Aegis Therapies Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

2.8
Aegis Therapies President Martha Schram
Martha Schram
Pros
  • "Aegis boasts a wonderful support structure for continuing education and improvement of skills(in 22 reviews)

• "On top of rehab regulatory changes(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The on-boarding process was less relevant to me as it was mostly designed for physical therapists(in 49 reviews)

• "No raises yet high productivity expectations(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great management

Mar 28, 2021 - Physical Therapist in Terrell, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and team, flexible schedule

Cons

Contract company, smaller company, no raises

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for your review, and welcome to Aegis. We hope that your onboarding process is progressing well and that you’re enjoying being an important part of our team. Having a flexible schedule is one of the advantages of being a physical therapist and will fluctuate according to the needs of the patients we serve. Aegis Therapies remains a pay-for-performance organization. While we have experienced reductions as a result of the impacts of the past several years and the changing environment of our industry moving forward, these changes do not remove our commitment to provide opportunities for employees, including providing wage increases.

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

JUST FINALLY FED UP

Apr 4, 2021 - COTA
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. I really can't think of anything.

Cons

I've worked for this company twice. Left first for personal reasons. Came back because at the time was a exciting company and treated me well and HAD excellent benefits NOW.. instead of restructuring again and getting rid of positions that only require one or 2 people to do ..at upper management level not the frontliners. We all know most big companies are hugely top heavy. Now we have pay cuts and pushes for concurrent and group ( mainly folks because that's part of the contracts with the facility from when PDPM started.. for some could of been sooner) . We have to see patient for an hour whether its appropriate or not. I been with this company over 10 years and yes I am actively looking for a new job. . Id rather the response from Aegis not to be cookie cutter like I have been reading that the cuts have been so because of the new changes in reimbursement. I already feel like I didn't matter.. kicking myself that I was loyal and I stuck by you with no raises in 8 years only to get the last raise I got taken away. Loyalty got me no where.

1 person found this review helpful

VP Recruiting & Staffing

In the more than 20 years we have been in business, Aegis Therapies has put employee satisfaction and loyalty at the forefront of our goals as a company and have continued to endure through industry changes. We appreciate that you have stayed with us through that time and understand your disappointment. Recent changes including, PDPM, regulatory decisions and the current Public Health Emergency, had consequences that have affected our industry as a whole and have forced our entire industry to reevaluate clinical and business practices from the top down in order to continue to provide excellent care for our patients. As you know, we have implemented multiple changes throughout the organization in an attempt to avoid impacting our front-line employees, but ultimately, we had to make the difficult decision to reduce wages company-wide. We appreciate your longevity and loyalty and encourage you to talk with your DOR or any other manager to discuss your specific concerns and your individual experience before going elsewhere. In tumultuous times, more than ever, your feedback is important to us as well as your professional expertise as a COTA.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good experience overall

May 3, 2021 - COTA/L (Casual) in Plymouth, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Able to accommodate my schedule requests

Cons

some locations required extensive travel

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Crappy

Apr 14, 2021 - OT Practitioner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Only pro is the PTO time that I accrue. Although I can’t even use it without permission from upper management and I have to find my own coverage, which there isn’t any bc upper management wont hire PRN.

Cons

Company just implemented huge pay cuts to all front line workers. Company is pushing group therapy to increase revenue by reducing employee hours on the clock. Every single decision this company makes revolves around money. Not to mention I’m pretty much forced to participate in training off the clock. There’s too much to even talk about on here. Worst company ever.

1 person found this review helpful

VP Recruiting & Staffing

We are sorry for your disappointment and understand what a challenging time this has been. First and foremost, we strongly encourage you to discuss your concerns with a supervisor, HR representative or reach out to your Regional or Corporate leaders. We purposefully have many avenues open for communication so that we can discuss concerns and work toward a resolution. PTO is just one of the great benefits offered by Aegis Therapies, and we are committed to ensuring that all employees are able to take full advantage of all benefits, including PTO. Pay cuts are never easy, but unfortunately, with the multiple impacts to our industry over the past several years, Aegis, along with many other healthcare providers, recently made several difficult but necessary decisions to implement changes to our business. Along with many other cost-saving measures and restructures, Aegis ultimately implemented an across-the-board wage reduction that impacted the majority of our employees at 3.5% and our executive team at 4%. Working "off the clock" or not accurately recording time worked is strictly prohibited and violates company policy (HR 503). As a current employee, we strongly encourage you to work with your managers and follow the 4-step process outlined in HR 605 to address any concerns. As a reminder, all company policies are located in the Policy Center. Despite recent changes and challenges, our employees and patients remain at the heart of our organization. We will continue to do everything possible to offer support for our teams so they can continue to treat people and change lives every day.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Limited career growth

