KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Is this your company?

Add a Review

Aegis Living Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Apr 13, 2019

Found 22 of over 720 reviews

3.5
Aegis Living CEO Dwayne Clark
Dwayne Clark
Pros
  • "Each day that I come to work I am always greeted by so many smiles(in 28 reviews)

• "Provides a kind, supportive work environment and good care to the older population(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The number of care managers is in short(in 25 reviews)

• "not enough care staff on the floor for how involved the care is for the residents(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aegis Living and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Part-Time Employee

Nov 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely work environment. Filled with fabulous energy and individuals who want to make a difference in our residents lives

Cons

No cons have been presented at this time!

2. 3.0

Aegis -Care Manager

Apr 13, 2019 - Care Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

$1 meals, free coffee/tea Friendly care staff, kitchen staff, residents Free street parking Beautiful and clean work environment Great online training education Benefits at low cost 1 week of on-the-job training with experienced care managers Great communication with Wellness Nurses improves job outlook and performance Trades and pickups for shifts can be made easily online, which allows for a positive work/life balance and unexpected life events Building Manager is consistently available throughout the week to check on operations and is very much approachable

Cons

Very low pay is demoralizing and does not align with difficult economic times and does not match the level of work performed by care managers- compensation is a difficult subject to bring to the attention of upper management since it is uniform across -the- board. Time-based resident response system prevents individualized care, and often interrupts important radio transmissions Equipment is limited upon shift change Breaks often go unmet due to care for residents Some upper management communications with care staff are too direct and often ask rhetorical and confusing questions regarding resident care, which appear to try to elicit a wrong response- causes employee distrust with upper management and lowered morale Limited career advancement opportunities at this location and are not often presented to employees

4 people found this review helpful

Aegis Living Response

Aegis Living

Thank you for your service to our residents at Aegis. I am always thankful for feedback from our staff; it makes us a better company. The “pros” you mention are very encouraging to me. The “cons” leave me sad, yet eager to understand your position better. Staff pay and benefits, opportunities for advancement, supplies and technology availability to staff, and servant leadership are continual areas of focus for us. I take our responsibility to attract and retain positive, loving and dedicated staff members very seriously, so your concerns have piqued my interest. Your experience is far from our standard of practice, and I’d like to collaborate with you to help understand the issues, and plan to effectively address them. Would you please consider contacting me? I would appreciate speaking with you to learn more. Tom Laborde Chief Operating Officer 707.975.5065

3. 4.0

Aegis Living is Great

Mar 7, 2019 - Medical Technician

Pros

Cons

The wage is not super competitive

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Aegis Living provides a positive and fun work environment for it's employees.

Apr 4, 2013 - IT Technician in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is such a positive experience. We have a fun committee that helps ease the stress that comes with life. The staff works together like a family throughout the whole company. We can be hundreds of miles away and still work like a dream team. I have worked with many companies, including the military. This is by far my favorite and most rewarding job I have ever had. The executive team are not just shadows or flies on the wall, they have a presence in the work place. This is very important to myself and the company.

Cons

There are always some downsides to working at a company; whether it is your salary rate or too much stress. I can say without a doubt that this company, according my personal opinion, is doing a great job with supporting it's employees through compensation, benefits and fun activities that bring everyone together.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

There really is a company in today's world that walks the talk.

Aug 10, 2013 - Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Greatness is an expectation. That greatness isn't just measured by the how you do your job, it's also measured by how you treat others. I love the fact that being positive, supportive, and kind is a huge part of the expectation. It really makes for a healthy, productive and forward-thinking work environment. Aegis is a very sophisticated, entrepreneurial, caring and business savvy company...like no other. Make no mistake, though, that the company requires people to do their jobs, run their departments, and operate their businesses exceptionally. I cannot recommend Aegis more highly to someone who can drive value through services, is charismatic, is diplomatic and empathetic, and connects with people on a real and sincere level.

Cons

What you do at Aegis feeds the soul so effectively that one can tend to spend a lot of time at work. If you can balance that, and can become more self-actualized by it, then it really isn't a con at all.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's an honor and a privilege to be part of an organization that deeply cares about its employees and customers.

Apr 21, 2013 - Director of Construction in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

During my 23 year career, I have never worked for an organization that values the lives of its employees like Aegis. The work environment is challenging, exciting, collaberative, positive, and feels like family. The team ensembled here is nothing less than stellar, and the leadership is the strongest I have ever been associated with. I truly respect all of my colleagues, not only for their work ethic, but for their passion toward this organization and life itself. And it all starts with Dwayne Clark and the remarkable vision he has for this company.

Cons

The pains that come with a company experiencing major growth, but I would rather call them challenges and opportunities, than cons.

7. 5.0

Aegis Care

Apr 30, 2016 - Care Department in Corte Madera, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Aegis Corte Madera will keep you in a "Wow" posture! From communicating with resident to Happy Hour there is never a dull moment! Aegis staff is at the top of the pyramid because Happy staff promote Happy residents! Our Care staff go over and beyond on a daily basis promoting a positive work environment! Anyone that chooses to work at Aegis Corte Madera will be making the best decision and will have no regrets! We have an amazing Nursing Dept for LVNs that want to take their careers to the next level! We are waiting for you to bring your smiling faces and expertise to the table...

Cons

This is not necessarily a Con but We work extremely hard to provide quality and efficient care for all of our residents... My only Con is our community is humongous and it takes a minute to get to my destinations

Aegis Living Response

Aegis Living

We appreciate all that you do for your residents and for taking the time to pass on your experience to others. - Judy Meleliat

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great work environment that allows you to shine

Jul 20, 2012 - Corporate Office in Redmond, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment at Aegis is professional and fun. The company is very entrepreneurial in nature. You will be challenged to do your best and to raise the bar. Creativity is encouraged and ideas quickly move from concept to a working program or process. The team we work with is bright, caring and exceptionally talented. Aegis walks the talk and truly believes in the employee-first concept. Amazing staff in our communities provide loving, exceptional care for our residents. I enjoy working with my co-workers in the office and supporting the outstanding, hard-working team in the field.

Cons

You must have a love for seniors and a passion for superior customer service to be successful at Aegis.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Aegis is an inspiring place to work.

Jan 28, 2015 - Business Office Manager in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a privilege to serve the generation that has contributed to make the society I am able to enjoy. Dwayne Clark, the company CEO, has cultivated a work environment which encourages its employees to become the best they can be. It is truly a "family" environment and a pleasure to come to work every day.

Cons

We become extended family of those we work with and it is never easy to say "good bye" to our co-workers as they advance in their career path.

10. 5.0

Very rewarding--Wonderful Company

Jan 22, 2015 - Marketing Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

This Company truly lives the mission statement everyday. Wonderful team work environment that understands that happy employees will deliver excellent services to our residents. Excellent support and partnership from the home office team.

Cons

There is so many exciting things happening in the Community every day that it is easy to want to be engaged all the time and mess up your work/life balance.............but there is encouragement and focus from leadership for balance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews