KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Aegis Living Employee Reviews about "care managers"

Updated Apr 20, 2020

Found 35 of over 718 reviews

3.5
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark
Pros
  • "Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles(in 28 reviews)

• "Provides a kind, supportive work environment and good care to the older population(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The number of care managers is in short(in 25 reviews)

• "not enough care staff on the floor for how involved the care is for the residents(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aegis Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "care managers"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 23, 2017 - Cna/Med Tech in Issaquah, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you like to work hard it's a great place for it. The residents are amazing and care managers (cna's) are truly a great team to work with and the nurses are amazing and work great beside care staff. The property is clean and we'll maintained.

Cons

Having to move food carts can be challenging at times at the issaquah location. Could use more parking but, that's really about it.

Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share about your work at Aegis Living. Our community staff are the heart of Aegis Living and make it the great company it is. We appreciate all of the hard work and dedication you put into caring for your residents and are honored that you chose to work at Aegis.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good job with good experience

Feb 29, 2020 - Care Manager in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working with residents and providing quality care. There are many different people with different kinds of care needs, which gives you a good range of experience. Management is always listening to concerns. The care director is always available 24/7 which is nice when you work night shifts and need help! She always comes in and works shifts when we there is an emergency and someone calls out. I've never had vacation time denied which is wonderful because it means that you can a little break/vacation when you are starting to burn out, so you can come back refreshed and ready to go. She lets us know what we are doing well and what we can improve on so we can always be bettering ourselves as care managers. Most of the coworkers are wonderful to work with! Many of them are there and will cover for you in emergency situations, and don't make fun of you if you don't know how to do something. Those with more experience are great teachers.

Cons

I think a lot of people consider it as a stepping stone for nursing which would be fine if they would take it seriously, but many new care givers do not. It's incredibly frustrating to give everything you have to a job and watch others treat it like its nothing. People will call out with 2 hour notices which makes it incredible hard for the rest of us to provide quality care to the residents we grow to love. We always manage, but its very heartbreaking when you work with people who don't take it seriously.

Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Aegis Living. I am happy to hear how much you enjoy your work. It's employees like you that are the center of the Aegis culture giving so much to your residents. I am sorry to hear that not all of your co-workers share your work ethic. Hiring and retaining the best employees to care for our residents is a priority for us. I would like to learn more about your experience first hand so that we can focus on making improvements. If you would, please give me a call. Derrick Skinner VP Operations 425-418-4064

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Employee Workload

Apr 20, 2020 - Care Manager in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment to practice on your initial CNA experience before heading further.

Cons

The number of care managers is in short. That makes your work more stressful to handle at a time.

1 person found this review helpful

Aegis Living

Thank you for your service to the residents at Aegis Living Bellevue, and for providing your feedback. At Aegis Living caring for residents is our highest priority which is why we staff according to each resident’s needs. Management looks at many facets, including the number of residents who need care, those residents’ needs, the complexity of care, and the number of tenured and experienced care staff. I would like to learn more about your experience working for Aegis Living and hope you will contact me so we can speak. Thank you. Sonia Chahal-Singh VP Operations (707) 332-0896

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

No incentive to stay

Dec 19, 2019 - Care Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Most of the residents are very sweet and appreciative; at its best moments, the work can be rewarding and satisfying - You can get some solid hands-on experience with basic bedside nursing skills - Some interesting coworkers - Nice facility - $1 meals, although they are neither delicious nor generous portion sizes - Definitely better than working in a skilled nursing facility, but much worse than working in a hospital. If you are just starting out, work here for a few months and then quit and get a job in a hospital once you have a little experience and active NAC. Aegis provides no incentive to stay.

Cons

Other facilities will reimburse you for the cost of your CNA training, but Aegis doesn’t, nor do they offer any sign-on bonus. You will be worked really hard but treated like you don’t matter. For example, managers will change your schedule at the last minute without telling you about it and just expect you to show up. Sometimes the schedule isn’t posted until one week before. The turnover is absolutely ridiculous; it’s a revolving door of GM’s, directors, and care managers meaning that most people aren’t very experienced in their respective roles and don’t know what they’re doing. Some of the expectations regarding workload are absurd; too understaffed to actually follow the residents’ care plans as they are written; low staffing requires cutting corners, impacts the safety of the residents, and negatively affects worker morale. CEO Dwayne Clark bought an $18 million dollar mansion in Carpinteria in February of this year, and has appeared on FOX Business opposing a proposed wealth tax – meanwhile, his company rakes in massive profits while paying its frontline employees minimum wage and cutting corners on care to pinch pennies.

