KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Aegis Living Employee Reviews about "come to work"

Updated Jul 29, 2019

Found 28 of over 718 reviews

3.5
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark
Pros
  • "Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles(in 28 reviews)

• "Provides a kind, supportive work environment and good care to the older population(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The number of care managers is in short(in 25 reviews)

• "not enough care staff on the floor for how involved the care is for the residents(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aegis Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "come to work"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible Company to Work For

Jul 29, 2019 - Home Office Employee in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The heart is in the right place with this company. Complete commitment to serving an extremely vulnerable population. Great consideration is taken to provide roadmaps for employees to further their career and achieve their personal goals. I love coming to work each and every day. The culture is the foundation and it continues to bring in amazing people who help shape it and positive ways.

Cons

I have to dig exceptionally deep to think of things I am unhappy about at Aegis. At present, there is nothing on this list.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

May 23, 2019 - Marketing Director in Kent, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family atmosphere, my co-workers quickly became my friends. Working with our residents and their families is very rewarding. I love coming to work each day, where else do you get heart felt hugs throughout the day? Our residents are amazing and our staff is so friendly!

Cons

Residents pass, that is part of life and sometimes it is hard. It is helpful remembering that we were part of their journey and we provided loving care when they needed it most.

3. 5.0

Absolutely Incredible Company

Oct 26, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Servant leadership approach sets the stage for the culture. I remember my boss once telling me that the hierarchy is flat, from the dishwasher to the CEO. If there is a decision that needs to be made and we need a tie breaker then they will raise their hand but everyone is valued, everyone has a voice and everyone is treated with respect and dignity. In my previous company I was exposed to an incredible culture working from an entry level position into management over many years and I never thought I would find another company that would match this. Well Aegis has exceeded this bar and then some. When you have a company this size, serving employees coming from all walks of life and pay scales they're always challenges, some inconsistencies and the reality is that everyone isn't always happy. We live in an imperfect world but the difference with Aegis is they listen, they change and they care. The emotional intelligence residing in this company is the difference for me. Bottom line is that I love coming to work everyday and I am grateful to work for a company that is so committed to the experience for their employees and their residents.

Cons

We have the honor of caring for amazing seniors and the reality is that many of them are extremely frail. While it's humbling to care for this vulnerable population, it's also emotionally draining at times and difficult to deal with the loss.

4. 5.0

A Second Home

Aug 25, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Aegis for over 3 years and I have been fortunate to find a place where I can be myself and do what I love most in the world, brighten and enrich the lives of our residents . Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles. I do not have any family near by, so the residents and Aegis are a second home to me. I spend almost every holiday at Aegis, and there is no where else I would rather be than surrounded by my Best Friends.

Cons

Working at Aegis gives you the opportunity to love and care for so many residents. However, when a resident passes, it feels like you have lost a family member or your closet friend. But I remind myself that I was able to offer love and friendship to these residents through the last years of their life and that gives me peace.

13 people found this review helpful

Aegis Living Response

CEO

Thank you so much for your hardwork and dedication! We are honored you are part of Aegis Family! Dwayne Clark...Founder/ Chairman/ CEO

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

This is the best company I have ever worked for!!

Jan 21, 2015 - Life Enrichment Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Aegis Living is like being part of a family. They take great care to hire the best people, and I am blessed to work with an amazing team! Coming to work is not a chore. I feel like I'm coming to hang out with my very large family every day! My kids are welcome to come visit, and they think they have about 100 extra Grandmas and Grandpas. Every kid's dream! Work is fast paced, and every day is a little different, but I could not be more happy to help enrich the lives of our community's wonderful seniors! Aegis is great because they listen to all employees and their ideas, and everyone is valued.

Cons

Every job has its challenges. Working with seniors, some of whom are near end of life can be hard. It is hard to see people you care about age and pass away, but I know my life has been better for knowing and serving them, and I try everyday to make each day they have left have meaning and joy.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Working at Aegis Living has brought new purpose and meaning to my life.

Dec 24, 2010 - Assistant Executive Director in Aptos, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Aegis of Aptos 11 years ago and I can't say enough about how much I am enjoying working for Aegis. I have a big family now with co-workers, residents and families, that complete the meaning of having a good life. Aegis employees have the opportunity to make a real difference in the world. I started working at Aegis as a caregiver, and my devotion, enthusiasm, responsibility and knowledge were recognized all the time. Now as a manager I understand how important is to recognize and reward a job well done and to understand each individual's needs and strengths. Nothing can be compared with the pleasure of working in the right place, feeling happy to come to work, knowing that your effort will always be recognized and at the end of your day, you go home knowing that you made a difference in someone's life. Visitors and vendors tell us that when they walk in the building, they can feel the warm and sense of family immediately.

Cons

If you are not commited to provide the best of you for your residents, families and co-workers, this is not the right place for you.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

This company has been a breath of fresh air, professional, caring, compassionate, focused, flexible, supportive

Jan 22, 2015 - Life Enrichment Director in Fremont, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team work, friendliness of everyone who works here. There is a strong level of cooperation and obvious compassion towards the residents is evident from everyone who interacts with them. It is refreshing to come to work, be greeted by your colleagues and made to feel a part of the focused mission of the company and community in meeting the residents needs.

Cons

Communication is always a challenge, learning who to talk to about what and how to direct concerns from family members to the right person. Also, everyone is so busy that it seems difficult at times to find the time to connect with your supervisor or other management colleagues. I have found you have to look for the opportunity and make the time.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Always room for improvement, yet so far the best company I've been with

Dec 9, 2016 - Care Manager in Bellevue, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing and proactive management team who cares, listens, and helps employees. Most coworkers are friendly, some are even passionate and love what they do. Positive working environment is always a plus. High turn over rate is typical in this line of job, but they are working hard to address this issue. Great company to work for, especially at Bellevue location. Already advertise this company to any of my friends who are looking for job. Even come to work on my day off to hang out, that is how much I love this place and its people.

Cons

I had a chance to work with amazing people who cared so much about the residents. I feel like there should be a system to let employees to nominate or just give out kudos to those, it would be great. Some great work or dedication was not recognized simply because the management team cannot be there the whole time.

Aegis Living Response

Aegis Living

Thank you for sharing your feedback about working at Aegis Living. We're happy to hear that you have had a good experience your first year. We will work hard to continue providing you with a positive work environment and will discuss your recommendations to see how we may implement them. - Tom Laborde Chief Operating Officer

9. 5.0

Challenging and Rewarding

Sep 15, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've never worked harder in my life, but I love coming to work each day. My residents and my team feel like family, and I truly enjoy being with them daily. I like that no two days are ever the same. There have been various challenges throughout the years, but I do feel like hard work, talent, and passion have been recognized and rewarded, and the company has been increasing it's efforts in this area. It's not a job you can do half-way. You have to pour your heart out to be successful, but working with other driven, passionate people is what gives me the energy to come to work each day.

Cons

In the past, I do feel that the company struggled with adequately supporting staff in their roles. More recently, I have seen huge strides made in improving the support and appreciation given to staff at all levels. Due to the nature of the industry, days can be long at times.

10. 5.0

Excellence and Beyond...

Nov 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work for an awesome and amazing company! I come to work everyday knowing that I have the support I need to be successful in my career. The opportunities that are presented at Aegis are endless if you truly want to grow as a professional and an overall person. I love what I do - even more so I love the people I work with.

Cons

Time management is key when you work for Aegis. We are a growing company, which is great, but one needs to understand that with growth comes more responsibility on every level. All in all, stay focused, prioritize and use your time management skills wisely...

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews