Aegis Living "come to work" Reviews | Glassdoor

Aegis Living Employee Reviews about "come to work"

Updated Jul 29, 2019

4.0
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark
Pros
  • "Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles(in 28 reviews)

• "Beautiful and clean work environment(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Minimum wage pay, even for care managers(in 23 reviews)

• "No cons have been presented at this time(in 16 reviews)

Reviews about "come to work"

Return to all Reviews

"Incredible Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Home Office Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The heart is in the right place with this company. Complete commitment to serving an extremely vulnerable population. Great consideration is taken to provide roadmaps for employees to further their career and achieve their personal goals. I love coming to work each and every day. The culture is the foundation and it continues to bring in amazing people who help shape it and positive ways.

Cons

I have to dig exceptionally deep to think of things I am unhappy about at Aegis. At present, there is nothing on this list.

Advice to Management

Keep the door open as you do, continue to listen to your teams as you have.

Aegis Living2019-07-29
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Kent, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family atmosphere, my co-workers quickly became my friends. Working with our residents and their families is very rewarding. I love coming to work each day, where else do you get heart felt hugs throughout the day? Our residents are amazing and our staff is so friendly!

Cons

Residents pass, that is part of life and sometimes it is hard. It is helpful remembering that we were part of their journey and we provided loving care when they needed it most.

Advice to Management

Great training when onboarding, keep it up!

Aegis Living2019-05-23

"I’m a MCM, I’ve been working at the aptos facility for 2 years!"

Current Employee - Med Tech in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love this facility, my residents and my coworkers, I love that the GM and the ALD always recognize us when we do a great job and encourage us to do better! I enjoy coming to work to a place I feel appreciated! =)

Cons

I think everyday it’s a challenge to do better and succeed! So far I have no complaints, I really enjoy working here!

Aegis Living2018-03-21
  4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I look forward to coming to work each day. It is a blessing to be respected and work with such a diverse, likeminded group of professionals each day. Culture is held in such high regard that this rather than experience or skill is often the reason people are not selected in the hiring process leading to my previous statement of quality of co-workers.

Cons

It is not necessarily a con, but due to the strict hiring policy, we end up running very lean and some may consider it understaffed. I disagree and say I'd rather run lean than sacrifice the culture for a lighter and less profitable workload.

Aegis Living2018-01-26

"Absolutely Incredible Company"

I have been working at Aegis Living for more than 3 years

Pros

Servant leadership approach sets the stage for the culture. I remember my boss once telling me that the hierarchy is flat, from the dishwasher to the CEO. If there is a decision that needs to be made and we need a tie breaker then they will raise their hand but everyone is valued, everyone has a voice and everyone is treated with respect and dignity. In my previous company I was exposed to an incredible culture working from an entry level position into management over many years and I never thought I would find another company that would match this. Well Aegis has exceeded this bar and then some. When you have a company this size, serving employees coming from all walks of life and pay scales they're always challenges, some inconsistencies and the reality is that everyone isn't always happy. We live in an imperfect world but the difference with Aegis is they listen, they change and they care. The emotional intelligence residing in this company is the difference for me. Bottom line is that I love coming to work everyday and I am grateful to work for a company that is so committed to the experience for their employees and their residents.

Cons

We have the honor of caring for amazing seniors and the reality is that many of them are extremely frail. While it's humbling to care for this vulnerable population, it's also emotionally draining at times and difficult to deal with the loss.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your line staff, keep things like the employee Dream Big give always, keep hiring emotionally intelligent people.

Aegis Living2017-10-26
  6. "Aegis day is everyday!"

Business Manager in Aptos, CA

I have been working at Aegis Living for more than 10 years

Pros

I am so happy to call Aegis my second home. There is never a day I dread coming to work.

Cons

Seeing long term coworkers and residents leave.

Aegis Living2017-05-01
  7. "Always room for improvement, yet so far the best company I've been with"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing and proactive management team who cares, listens, and helps employees. Most coworkers are friendly, some are even passionate and love what they do. Positive working environment is always a plus. High turn over rate is typical in this line of job, but they are working hard to address this issue. Great company to work for, especially at Bellevue location. Already advertise this company to any of my friends who are looking for job. Even come to work on my day off to hang out, that is how much I love this place and its people.

Cons

I had a chance to work with amazing people who cared so much about the residents. I feel like there should be a system to let employees to nominate or just give out kudos to those, it would be great. Some great work or dedication was not recognized simply because the management team cannot be there the whole time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work that you guys are doing.Just amazing and positive working environment. Just the tiny change to the system, recognize more hard-work!

Aegis Living2016-12-10
  8. "Excellence and Beyond..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work for an awesome and amazing company! I come to work everyday knowing that I have the support I need to be successful in my career. The opportunities that are presented at Aegis are endless if you truly want to grow as a professional and an overall person. I love what I do - even more so I love the people I work with.

Cons

Time management is key when you work for Aegis. We are a growing company, which is great, but one needs to understand that with growth comes more responsibility on every level. All in all, stay focused, prioritize and use your time management skills wisely...

Advice to Management

Stay passionate. Stay motivated. Stay humble. Stay kind. Stay strong. Try your best on a daily basis and ask for help when you need it. We have awesome leadership at every level - take advantage of it - learn, grow and keep learning....

Aegis Living2016-11-03

"A Second Home"

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

I have worked at Aegis for over 3 years and I have been fortunate to find a place where I can be myself and do what I love most in the world, brighten and enrich the lives of our residents . Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles. I do not have any family near by, so the residents and Aegis are a second home to me. I spend almost every holiday at Aegis, and there is no where else I would rather be than surrounded by my Best Friends.

Cons

Working at Aegis gives you the opportunity to love and care for so many residents. However, when a resident passes, it feels like you have lost a family member or your closet friend. But I remind myself that I was able to offer love and friendship to these residents through the last years of their life and that gives me peace.

Aegis Living2016-08-25

"family"

Current Employee - Care Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

this is the best job i had. we all work together and support each other so we can make sure the residents are taking care of. we are like a family. the managers make us all feel like equals and peter always thanks us for coming to work. it makes me want to come to work all the time bc it is fun.

Cons

when a resident passes and we lose them and there family

Advice to Management

better pay is always appreciated

Aegis Living2016-08-02