Aegis Living Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 23 reviews)

• Our leadership is committed to the importance of valuing co-workers , residents and families alike (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Care Managers should be paid more (in 19 reviews)

• No cons but it is very sad when residents pass away (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Second Home"

Pros

I have worked at Aegis for over 3 years and I have been fortunate to find a place where I can be myself and do what I love most in the world, brighten and enrich the lives of our residents . Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles. I do not have any family near by, so the residents and Aegis are a second home to me. I spend almost every holiday at Aegis, and there is no where else I would rather be than surrounded by my Best Friends.

Cons

Working at Aegis gives you the opportunity to love and care for so many residents. However, when a resident passes, it feels like you have lost a family member or your closet friend. But I remind myself that I was able to offer love and friendship to these residents through the last years of their life and that gives me peace.

Aug 27, 2016 – CEO

Thank you so much for your hardwork and dedication! We are honored you are part of Aegis Family! Dwayne Clark...Founder/ Chairman/ CEO

2. "The best job if you want to make a difference in people's lives"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have made some of the best friendships while working at Aegis and feel that as a person I have learned so much more about humility and caring for others. Making a resident smile or giving a family peace of mind truly is priceless.

Cons

It is hard work, it is not for everyone as often there are younger kids that come to work with a sense of entitlement and want to get a raise or a promotion within 2 months of arriving. Caregivers pour their heart into their positions and it is stressful when residents decline or pass away so turnover of staff can become an issue.

Advice to Management

I know that there is constant evolution as a company, I am excited to see the grow and our new programs (I am hoping to book a vacation through our new discount programs). I really respect the current management team and know you are always looking out to improve.

Feb 16, 2017 – Aegis Living

We appreciate you and all you do for our residents and families. It's employees like you who are at the heart of Aegis Living. Thank you.

"Questionable??"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Aegis is nice.. I love the seniors. It makes me happy that they are being taken care by hardworking employees who really cares about their job and most of all what they do. Also, how important their jobs are. The diversity of the employees is wonderful.

Cons

There's a lot of Cons. When I said in the Pros employees care how important their jobs are. that was only because of the service they give the seniors. The pay is not good at all. As hard and long as the employees work they do not get paid enough money.
    Another is Respect. With Care Management and Office Staff there is no respect when it comes to employees. They talking about employees behind their backs, they spread gossip, they are rude with how they speak to employees. There's no professionalism when it comes to Care Management and Office Staff. In order to keep employees you must respect them and keep their personal aspects personal. Because of this the facility has become a hostile work environment. Everyone is on edge. There's always conflict and hostility. Workers are stressed out.
    So, basically there is no unity amongst management and employees. Long-time employees are quitting. New employee see what's going on and don't want to deal with that type of stress or hostility and are quitting. Aegis of Redmond is apart, far as employee relations. In the end the Senior residence pay the price. I feel bad for the residents. They shouldn't have to be in the mist of such hostility.

Advice to Management

I would say to the owners... They have a beautiful company. The principles on which you build Aegis Living is fantastic. At Aegis of Redmond a lot of change is needed, far as Office Staff, Care Management and Employee Relations. The work environment is very hostile. And, I know residents feel the hostility. Better wages needs to be implemented. Your employees have families to take care of. They enjoy their jobs and want to stay with the company, if paid better.

Feb 17, 2017 – Aegis Living

We appreciate you sharing your honest experiences with us. We have discussed your situation and that of others and are working to ensure that you and your co-workers work in an environment that is a ... More

5. "Management"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Residents, family members and team members

Cons

Division, Favoritism, degradation of Care Managers , no privacy to employee personal matters that is supposed to be confidential