Apr 21, 2021 - Physical Therapist in Warner Robins, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training and education. Unlimited Con Ed offered through relias

Cons

Recent 3.5% paycut, no pay raises despite positive annual reviews

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for your review. Aegis Therapies is pleased to offer a strong continuing education program and we are happy to hear that you have taken advantage of it. The recent wage reduction was a disappointment to many and not uncommon across our entire industry. The implementation of PDPM/PDGM, COVID-19 repercussions and reductions in the 2021 Physician Fee Schedule led us to make this difficult decision. With over 20 years serving the therapy needs across the U.S., we continue to have strong hope for the future. We encourage you to discuss your concerns with your managers, despite recent changes, Aegis remains a pay-for-performance company with opportunities for wage increases and bonuses based on your annual review. Thank you for your commitment to helping people get better every day.

6. 4.0

Ok

Apr 22, 2021 - SLP
      Business Outlook

Pros

High salary, love my coworkers

Cons

High productivity, tough being contract in the facility.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nope

Mar 24, 2021 - Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA)
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits are good compared to not having any.

Cons

The location was very unorganized and misleading. I was "full-time" but was not getting the hours I should for full-time and to qualify for benefits. I was told it would get better with time however it did not. With COVID things are harder which is understandable but it was not suitable for a first-time job because it was hard to find other therapists and ask questions. There were no clear expectations, people came in at whatever time they wanted and left once all clients were seen. Weekly meetings were optional and not clear when they would be.

VP Recruiting & Staffing

We are disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet expectations, but your comments are helpful as we look at ways to make the onboarding process as smooth as possible. Although the Public Health Emergency caused unprecedented interruptions to the normal flow of businesses across the nation, we always encourage employees to take advantage of the multiple resources available to give feedback, and seek the support they need to provide excellent patient outcomes.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Their moto: company bottom line > quality patient care

Apr 20, 2021 - Physical Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Initially a competative salary, flexible schedule

Cons

Only heard from company if more expectations were added to our plate or pay was being cut. No raise after several years with company. Poor management (I honestly laughed at people who reported management was a pro)

VP Recruiting & Staffing

We are sorry to hear that your experience is not meeting expectations. Although we recognize that management styles vary, our hope is to empower you to do the best job possible as you provide physical therapy to our patients. We welcome feedback and continue to work on keeping the lines of communication open and to have a full understanding of what goes on at the clinical level. Even with the difficulties of industry changes like PDPM/PDGM, the 2021 Physician Fee Schedule reductions and a National Health Emergency, we remain strong and hopeful about the “new normal” that our industry is adjusting to. We will do everything possible to continue to provide clinical support for our teams in order to ensure we are consistently meeting our high standards of patient care and satisfaction.

9. 3.0

Ehh

Apr 6, 2021 - Part Time PTA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, pay, nice staff, good management

Cons

Very stressful, High productivity rate, focus is not quality care

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for your review. Hiring dedicated professionals is one of our most important tasks, along with ensuring the highest possible patient satisfaction. At Aegis Therapies, we review benefits and compensation regularly so we can remain a preferred employer in the industry. We highly value employee engagement and work closely with our leadership teams to ensure a supportive and collaborative work environment. In support of CMS’s Triple Aim of Healthcare framework, Aegis is committed to being good stewards of our limited healthcare resources. One way this is achieved is through setting standards that help ensure that each person providing care is doing so in a way that is as meaningful as possible. Through a ‘top of license’ approach, we support quality care by helping to make sure each clinician is fulfilling their primary role of providing patient care.

10. 3.0

I prefer not to rate this company

Apr 1, 2021 - Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) in Sleepy Eye, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I prefer not to rate this company

Cons

very difficult to get raises and never get bonuses

VP Recruiting & Staffing

Your feedback is important to us in order to continue to support our teams and be able to provide excellent patient care. At Aegis, we are committed to pay-for-performance compensation. This includes providing opportunities for wage increases and bonuses. As a current employee, please talk with your DOR, AVP, RVP or RDHR to discuss your options as well as your experience in more detail so we can move toward a better outcome.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 369 Reviews

Popular Careers with Aegis Therapies Job Seekers

Director of Rehab
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Physical Therapist Assistant
    Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
    Occupational Therapy Assistant
    Learn About the Job
    Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA)