Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Aegis Living Reviews

Updated June 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 25 reviews)

• Our leadership is committed to the importance of valuing co-workers , residents and families alike (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Too low of pay for care managers (in 20 reviews)

• No cons but it is very sad when residents pass away (in 14 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Chef in Moraga, CA
    Current Employee - Chef in Moraga, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The GM is a great GM who really cares about the employees always doing stuff to make it so that the employees feel important. Staff appreciation days are always fun

Cons

Have to work weekends and holidays but that goes along with the business

May 12, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Aegis. It's always good to hear from employees when the benefits provided, that help make us a Best Workplace, are appreciated and ... More

2. "Outstanding environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Support from home office on giving you autonomy in your decisions.
    I have never been put down for underperforming - management understands the fluctuations of our business cycles.

Cons

Need more support and quicker response times in getting upgrades in the building -

Advice to Management

Continue value co workers, residents and families.

May 1, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for your years of service and dedication to your residents and families. Your comments will be shared with the leadership team.

3. "Aegis day is everyday!"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am so happy to call Aegis my second home. There is never a day I dread coming to work.

Cons

Seeing long term coworkers and residents leave.

May 2, 2017 – Aegis Living

What a great attitude about life. We know how hard our employees work to make lives better for their residents and families. Your devotion is greatly appreciated and we will continue to make Aegis ... More

"Good Job, Morally Horrible"

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time

Pros

Working with and talking to the residents is amazing, they have such unique and interesting stories.

The food is amazing!

Genuinely a lovely location, the building is great and great activities are offered.

Individual employees are kind and compassionate.

There are benefits, and good ones!

Really, all things considered, a great place to work if your moral compass isn't spinning round-and-round in panic once you see how they run the place.

Cons

It's heartbreaking, and not just because death is so common in an assisted living community. The management, at least at the Marymoor (Washington) location, doesn't seem to care. The care staff borders on neglecting residents but not by their own choice, they are left severely understaffed daily and yet no effort to adequately care for the residents is made, yet there is still an overwhelming push to recruit new residents. It is uncomfortably clear that they want the money but do not care if they're providing adequate care.

Almost daily I have to see a resident be left to wait for nearly an hour, helped rudely, or be told to stop asking for help, because no one is available for them and the care staff is overwhelmed. Sometimes this is for fairly urgent assistance, too. The residents themselves have expressed fear that, because no one replies to their alert buttons, they worry they'll die in an emergency because they are so regularly ignored.

I've also had residents tell me they feel like they're treated like children. Considering multiple members of management, activities, and care staff have told me things like "they're basically toys", or "just treat them like children", I do not think the residents are making this up out of nothing.

The managers don't even know the laws, or just don't care! Non-nursing care staff and activities people are regularly told to do things that are expressly prohibited, such as escorting residents, doing nail trims, etc.

Advice to Management

Before filling up all the empty rooms, make sure you can take care of the people you've got. Because even though the children of the residents are happy, I see people being neglected on the regular and no one cares what the residents have to say, even the fully cognizant ones. Try to be a little more sensitive and remember that you're running more than just a business. These are people's lives. Also, learn the rules please, it's the lower leveled people who get in trouble when we do something we're not allowed to, but you told us to.

May 10, 2017 – Aegis Living

Your comments are very concerning to us as we take the safety, security & well-being of our residents very seriously. We will begin an internal investigation immediately. As part of that ... More

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They work with your schedule, offer benefits for part time employees, you usually have a set schedule, they do fun family activities for workers and their families a few times a year.

Cons

Work every weekend (unless you are lucky and get a schedule without weekends), 45 minute unpaid breaks, they count office staff in the ratio for workers/residents which means the workers on the floor are technically understaffed. (this is new and hopefully will not last long first time in 3 years that they have done this)

Advice to Management

Go back to 30 minute unpaid breaks and do not count break time against hours worked to qualify for benefits.

Apr 18, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I want to first reassure you that our staffing levels meet and often exceed state guidelines. When we look at staffing schedules, we do not ... More

"Positive in Redmond"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Aegis of Redmond for years. I've seen co-workers come and go, for various reasons, and lost BELOVED FRIENDS we cared for daily. There's one thing at this location that has NEVER changed, and that is, we're a small intimate community & family oriented. I've even tried to work at larger communities, but it just didn't have that "homey" feel I love so much about Redmond. To all my co- workers who have left, thank you for loving our residents like your own family. To all my co- workers that stayed, thanks for CONTINUING to love our residents like your own family. That is what makes our location SPECIAL & UNIQUE.

Cons

We've had a lot of changes in our little community in a short amount of time, but it's flourishing again.

Advice to Management

Good job to our management for never wavering on our 24 hr. nursing care. Having our nursing here around the clock, is what brings our residents, and especially their families peace! They advocate for our residents and make sure we get them the best possible care available. Thank you for taking care of our nurses.

Mar 20, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Redmond. We are happy to hear that you are benefiting from the positive changes that have been made. Your loyalty, dedication and ... More

7. "Culture and Athmosphere"

Current Employee - Operations in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Operations in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Greatest assembly of kind and passionate people I have ever met.

Cons

commute is a little challenging

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Our CEO"

Current Employee - Life Enrichment/Mercantile in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Life Enrichment/Mercantile in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Today I want to "review" our CEO, Dwayne Clark. Aegis Living employs an incredibly diverse bunch of people, from all walks of life, from many nations, all ages, races, colors and creeds, sexes and orientations, and abilities. In these uncertain times, Mr Clark has gone well out of his way to make sure each and every one of his employees feels respected and valued and safe. He lets us know how he upholds the values that he has set forth in his business, in his personal life. Everyone can know that it's not lip service. We know that Aegis Living stands behind us, and Dwayne Clark stands beside us. There are not many ways today that we can feel this kind of support. I'm grateful to feel this at my place of employment.

Cons

Glassdoor requires five "con" words.

Advice to Management

Unlike others working for a commander in chief, Aegis Management should encourage Dwayne Clark to be even more communicative with his constituency.

"Aegis of Marymoor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love working with the residents!! So many amazing people to fill your day with joy and amazing story's.

Cons

Lots of unhappy employees!! Lots of unhappy family members of residents! I've had multiple people come up to me to tell me that management doesn't listen to what they are tryin to express and are moving their loved ones away from the community, and they did that day if not the next day 😥

Advice to Management

Listen to what your staff and family of residents are saying. Stop being so comcern with what your dad (owner of the company) thinks and how it's going to make you look! You are there to provide a better quality of life for the few years most residents will have with your community.

Mar 30, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for your feedback. We do strive to be an employee-first company and I’m sorry if that is currently not how you are feeling. I will be attending your upcoming All-Staff meeting where I ... More

10. "Director of Marketing"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Moraga, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Moraga, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart management team; the intelligence trickles down to us in our individual communities. This company is as well (or better) run as any company I've ever worked for. The salaries are competitive, the benefits are comprehensive and the staff I work with are wonderful. There's no "dead wood" here; everyone is interested and committed to serving our residents. I love working here. I get recruited about every ten days because of my experience and qualifications but it would take a strong tsunami to ever entice me to leave because I know I've "got it good!"

Cons

I have to drive five miles to get to work and don't even have to get on the freeway.
    We are able to enjoy the delicious food in the kitchen everyday.
    The company keeps sending down campaigns and support from corporate that benefit out business and help us succeed.
    If there's a problem, which there seldom is, management is swift to respond...
    In other words, I can't find any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing: Striving to be the best and always try to improve.