Aegis Therapies Reviews

Healthcare

11h

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Hey everyone, I’m wanting to transition to tech from healthcare. I have 5 years experience, working front office (clinic scheduling, admin etc), currently back office (referrals, prior authorizations) , I have basic medical billing/coding knowledge & also provider credentialing experience. Any recommendations for tech roles that could be a fit with my background? I do NOT want to be in customer service or call center type role if at all possible though.

6 Comments

Healthcare

31.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Aegis Therapies~157608
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The company as a whole seemed to care about their employees and offered good benefits.(in 34 reviews)
  • "good pay for therapists etc(in 25 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers and moving expenses(in 13 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule (to an extent).(in 12 reviews)
  • "workers / flexible hours / workweek /License and CE reimbursed(in 12 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aegis Therapies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Director of Rehab

Sep 22, 2021 - Director of Rehabilitation
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, patient focused and very flexible!

Cons

No cons that I can think of!

Aegis Therapies Response

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for your positive review. We are grateful for the impact you make every day in the lives of our patients and team members as a Director of Rehabilitation. We especially appreciate the flexibility of each of our team members as they remain patient-focused and continue to provide physical, occupational and speech therapy services for patients across the nation. #WeLoveOurTeams

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Responding to Aegis's response to my last post

Apr 20, 2022 - Physical Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

See below as I cannot respond to your original comment on my post, thanks. -PT from Gary, Indiana area

Cons

Response: I understand that flexibility can be a good thing (traveling between 4 buildings, one being 90 mins away one direction before traffic), but the fact that the company was entirely unprepared for me to come and work turned me off to the employer and I left after 10 months there, so unfortunately I can't help give feedback on the start-up process to my manager despite leaving on good terms. I felt ignored for 10 months there waiting on Part A insurance while we squeaked by on Part B with immense copays each session. Professionals want to feel respected, considering that we make you your profits. We cannot do that if we don't have a clinic to work out of or proper equipment. This lack of preparation can't be spun in a positive light. They were ill-prepared and the Executive Director at each location couldn't stand them/wanted to break the contract. I worried about my license working here. I was told that "there were too many patients in the gym to show me the gym" on my Zoom interview before i accepted the job when in reality THERE WAS NO GYM YET. They didn't even have the room chosen and it wound up being a tiny apartment room, empty. Not a big fan of this look. I never felt like a PT here, just a money-maker.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Allows me to treat my patients how I see fit

May 15, 2022 - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Encourages the clinical side of therapy and allows me to treat for the length and style I deem appropriate

Cons

Staffing shortage impacts amount of required telehealth

4. 2.0

Poor

May 25, 2022 - Physical Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Initial pto is very good

Cons

Productivity and poor facilities no support

5. 5.0

Very Good

May 9, 2022 - Physical Therapist Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I do what I love and help patients

Cons

Trying to meet everyone's schedule and does not always workout but mostly though

6. 3.0

Rural Madison

May 11, 2022 - Occupational Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, great coworkers, ethical

Cons

Late Friday admissions need to be evaluated

7. 4.0

Review

May 10, 2022 - Speech Language Pathologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good payment and decent benefits

Cons

Varying hours and inconsistent hours

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent Job

Apr 23, 2022 - Restorative Aide
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice company to work for and a lot of educational opportunities.

Cons

Vacation hours are very minimal and you have to work every holiday and weekends.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

2/10

May 4, 2022 - Occupational Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have awesome team members Flexible schedule

Cons

Unrealistic expectations Overworked and underpaid Poor benefits, no 401K match No raises unless you’re a robot and perfect at everything No opportunities to grow or advance especially in terms of title and pay Get in significant trouble if 85% productivity isn’t met

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Cheap Company

Mar 28, 2022 - COTA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good consistency and reliability of workable hours in my full-time/main facility

Cons

Consistently reduce benefits, PTO No bonuses No raises Terrible insurance options No recognition or rewards for job performance Company is demanding concerning their productivity standards for therapists Do NOT allow full-time employees to work over 40-hours per week (expect that you will rarely have the opportunity to work overtime) Company tracks and focuses on minute/ trivial details of work performance and will hold meetings to hound therapists about these details rather than addressing any genuinely important concerns pointed out by therapists within their facilities Sizeable pay-cut in March of 2021 (this occurred after receiving no "covid"/"hazard"/"hero" pay during the pandemic) Does not care about you.

3 people found this review helpful

Aegis Therapies Response

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Aegis Therapies and being a valuable member of our team. You are a vital link between our patients and residents, and we are fully committed to refining the employee experience along with improving patient outcomes. Aegis is dedicated to clear communication, so it is important that you take any concerns directly to your supervisor to initiate changes. In support of CMS’s Triple Aim of Healthcare framework, Aegis is committed to being good stewards of our limited healthcare resources. One way this is achieved is through setting standards that help ensure that each person providing care is doing so in a way that is as meaningful as possible. Aegis Therapies is a pay-for-performance organization, and while we have experienced reductions as a result of the impacts of the past several years and the changing environment of our industry moving forward, these changes do not remove our commitment to provide opportunities for employees, including providing wage increases.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 440 Reviews

Aegis Therapies Reviews FAQs

Aegis Therapies has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 471 reviews left anonymously by employees. 38% of employees would recommend working at Aegis Therapies to a friend and 32% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Aegis Therapies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Aegis Therapies. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

38% of Aegis Therapies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Aegis Therapies 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Aegis Therapies to be work life balance, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Aegis Therapies Job Seekers