Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 25 reviews)

• Our leadership is committed to the importance of valuing co-workers , residents and families alike (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Too low of pay for care managers (in 20 reviews)

• No cons but it is very sad when residents pass away (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Second Home"

Pros

I have worked at Aegis for over 3 years and I have been fortunate to find a place where I can be myself and do what I love most in the world, brighten and enrich the lives of our residents . Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles. I do not have any family near by, so the residents and Aegis are a second home to me. I spend almost every holiday at Aegis, and there is no where else I would rather be than surrounded by my Best Friends.

Cons

Working at Aegis gives you the opportunity to love and care for so many residents. However, when a resident passes, it feels like you have lost a family member or your closet friend. But I remind myself that I was able to offer love and friendship to these residents through the last years of their life and that gives me peace.

Aegis Living Response

Aug 27, 2016 – CEO

Thank you so much for your hardwork and dedication! We are honored you are part of Aegis Family! Dwayne Clark...Founder/ Chairman/ CEO

2. "Aegis Living, one of the best places to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Pros

The company puts employees first realizing that if the employees are happy and well taken care of they will take care of our customers successfully.

Cons

We are a small management team so we are all expected to wear many hats. This can be a positive and a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication lines open to the entire company and ensure that positions are filled quickly and successfully.

"Great Job"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Kirkland, WA

Pros

Aegis provides a great opportunity to grow with the company while helping others in need. I have worked for Aegis for over 5 years now, and don't see myself anywhere else.

Cons

Working with frail elderly can take a toll on anyone. Death is a part of this job, and it is very difficult getting to know some incredible people only to see them become more frail and pass away.

Advice to Management

I think it would be a great advantage to the staff to have more training on how to deal with the passing of our residents.

"A great atmosphere and community for those who wish to enhance their skills in customer service."

Current Employee - Concierge in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Aptos, CA

Pros

Wonderful and enjoyable residents, good collaboration with all employees, and a fun environment in which one can enjoy their job.

Cons

Working with certain elderly people can be challenging because of the constant attention directed towards them instead of work.

"Working at Aegis Living has brought new purpose and meaning to my life."

Current Employee - Assistant Executive Director in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Executive Director in Aptos, CA

Pros

I joined Aegis of Aptos 11 years ago and I can't say enough about how much I am enjoying working for Aegis. I have a big family now with co-workers, residents and families, that complete the meaning of having a good life. Aegis employees have the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
    I started working at Aegis as a caregiver, and my devotion, enthusiasm, responsibility and knowledge were recognized all the time. Now as a manager I understand how important is to recognize and reward a job well done and to understand each individual's needs and strengths.
    Nothing can be compared with the pleasure of working in the right place, feeling happy to come to work, knowing that your effort will always be recognized and at the end of your day, you go home knowing that you made a difference in someone's life.
    Visitors and vendors tell us that when they walk in the building, they can feel the warm and sense of family immediately.

Cons

If you are not commited to provide the best of you for your residents, families and co-workers, this is not the right place for you.

7. "Quality and Caring at the Corporate Office matches the mission of the Communities"

Current Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA

Pros

Even though I was a new and "temporary" employee I was welcomed as a part of the team, encouraged and invited to participate in all company-wide events and generally made to feel like I was as important to the overall mission of the company as the CEO or SVP.

Cons

The flip side of such unequivocal inclusion is needing to quickly master the core values and mission message(s) of the company to the outside world.

Advice to Management

Continue to include, encourage, and share individual successes as successes for everyone.

8. "My first year at Aegis has been a positive, life changing time and I have a sense of belonging to something special."

Current Employee - Executive Director in Dana Point, CA

Pros

The growth Opportunities are tremendous-still a relatively "young" company.
    The company has an impeccable reputation, and is about being the best.
    It is a company that thrives on best practices, and listening to the "front lines"
    Very bright, progressive and sensible leadership.
    No bureaucracy - a very flat organization, leadership very accessible and visible.
    You are given a lot of autonomy, and the ability to "own" your operation and your business results.

Cons

As a small company, it can be challenging from a support perspective; you have to have a lot of initiative and be able to wear many hats at a local level - especially for human resources, performance management and training. But the tools are all there for you.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the "smallness" of the company, the entrepreneurial spirit, and listening to the front line staff, while we grow and prosper.

9. "Great work environment that allows you to shine"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work environment at Aegis is professional and fun. The company is very entrepreneurial in nature. You will be challenged to do your best and to raise the bar. Creativity is encouraged and ideas quickly move from concept to a working program or process. The team we work with is bright, caring and exceptionally talented. Aegis walks the talk and truly believes in the employee-first concept. Amazing staff in our communities provide loving, exceptional care for our residents. I enjoy working with my co-workers in the office and supporting the outstanding, hard-working team in the field.

Cons

You must have a love for seniors and a passion for superior customer service to be successful at Aegis.

10. "Best Company I've ever worked for...It's like working with family"

Current Employee - Operations in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Operations in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family atmosphere allows everyone to achieve the common goal together as a team. I've always worked by the phrase "None of us is as strong as all of us" and that's never more evident than here at Aegis Living. Company has complete understanding on the importance of great team member satisfaction, we allows those team embers to deliver on the care, safety and security to its residents and families.

Cons

Harder to find great people who have the heart to put our residents first over themselves.

Advice to Management

Don't ever sacrifice the integrity of the company by simply hiring a warm body. Good people fill a need. Great people lead the culture.

11. "Elevating Life, Spirit and Community"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Dana Point, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never experienced such a life enrichinng job. A company that truly believes in human values and enhancement of personal life quality. A company that allows us always do the right thing for others. We practice service, compassion everyday and true possibilities of giving back to those whom we serve and honor, our Seniors.
    Communication is continuous and very approachable. The one greatest strength of the company is the size and open door policy with all at our Corporate offices.
    Dwayne Clark will inspire you with such richness of life experiences and motivation. Never thought this type of comapny existed.

Cons

Absolutely none at the time.

Advice to Management

Never stop motivating your teams