Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 25 reviews)

• Our leadership is committed to the importance of valuing co-workers , residents and families alike (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Too low of pay for care managers (in 19 reviews)

• No cons but it is very sad when residents pass away (in 14 reviews)

1. "heartwarming job, poor company ethics"

Former Employee - Home Care Aide in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Home Care Aide in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aegis Living (More than a year)

Pros

co-workers were wonderful, caring people. job was fulfilling. paid training.

Cons

difficult to collect paychecks from managers, which is difficult for low income wage workers with families.

Advice to Management

consider the urgency of paying employees in a timely fashion for their hard work.

"lets all kick pizza around"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

i love aegis because of the residents

Cons

i use to love coming to work everyday and now it feels like a dark cloud. we use to have fun and it felt like family. now we get to watch our gm kick pizza around when she is upset that is often when trying to watch the cash giveaway. we were use to hugs and now dont no if she knows our name bc she never talks to us in the halls.

Advice to Management

stick to your word next time you say you will bring someone who cares about us

Sep 20, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you taking the time to share your comments with us. I am delighted that you find such joy working with seniors. However, I am sorry about hear about your disappointments. At your... More

"Care Manager"

Pros

Great coworkers, great residents, flexible hours

Cons

Management is iffy
    Underpaided staff for a very nice facility
    Favoritism

4. "Best job i ever had"

Current Employee - Server in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Server in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Aegis really cares about there residents and workers.

Cons

Would like a set schedule

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. They care and it shows.

"Amazing company to work hard for!"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about this company; from management to their leadership, the company's culture and philosophies about respecting one another not only encompasses between employee relations but, mirrors how they treat their residents (clients). It reflects my very own personal values as a person and a citizen of society.

They genuinely care about their residents (clients) and who they are because I witness this first hand since I started. Aegis Living has a high level of integrity and respect that they show for every resident and employee. There is always a story to tell. I feel so blessed to be working for such a great company. The only sad part is that I just started and I am one of the young ones, one day my boss, the CEO, all the executives I have come to love and know will have to retire or pass on. It's a reality that we can not escape. I plan on working till I am like 60 here if all goes well so I know one day I will look around the company and the faces won't be the same anymore. I am starting to learn more and more about the residents, their stories and befriending many of them. It's going to be hard when the day comes and I won't get to see everyone's smiles anymore.

One thing I have learned from working at Aegis Living is that life is too short. We must make use of our days down to the very last minute and seconds. There is no time to waste and to cherish the journey along the way. I love it here!

Also great co-workers! Always willing to lend a hand!!! And I have the best immediate boss in the world!!!! and a great CEO!!!

I took less to join but, I gained so much more already. =)

Cons

I can't think of any! anyone who is not working at Aegis Living is missing out!

Advice to Management

I can't think of any!

Sep 4, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your great comments. What everyone needs to realize is that a great culture doesn't live in one person or even a group of people , it lives in the entire company. And by the way, I'm not... More

"Alice in Wonderland or Assisted Living??"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Redmond, WA

Pros

The residents of course. They are the main reason we are here and who we are serving. They are a blessing. The care staff are great too! They really show they care.

Cons

HA!! Where do I begin?? Everytime I walk into Aegis of Redmond, I wonder if I'm walking into an Assisted Living Facility or Wonderland! I walk in and fall down the dark rabbit hole to see all the chaos that may be. In charge of the care department is Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. Do I really need to say more? We have two people in charge of such a serious department and yet they can't handle it nor do they care about the residents or us! They both provide poor service or lack there of. They are lazy and non compassionate. All they do is sit in their office ALL DAY, chat and do nothing. Literally NOTHING!! They will pretend that they don't hear or see what's going on around them. And, when REAL care is to be provided, the nurse is seen sneaking out the back door to her car so she doesn't have to help assist with our residents. The director is the exact same way! He always comes in late or leaves early and he uses the excuse of "family stuff." He acts like we all don't have personal lives or families to get home to. I have a family too you know! But, I just can't leave early if I'm the only one on the floor. And, that's a problem that he does too. He doesn't allow for us to have enough help on the floor and he doesn't bother helping us out when we do need it. All he does is call agency. Is that all he is good at is making a phone call to agency so he can be sure he is home for dinner on time?? I mean no compassion or anyone but himself. The nurse isn't any better. She always looks lost like she has some place else to be. And, don't ask her for help because she just stands back from afar and plays with her hair. She doesn't want to touch or treat our residents. It's like an inconvenience for her to help. The nurse and director are like two peas in a pod. It's quite sad actually. We, the care team, work so hard everyday because we enjoy what we do, but poor management makes it very hard. When we have issues they ignore them and people quit. I've seen nothing like this place in any other medical facility. It's pretty disappointing.

Advice to Management

Find better people to lead the care department and who really want to work. People who can communicate and want to be apart of a team. Find leaders who care or know how to.

Aug 29, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for recognizing our extraordinary care givers. Your comments regarding management concern me, and I would like the opportunity to discuss with... More

"Life Enrichment Director"

Current Employee - Life Enrichment Director in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Life Enrichment Director in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started work at Aegis, I was greeted with open arms and smiles. It is a true blessing that I was given an opportunity to work here. I love our staff, residents, and family's. "We as humans have the incredible ability to breath life into the ones around us........what an incredible honor and responsibility". I love that everyday at work we can make a difference in our own lives and others. Thank you Aegis for giving me this opportunity to do what I love.

Cons

Sometimes situations can be challenging and its easy to take concerns for residents home with you, they are like family to us. At the end of the day when I walk out of our home, I think about how I can improve tomorrow and try not to dwell on today. Its easy to get wrapped up in the negative, but it all starts with you and what you can contribute for the day.

Advice to Management

Play more bingo..... :)

Aug 23, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Aegis Living. We appreciate all that you do for your residents to make their lives more enriched. We hope you will continue to grow in your position... More

8. "I am IN!"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From a distance, I admired Aegis and spoke to many people for two years prior to making the career move to join this company. The culture, the mission and the joy that I felt volunteering in communities and being part of events gave me the desire to be a permanent part of it. After 4 months of employment, I am relieved to say that I made one of the best decisions I could have ever made by joining the team at Bellevue. Serving others and being a part of an organization that continues to care and enrich the lives of our residents has brought me true job satisfaction. I have the best team, management and outlook on my future with Aegis. I am honored to be part of something so meaningful and fulfilling!

Cons

There is some room for improvement in benefits and vacation time. Not much more than that, it really is an excellent company to work for.

Advice to Management

Work to streamline processes and procedures between community and home office

9. "Aegis Redmond Cares"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

warm loving environment, happy delightful staff. Best residents and family members. Love my new location

Cons

Not enough hours in the day

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

10. "Health Services Director"

Current Employee - HSD in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - HSD in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very supportive environment, and less stress than many other employers!

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!