7 people found this review helpful

Aegis Living

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. There is a lot to digest here, and probably too much to comment on in this venue. Yet, please allow me to attempt to speak to some of your concerns. Resident safety and happiness is our number one priority. Aegis staffs our communities to meet the needs of our residents. Our health services team routinely audits our care plans to ensure they are accurate and followed. We also survey our residents and family members to better understand their satisfaction levels. Aegis Living has earned a reputation for delivering high quality of care. This reputation exists because we hire passionate, loving, dedicated and positive people to deliver that care. We know that to attract and retain good people in this job market, we need to pay well and provide solid training. Frequently throughout the year, we review pay rates. When they need to be increased, we do it. We%E2%80%99re changing benefits often, based on what our staff tell us they want and need. In fact, our efforts have resulted in significantly improved retention levels in the past 12 months. Having said all this, it does not appear that this is your experience, and I am very interested in understanding more about your situation. Would you mind contacting me at the number below? Tom Laborde Chief Operating Officer 707.975.5065

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Aegis -Care Manager

Apr 13, 2019 - Care Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

$1 meals, free coffee/tea Friendly care staff, kitchen staff, residents Free street parking Beautiful and clean work environment Great online training education Benefits at low cost 1 week of on-the-job training with experienced care managers Great communication with Wellness Nurses improves job outlook and performance Trades and pickups for shifts can be made easily online, which allows for a positive work/life balance and unexpected life events Building Manager is consistently available throughout the week to check on operations and is very much approachable

Cons

Very low pay is demoralizing and does not align with difficult economic times and does not match the level of work performed by care managers- compensation is a difficult subject to bring to the attention of upper management since it is uniform across -the- board. Time-based resident response system prevents individualized care, and often interrupts important radio transmissions Equipment is limited upon shift change Breaks often go unmet due to care for residents Some upper management communications with care staff are too direct and often ask rhetorical and confusing questions regarding resident care, which appear to try to elicit a wrong response- causes employee distrust with upper management and lowered morale Limited career advancement opportunities at this location and are not often presented to employees

4 people found this review helpful

Aegis Living

Thank you for your service to our residents at Aegis. I am always thankful for feedback from our staff; it makes us a better company. The “pros” you mention are very encouraging to me. The “cons” leave me sad, yet eager to understand your position better. Staff pay and benefits, opportunities for advancement, supplies and technology availability to staff, and servant leadership are continual areas of focus for us. I take our responsibility to attract and retain positive, loving and dedicated staff members very seriously, so your concerns have piqued my interest. Your experience is far from our standard of practice, and I’d like to collaborate with you to help understand the issues, and plan to effectively address them. Would you please consider contacting me? I would appreciate speaking with you to learn more. Tom Laborde Chief Operating Officer 707.975.5065

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Management doesn't care about residents or their families.

May 21, 2019 - Server in Shoreline, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Staff was always kind, $1 staff meals, getting to know residents and families was always wonderful

Cons

Minimum wage pay, even for care managers. Always short staffed, meaning residents almost never received decent care. Managment was never wiling to step in when care for residents was needed. Most of the managment sees the residents as bodies to fill the rooms, the more rooms that were filled, the more money managers make. The company makes the residents and their families pay for staff holiday bonuses, as is they dont already pay enough. They scam families into moving their loved ones into the facility by promising things they will never follow through with. They also liquidate resident properties to pay for their rent at aegis, if in the event a resident is struggling to pay for rent.

4 people found this review helpful

Aegis Living

Although it’s hard to hear the feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to write us. This gives us insight about specific issues and misinformation we need to address. One of the things that sets Aegis Living apart is our integrity. Caring for our residents and supporting the staff who work so very hard to care for them is our top priority. I am very proud of our genuinely passionate staff who are dedicated to caring for our residents. It has not been my experience that we view or treat residents and families in the manner you describe While we review staffing regularly, I will analyze staffing to ensure that we are meeting our residents’ needs, which is our policy and top priority. We are continually reviewing market wages to ensure we pay fairly and appropriately. Our Holiday bonus program was developed in direct response to requests from families and residents as an opportunity for them to express their appreciation to the staff; it is completely voluntary and we do not encourage families or residents to contribute. It appears that this is not your experience, and I would like to discuss this with you so we can immediately correct any inconsistencies with our mission. Please call me so I we can set up a time to meet and discuss. John Carpentier 425.466.3747

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Aegis is a great company ...But bad language and team work is a culture killer

Apr 24, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only reason i stayed working there so long was because the RESIDENTS and Culture There is a great culture in Aegis , to be honest the management needs room to have good communication with staff and good side is they are more concerned for the welfare of residents.There is always something new to learn from. The Ultra Modern dementia I loved the job but the pay was not enough

Cons

No 10 mins short breaks to help you mentally from working with stressful residents Very poor communication from Management to other staffs Bad language is really prevalent in Aegis , Team building was never there i hardly knew my chefs , Kitchen staffs and other care managers No paid short breaks Very low pay, Its okay for people starting to work but sick time is provided after 30 days Opportunity for advancement is another big concern it looked like those in Administration are more likely to move on than those in care positions No motivation to pick night hours

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

An appreciative employee

Aug 9, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The addition of new Employee Appreciation programs over the past year are an exciting perk, with awards of large cash prizes and trips. I believe this will help with employee retention--and it sets Aegis Living apart from the competition. I mean...who gives away trips to London, Disneyland, or $35,000 CASH to one lucky employee? Aegis Living does!! It's nice to see that our upper management gets really excited on the big drawing days. And we do appreciate the employee benefits: health insurance plan and Appreciation/Vacation Days for R&R.

Cons

The wages are low for many positions--especially Care Managers who, without them, Aegis would not be in business. Aegis has some of the most dedicated staff, many of whom would not need to leave if their wages were more sustaining.

Aegis Living

We hope you can make it to this year's Winterfest. We made some changes last year adding more new clothes and twice as many new toys. Each year as many as 700 families participate in Winterfest, enjoying food, music, games and gifts that help make their families' holiday season. We encourage you to share your suggestions with your General Manager or VP of Operations. Your ideas can also be added to your community's Black Box which will be reviewed and possibly implemented. We value all of our employees' feedback. - Tom Laborde Chief Operating Officer

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Hopeful Future. Great team!

Jul 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am blown away by the staff. From care managers all the way up to executives. Super smart people, who have the heart and guts to do their job. It is an honor to be a part of a team that genuinely enjoys bringing JOY to the lives of seniors. Instilling trust, intimacy and hope in our residents and their families. Very cool to meet so many people who are celebrating 5-10 year anniversaries! That says a lot about our company!

Cons

I would like us to be more competitive in paying our Care Managers. I'm excited about the new Employee Life Improvement Program that's being rolled out, that will hopefully raise wages, offer more opportunities for pay increases, and there seem to be a lot of other great perks with it, too. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Would also be nice to offer 401K Matching to FTEs.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very disappointing experience. Residents and family members should be top priority.

Dec 22, 2013 -  in Aptos, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pleasant work surroundings, beautiful and clean environment. Residents and family members are great. Staff overall are very nice and polite.

Cons

Communication between management and staff is lacking. Staff including management at times behave as if they are in a regular workplace not a place where people live. Poor scheduling by management and not enough care managers for the residents. Residents needs and family members concern often disregarded by upper management. Upper management many times exhibit unprofessional behavior and make negative comments about a resident or family member to other staff members. Life Neighborhood lacking in activities and only a few care managers seem to understand the importance of engaging the residents. Residents for majority of time watch tv which is turned up too loud while care managers text or eat.

Aegis Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We always encourage our employees to speak with their General Manager or VP of Operations if they have questions or comments about staffing, care or our Life Enrichment program. The care of our residents is vital. We staff based on the care needs of our residents. Please feel free to reach out. - Tom Laborde Chief Operating Officer

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews