to have found my calling. Feeling very blessed for the opportunities I have been given. Thank You Aegis!!!!

Cons

-Loosing a resident is difficult.
    -Always wishing you could do more.
    -Pay is low
    -Not enough hours in the day

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, we appreciate Aegis and all you do for us! We have had to make many changes but I believe they are all for the best.

5. "Great!!! Very flexible"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Granada Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Granada Hills, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've working at ageis of Granada hills for a while now and I love it they always work with my schedule even at last minute and they're very supportive of your dreams and going to school. Brittany the Care Director is very understanding.

Cons

Minimum wage that's about it staff is great and management is great. I love the residents and activities. There's something new everyday

Advice to Management

No advice their awesome

Oct 2, 2017 – Aegis Living

We appreciate you sharing your experience working at Aegis of Granada Hills. It's employees like you that make Aegis Living one of the best work places. Thank you for the care and support your... More

"Best job i ever had"

Current Employee - Server in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Server in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Aegis really cares about there residents and workers.

Cons

Would like a set schedule

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. They care and it shows.

"Amazing company to work hard for!"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about this company; from management to their leadership, the company's culture and philosophies about respecting one another not only encompasses between employee relations but, mirrors how they treat their residents (clients). It reflects my very own personal values as a person and a citizen of society.

They genuinely care about their residents (clients) and who they are because I witness this first hand since I started. Aegis Living has a high level of integrity and respect that they show for every resident and employee. There is always a story to tell. I feel so blessed to be working for such a great company. The only sad part is that I just started and I am one of the young ones, one day my boss, the CEO, all the executives I have come to love and know will have to retire or pass on. It's a reality that we can not escape. I plan on working till I am like 60 here if all goes well so I know one day I will look around the company and the faces won't be the same anymore. I am starting to learn more and more about the residents, their stories and befriending many of them. It's going to be hard when the day comes and I won't get to see everyone's smiles anymore.

One thing I have learned from working at Aegis Living is that life is too short. We must make use of our days down to the very last minute and seconds. There is no time to waste and to cherish the journey along the way. I love it here!

Also great co-workers! Always willing to lend a hand!!! And I have the best immediate boss in the world!!!! and a great CEO!!!

I took less to join but, I gained so much more already. =)

Cons

I can't think of any! anyone who is not working at Aegis Living is missing out!

Advice to Management

I can't think of any!

Sep 4, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your great comments. What everyone needs to realize is that a great culture doesn't live in one person or even a group of people , it lives in the entire company. And by the way, I'm not... More

8. "I am IN!"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From a distance, I admired Aegis and spoke to many people for two years prior to making the career move to join this company. The culture, the mission and the joy that I felt volunteering in communities and being part of events gave me the desire to be a permanent part of it. After 4 months of employment, I am relieved to say that I made one of the best decisions I could have ever made by joining the team at Bellevue. Serving others and being a part of an organization that continues to care and enrich the lives of our residents has brought me true job satisfaction. I have the best team, management and outlook on my future with Aegis. I am honored to be part of something so meaningful and fulfilling!

Cons

There is some room for improvement in benefits and vacation time. Not much more than that, it really is an excellent company to work for.

Advice to Management

Work to streamline processes and procedures between community and home office

9. "Aegis Redmond Cares"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

warm loving environment, happy delightful staff. Best residents and family members. Love my new location

Cons

Not enough hours in the day

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

10. "Health Services Director"

Current Employee - HSD in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - HSD in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very supportive environment, and less stress than many other employers!

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!