Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 23 reviews)

• Our leadership is committed to the importance of valuing co-workers , residents and families alike (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Too low of pay for care managers (in 19 reviews)

• No cons but it is very sad when residents pass away (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Second Home"

Pros

I have worked at Aegis for over 3 years and I have been fortunate to find a place where I can be myself and do what I love most in the world, brighten and enrich the lives of our residents . Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles. I do not have any family near by, so the residents and Aegis are a second home to me. I spend almost every holiday at Aegis, and there is no where else I would rather be than surrounded by my Best Friends.

Cons

Working at Aegis gives you the opportunity to love and care for so many residents. However, when a resident passes, it feels like you have lost a family member or your closet friend. But I remind myself that I was able to offer love and friendship to these residents through the last years of their life and that gives me peace.

Aug 27, 2016 – CEO

Thank you so much for your hardwork and dedication! We are honored you are part of Aegis Family! Dwayne Clark...Founder/ Chairman/ CEO

"Positive in Redmond"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Aegis of Redmond for years. I've seen co-workers come and go, for various reasons, and lost BELOVED FRIENDS we cared for daily. There's one thing at this location that has NEVER changed, and that is, we're a small intimate community & family oriented. I've even tried to work at larger communities, but it just didn't have that "homey" feel I love so much about Redmond. To all my co- workers who have left, thank you for loving our residents like your own family. To all my co- workers that stayed, thanks for CONTINUING to love our residents like your own family. That is what makes our location SPECIAL & UNIQUE.

Cons

We've had a lot of changes in our little community in a short amount of time, but it's flourishing again.

Advice to Management

Good job to our management for never wavering on our 24 hr. nursing care. Having our nursing here around the clock, is what brings our residents, and especially their families peace! They advocate for our residents and make sure we get them the best possible care available. Thank you for taking care of our nurses.

Mar 20, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Redmond. We are happy to hear that you are benefiting from the positive changes that have been made. Your loyalty, dedication and ... More

3. "Career not just a job"

Current Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Truly an amazing place to work... The support we receive is ten times above other companies. Whether it is before a survey, during a survey, a stressful situation or just needing some advice we have two of the best nurses that support us from corporate, the regional nurse and the VP of nursing. I have been in an environment previously where you never saw or heard from corporate, but at Aegis they seem to know just when to come and help out. I honestly don't think we could get through survey especially the stress of it without them. The regional nurse is also an exceptional teacher and I always learn something new even though I have been a nurse for years.

Cons

Is the job stressful, yes, but the reward for caring for the elderly makes it all worth it. No matter where you work as a nurse,

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I feel like there is a shift in the value in nursing from the time I began with this company to now. Thank you.

5. "Our CEO"

Current Employee - Life Enrichment/Mercantile in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Life Enrichment/Mercantile in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Today I want to "review" our CEO, Dwayne Clark. Aegis Living employs an incredibly diverse bunch of people, from all walks of life, from many nations, all ages, races, colors and creeds, sexes and orientations, and abilities. In these uncertain times, Mr Clark has gone well out of his way to make sure each and every one of his employees feels respected and valued and safe. He lets us know how he upholds the values that he has set forth in his business, in his personal life. Everyone can know that it's not lip service. We know that Aegis Living stands behind us, and Dwayne Clark stands beside us. There are not many ways today that we can feel this kind of support. I'm grateful to feel this at my place of employment.

Cons

Glassdoor requires five "con" words.

Advice to Management

Unlike others working for a commander in chief, Aegis Management should encourage Dwayne Clark to be even more communicative with his constituency.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Genera Manager in Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Genera Manager in Napa, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is important to work in a place that values you as a person and genuinely cares how you feel. Aegis exceeds this expectation.

Cons

We get so close to our residents and they become our extended family. When we lose them it feels like we have lost our very own.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Director of Marketing"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Moraga, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Moraga, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart management team; the intelligence trickles down to us in our individual communities. This company is as well (or better) run as any company I've ever worked for. The salaries are competitive, the benefits are comprehensive and the staff I work with are wonderful. There's no "dead wood" here; everyone is interested and committed to serving our residents. I love working here. I get recruited about every ten days because of my experience and qualifications but it would take a strong tsunami to ever entice me to leave because I know I've "got it good!"

Cons

I have to drive five miles to get to work and don't even have to get on the freeway.
    We are able to enjoy the delicious food in the kitchen everyday.
    The company keeps sending down campaigns and support from corporate that benefit out business and help us succeed.
    If there's a problem, which there seldom is, management is swift to respond...
    In other words, I can't find any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing: Striving to be the best and always try to improve.

8. "The best job if you want to make a difference in people's lives"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have made some of the best friendships while working at Aegis and feel that as a person I have learned so much more about humility and caring for others. Making a resident smile or giving a family peace of mind truly is priceless.

Cons

It is hard work, it is not for everyone as often there are younger kids that come to work with a sense of entitlement and want to get a raise or a promotion within 2 months of arriving. Caregivers pour their heart into their positions and it is stressful when residents decline or pass away so turnover of staff can become an issue.

Advice to Management

I know that there is constant evolution as a company, I am excited to see the grow and our new programs (I am hoping to book a vacation through our new discount programs). I really respect the current management team and know you are always looking out to improve.

Feb 16, 2017 – Aegis Living

We appreciate you and all you do for our residents and families. It's employees like you who are at the heart of Aegis Living. Thank you.

9. "Best Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Aegis is a company that pays workers competitive salaries, share their profits with employees, rewards them when things go well and supports when need it.
    When you're happy in your work, you notice that in the face, attitude and environment, and to the company it is income statement, because these practices affect productivity.
    Aegis also rewards the employee with other practices." It is what is called the "emotional salary" and covers from training courses to grow and have a career, employees food at $1, comprehensive confidential Employees Assistance Program to provide emotional and work-life counseling for family or marital conflicts, depression, effective parenting and more as well as legal answers including concerns when buying home, divorce and adoption and much more.
     Not everything is salary. Sometimes a pat on the back is worth more than an increase in the payroll and every employee at Aegis knows we can count on it from the very top, after all, we are family and you can feel it.

Aegis gives you the opportunity; it is on you to take advantage of it an love what you do.
    Life is all about balance and you all work hard to give back. 17 years working with Aegis is proof that I love my job. Thank you!

Cons

Nothing to complain about .

Advice to Management

Continue working on maintaining a close relationship with all the staff.

Feb 9, 2017 – Aegis Living

We are thrilled that you are aware and taking advantage of the benefits that are offered to all employees. Thank you for sharing your experience at Aegis Living.

10. "Love it so far"

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time

Pros

Really nice people who work there

Cons

Tales 120 days to get benefits

11. "Aegis, second to none..."

Former Employee - General Manager in Dana Point, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dana Point, CA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Aegis is more then a job; I it is so much more – family, friends, love and the opportunity to learn and make an amazing difference not only in my life but all those I came in contact with. I was truly blessed and I am thankful to having been a part of such a wonderful company and to have worked side by side with such loving and caring people. I did not view Aegis Living as my job; rather just another sweet part of my daily living.

Cons

If you want to work at a place with lots of opportunities, if you want to work in an exciting and encouraging environment, if you want to be challenged, and if you want to support people living happier lives, then work at Aegis!

Advice to Management

Keep looking and moving forward in an industry in need of creativity and innovation. Serving seniors the Aegis way is emulated by other providers and speaks for what Aegis does.