Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Aegis Living Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 25 reviews)

• Our leadership is committed to the importance of valuing co-workers , residents and families alike (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Too low of pay for care managers (in 20 reviews)

• No cons but it is very sad when residents pass away (in 14 reviews)

1. "Care Manager/CNA"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Shoreline, WA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Shoreline, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours: 3 shifts - days, evenings, and noc.

Cons

Extremely high patient ratios - never enough care staff. Constant turnover.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like you actually value them. Don't give special treatment to new employees and then treat existing employees like they don't exist.

Mar 16, 2017 – Aegis Living

The care of our residents is our highest priority. Aegis' policy is to staff based on the current care needs of the community's residents. Aegis also expects the employee-first culture that has ... More

2. "Best Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aptos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Aegis is a company that pays workers competitive salaries, share their profits with employees, rewards them when things go well and supports when need it.
    When you're happy in your work, you notice that in the face, attitude and environment, and to the company it is income statement, because these practices affect productivity.
    Aegis also rewards the employee with other practices." It is what is called the "emotional salary" and covers from training courses to grow and have a career, employees food at $1, comprehensive confidential Employees Assistance Program to provide emotional and work-life counseling for family or marital conflicts, depression, effective parenting and more as well as legal answers including concerns when buying home, divorce and adoption and much more.
     Not everything is salary. Sometimes a pat on the back is worth more than an increase in the payroll and every employee at Aegis knows we can count on it from the very top, after all, we are family and you can feel it.

Aegis gives you the opportunity; it is on you to take advantage of it an love what you do.
    Life is all about balance and you all work hard to give back. 17 years working with Aegis is proof that I love my job. Thank you!

Cons

Nothing to complain about .

Advice to Management

Continue working on maintaining a close relationship with all the staff.

Feb 9, 2017 – Aegis Living

We are thrilled that you are aware and taking advantage of the benefits that are offered to all employees. Thank you for sharing your experience at Aegis Living.

3. "Home Away from Home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is such a good, cozy, warm vibe in the building. I really enjoy coming to work each day. The residents help to make my job worthwhile. This is a real feel-good job. Not many people can say that they love what they do, but I can. The staff and residents all feel like my home away from home.

Cons

I enjoy what I do that it is hard for me to pull away when it's time to leave for the day.

5. "Art Therapist"

Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company treats employees very well.

Cons

Small budget for such a "large company".

6. "Aegis, second to none..."

Former Employee - General Manager in Dana Point, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dana Point, CA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Aegis is more then a job; I it is so much more – family, friends, love and the opportunity to learn and make an amazing difference not only in my life but all those I came in contact with. I was truly blessed and I am thankful to having been a part of such a wonderful company and to have worked side by side with such loving and caring people. I did not view Aegis Living as my job; rather just another sweet part of my daily living.

Cons

If you want to work at a place with lots of opportunities, if you want to work in an exciting and encouraging environment, if you want to be challenged, and if you want to support people living happier lives, then work at Aegis!

Advice to Management

Keep looking and moving forward in an industry in need of creativity and innovation. Serving seniors the Aegis way is emulated by other providers and speaks for what Aegis does.

7. "Management"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Residents, family members and team members

Cons

Division, Favoritism, degradation of Care Managers , no privacy to employee personal matters that is supposed to be confidential

Advice to Management

When I first started working here up until about 4 months ago, this place was a dream come true. I had never worked in a place where everyone was like family. It didn't matter what color, religion, language spoken or job title. This place made me so proud to be an American where everyone is accepted and treated like family. Tge owner of the company really seems to care about his employees when it comes to diversity. Well, the last few months haven't been the same. I have to agree with the previous reviewers. Seems like ever since they hired one person to take over the Care team , the whole building fell apart . I mean from every department!! This person has no boundaries as to what her job is . She took over as someone else mentioned. We lost almost half of the team here because of her. From Employee personal information, marital , financial problems to illnesses. Employees trust their superior and pour their hearts out not knowing their problems will be the talk of the building. We had a diverse culture and Community here until this woman got here . We never detected an accent until she started rudely correcting some of the Care staff who speak English as a second language and this is over the radio communication where everyone can hear. We have some damn good employees from care , cooks to nurses who speak different languages but to degrade them like that is just not ok . I know and believe that aegis believe in equal opportunity and diversity . This is absolutely ridiculous if this continues. I've watched my peers go one by one and I'm not going to stay either. I can't stand seeing people being treated this way . Enough is enough. How many more people can we loose ????

Feb 13, 2017 – Aegis Living

We are sorry to hear of your experiences. As you mention we are a company where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and respected. I assure you that we will be looking into the situation and ... More

8. "Great work environment but little pay."

Former Employee - Care Manager in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Issaquah, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hires some of the post caring and positive employees. Lots of training g offered and room for advancement. Property I worked at had lots of animails on property, which the residents loved.

Cons

Wages are way too low for the area. You are taking care of minimum 14 residents. That less than $1 an hour per resident.

Jan 13, 2017 – Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Aegis. Feedback from current and former employees helps Aegis Living to continue improving. We're glad to hear your experience was ... More

9. "Care Director"

Current Employee - Resident Care Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Resident Care Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth and stability. Very cheap employee meals.

Cons

Schedule keeps changing all the time and there is no education support. Retention rate is very low and morale can be low at times.

Advice to Management

Add education support programs for staff

Jan 13, 2017 – Aegis Living

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. If you have questions or concerns about training or benefits please take the opportunity to speak with your General Manager or VP of Operations. We are ... More

10. "Kitchen"

Former Employee - Server Lead in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Server Lead in Kent, WA

I worked at Aegis Living (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Amazing opportunities and amazing people. This would be a great place to get your foot into the door towards your career. If you're looking for something different and exciting every day, then this might be the place for you.

Cons

Every day is different. If you are looking for something that will potentially be the same thing everyday, this is not the place to be. If you're looking for something different and exciting every day, then this might be the place for you.

"No One Right Now"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

$1 meals, ugly blue shirt

Cons

Overworked care staff. Surprised the made it to top company. Must have paid someone! Only cares about money ! One ity bitty bathroom for more than 20 women... What in the world! They make it somehow but don't get appreciated for at all. The way the get rid of workers is just beyond words. Never seen anything like this in my life !
    This was the first building and the main office is stone throw away yet we've never seen the owner in the building. Tells a lot !!

Advice to Management

You ALL suck !! You treat people like doormats ! Disgusting.

Jan 30, 2017 – CEO

This is Dwayne Clark the owner, would love to sit down and get your ideas on how " YOU" would make things better. I promise you will see me in the next month as I'm traveling out of Seattle now. I ... More