Aegis Living Reviews | Glassdoor

Aegis Living Reviews

Updated July 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles (in 25 reviews)

• Our leadership is committed to the importance of valuing co-workers , residents and families alike (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Too low of pay for care managers (in 20 reviews)

• No cons but it is very sad when residents pass away (in 14 reviews)

1. "Care Director"

Current Employee - Resident Care Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Resident Care Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth and stability. Very cheap employee meals.

Cons

Schedule keeps changing all the time and there is no education support. Retention rate is very low and morale can be low at times.

Advice to Management

Add education support programs for staff

Jan 13, 2017 – Aegis Living

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. If you have questions or concerns about training or benefits please take the opportunity to speak with your General Manager or VP of Operations. We are... More

2. "Kitchen"

Former Employee - Server Lead in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Server Lead in Kent, WA

I worked at Aegis Living (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Amazing opportunities and amazing people. This would be a great place to get your foot into the door towards your career. If you're looking for something different and exciting every day, then this might be the place for you.

Cons

Every day is different. If you are looking for something that will potentially be the same thing everyday, this is not the place to be. If you're looking for something different and exciting every day, then this might be the place for you.

"No One Right Now"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

$1 meals, ugly blue shirt

Cons

Overworked care staff. Surprised the made it to top company. Must have paid someone! Only cares about money ! One ity bitty bathroom for more than 20 women... What in the world! They make it somehow but don't get appreciated for at all. The way the get rid of workers is just beyond words. Never seen anything like this in my life !
    This was the first building and the main office is stone throw away yet we've never seen the owner in the building. Tells a lot !!

Advice to Management

You ALL suck !! You treat people like doormats ! Disgusting.

Jan 30, 2017 – CEO

This is Dwayne Clark the owner, would love to sit down and get your ideas on how " YOU" would make things better. I promise you will see me in the next month as I'm traveling out of Seattle now. I... More

4. "Always room for improvement, yet so far the best company I've been with"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing and proactive management team who cares, listens, and helps employees. Most coworkers are friendly, some are even passionate and love what they do. Positive working environment is always a plus. High turn over rate is typical in this line of job, but they are working hard to address this issue. Great company to work for, especially at Bellevue location. Already advertise this company to any of my friends who are looking for job. Even come to work on my day off to hang out, that is how much I love this place and its people.

Cons

I had a chance to work with amazing people who cared so much about the residents. I feel like there should be a system to let employees to nominate or just give out kudos to those, it would be great. Some great work or dedication was not recognized simply because the management team cannot be there the whole time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work that you guys are doing.Just amazing and positive working environment. Just the tiny change to the system, recognize more hard-work!

Dec 13, 2016 – Aegis Living

Thank you for sharing your feedback about working at Aegis Living. We're happy to hear that you have had a good experience your first year. We will work hard to continue providing you with a... More

"Still and excellent place to work"

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at Aegis for 3+ years now and thought I would add another review. I have watched the company grow and change a bit since I started, as there are some key figures in executive leadership that have departed, but I still feel that the Aegis culture is intact and as strong as ever. There is still a very tangible sense of what the company believes in and in maintaining focus on helping people and making lives better, of both customers and employees. I really think it's just part of the DNA of this company, it's a very positive, constructive, caring environment, with very little politics.

Having been here for a while, I have gained more insight into the financial operations of the company and there is definitely a sharp focus on financials and revenue, to the extent that it can drive some "panicked" behavior from some groups. However, I still strong believe that the company maintains a healthy balance between revenue and it's corporate values. It's a business, but making lives better is still very core.

Cons

I see some growing pains happening as Aegis matures from a smaller informal company to a larger enterprise. There is a need for more formalization of process and stronger centralized leadership. The portfolio of communities is kind of half run as a federation of states, while also being ruled by a central office. I get the need to keep control and incentives closer to the community level, but it creates a lot of challenges when we have trouble with consistent behavior and adoption of processes across the company. The sites in southern CA and WA can seem to operate very differently sometimes. I think this is just part of maturing, and we need to find a way to increase institutional control while maintaining some autonomy and not becoming too "corporate".

Advice to Management

Really think about the maturation process and what we need to do to grow up into an adult company.

6. "Excellence and Beyond..."

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work for an awesome and amazing company! I come to work everyday knowing that I have the support I need to be successful in my career. The opportunities that are presented at Aegis are endless if you truly want to grow as a professional and an overall person. I love what I do - even more so I love the people I work with.

Cons

Time management is key when you work for Aegis. We are a growing company, which is great, but one needs to understand that with growth comes more responsibility on every level. All in all, stay focused, prioritize and use your time management skills wisely...

Advice to Management

Stay passionate. Stay motivated. Stay humble. Stay kind. Stay strong. Try your best on a daily basis and ask for help when you need it. We have awesome leadership at every level - take advantage of it - learn, grow and keep learning....

7. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Nursing in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Nursing in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It has been the best place that I have ever worked in healthcare. I can't imagine working anywhere else. Hands down it is the best I have seen that treats dementia residents with respect and promotes independence for as long as possible. We have some of the best nurses, training and support. Kudos to those that have recognized the value in nursing and the support. We are lucky in Seattle to have the home office so close to the communities and communities that truly help each other.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons and feel like this is the perfect fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good the good work and always remember why we do what we do.

Nov 15, 2016 – Aegis Living

Thank you for sharing your experience at Aegis. We will continue to value all of our employees and provide the excellent care our staff, residents and families have come to expect from us.

"My experience at Aegis was probably one of the worst work experience I have ever had."

Former Employee - Associate Care Director in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Associate Care Director in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting to know the residents is probably the only pro I can think of. I have been doing care giving for over 8 years now and I love building that bond with the residents, they become like your family. The place is beautiful inside, kept clean, and is a safe environment for the residents.

Cons

Their expectations of their staff is very unrealistic. I was only there for about 4 weeks. I was hired to do a specific job that I was more than qualified to do but once I started I was asked to work a completely different job and was not properly trained to do so, plus try to learn the position that I was supposed to be doing. I am a CNA so I know how to do that type of work but I felt lied to when that was not the position I applied for but was forced to work any ways because they were short of staff. I felt used and I definitely did not feel like they vaule their staff at all. The work load was horrible and it was hard giving the residents the quality care because it felt rushed to do. Their lack of communication is also horrible. I was hired for a management position but I was treated like I was worthless and I felt disrespected many times. I was kept out of the loop on a lot of stuff and felt stupid when other people knew things before me. I was let go because I was not meeting their expectations and I was scolded because I was sick and not able to work a few days. I was in shock because I am human and I can't predict when I will get sick. I felt like I was set up to fail and Aegis Living has left a very bad impression on me.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to properly trian your staff before trying to make them meet your expectations and setting them up for failure. Communication is horrible and I would highly recommend that your upper management learn how to communicate to their staff. Also find more people with a heart. The management staff at the Aegis I worked for were cold and heartless and I felt like they were only their for their own benefit. The staff felt like they had no advocate for them as if they were not welcome to voice their concerns because no one seemed to care.

Dec 8, 2016 – Aegis Living

We are sorry to hear of your experience, this is not the company that Aegis Living strives to be. We endeavor to offer a high level of training that supports our employees and ensures the best care... More

9. "Business Office Manager"

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aegis is very much employee focused. Their benefits are great, and they are always thinking of innovative ways to focus employee retention. There is a definite career path and growth in the company.

Cons

Aegis is a great company to work for. No cons from me.

Advice to Management

no comments

10. "High calibre people, great culture, innovative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WV

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

1. The staff in the communities love what they do. They don't think of themselves as having jobs, but as having missions in life -- to care for your parents. And in fact, both the CEO and the President actually had parents in Aegis communities. Before I interviewed here, I mystery shopped an Aegis community and what I saw really surprised me and is one of the reasons I joined: the care the staff showed residents -- and each other -- when they didn't know anyone was watching was genuine, exceptional and palpable.
    2. The culture is so great, it attracts high calibre people, who not only have great resumes, but are really nice, too.
    3. Creative, inspiring, caring founder

Cons

1. When it storms, my commute home to Seattle takes an hour. (In the morning, it's only 25 minutes). We're moving our HQ to Bellevue, so in early 2017, it will be much shorter.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything I haven't already told them. The best part is that they want to hear it.