Advice to Management

When I first started working here up until about 4 months ago, this place was a dream come true. I had never worked in a place where everyone was like family. It didn't matter what color, religion, language spoken or job title. This place made me so proud to be an American where everyone is accepted and treated like family. Tge owner of the company really seems to care about his employees when it comes to diversity. Well, the last few months haven't been the same. I have to agree with the previous reviewers. Seems like ever since they hired one person to take over the Care team , the whole building fell apart . I mean from every department!! This person has no boundaries as to what her job is . She took over as someone else mentioned. We lost almost half of the team here because of her. From Employee personal information, marital , financial problems to illnesses. Employees trust their superior and pour their hearts out not knowing their problems will be the talk of the building. We had a diverse culture and Community here until this woman got here . We never detected an accent until she started rudely correcting some of the Care staff who speak English as a second language and this is over the radio communication where everyone can hear. We have some damn good employees from care , cooks to nurses who speak different languages but to degrade them like that is just not ok . I know and believe that aegis believe in equal opportunity and diversity . This is absolutely ridiculous if this continues. I've watched my peers go one by one and I'm not going to stay either. I can't stand seeing people being treated this way . Enough is enough. How many more people can we loose ????

Feb 13, 2017 – Aegis Living

We are sorry to hear of your experiences. As you mention we are a company where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and respected. I assure you that we will be looking into the situation and ... More

6. "Home Away from Home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is such a good, cozy, warm vibe in the building. I really enjoy coming to work each day. The residents help to make my job worthwhile. This is a real feel-good job. Not many people can say that they love what they do, but I can. The staff and residents all feel like my home away from home.

Cons

I enjoy what I do that it is hard for me to pull away when it's time to leave for the day.

7. "Best Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Aegis is a company that pays workers competitive salaries, share their profits with employees, rewards them when things go well and supports when need it.
    When you're happy in your work, you notice that in the face, attitude and environment, and to the company it is income statement, because these practices affect productivity.
    Aegis also rewards the employee with other practices." It is what is called the "emotional salary" and covers from training courses to grow and have a career, employees food at $1, comprehensive confidential Employees Assistance Program to provide emotional and work-life counseling for family or marital conflicts, depression, effective parenting and more as well as legal answers including concerns when buying home, divorce and adoption and much more.
     Not everything is salary. Sometimes a pat on the back is worth more than an increase in the payroll and every employee at Aegis knows we can count on it from the very top, after all, we are family and you can feel it.

Aegis gives you the opportunity; it is on you to take advantage of it an love what you do.
    Life is all about balance and you all work hard to give back. 17 years working with Aegis is proof that I love my job. Thank you!

Cons

Nothing to complain about .

Advice to Management

Continue working on maintaining a close relationship with all the staff.

Feb 9, 2017 – Aegis Living

We are thrilled that you are aware and taking advantage of the benefits that are offered to all employees. Thank you for sharing your experience at Aegis Living.

8. "Art Therapist"

Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company treats employees very well.

Cons

Small budget for such a "large company".

9. "Love it so far"

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time

Pros

Really nice people who work there

Cons

Tales 120 days to get benefits

10. "No One Right Now"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

$1 meals, ugly blue shirt

Cons

Overworked care staff. Surprised the made it to top company. Must have paid someone! Only cares about money ! One ity bitty bathroom for more than 20 women... What in the world! They make it somehow but don't get appreciated for at all. The way the get rid of workers is just beyond words. Never seen anything like this in my life !
    This was the first building and the main office is stone throw away yet we've never seen the owner in the building. Tells a lot !!

Advice to Management

You ALL suck !! You treat people like doormats ! Disgusting.

Jan 30, 2017 – CEO

This is Dwayne Clark the owner, would love to sit down and get your ideas on how " YOU" would make things better. I promise you will see me in the next month as I'm traveling out of Seattle now. I ... More

11. "Care Director"

Current Employee - Resident Care Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Resident Care Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth and stability. Very cheap employee meals.

Cons

Schedule keeps changing all the time and there is no education support. Retention rate is very low and morale can be low at times.

Advice to Management

Add education support programs for staff

Jan 13, 2017 – Aegis Living

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. If you have questions or concerns about training or benefits please take the opportunity to speak with your General Manager or VP of Operations. We are ... More