Aegis Therapies Reviews | Glassdoor

Aegis Therapies President Martha Schram
Martha Schram

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Compensation of Patient/therapist building relationships and collaboration due to high minutes and high productivity expectations (in 16 reviews)

• High productivity, old equipment to work with (in 14 reviews)

1. "FT"

Former Employee - COTA/L in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - COTA/L in Greenville, NC

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexibility, fair benefits, CEU covered,

Cons

having to work on holidays, Saturdays, poor flexibility for PTO

Advice to Management

improve loyalty to therapists for length of service

"High Expectations, No Appreciation"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Marietta, GA

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

License renewal reimbursement, free CEU courses, CEU reimbursement up to $500, good work environment, fair use of PTO, 401K available

Cons

Expectations of therapists are constantly changing and typically increasing (i.e. Productivity, documentation, technology usage) with no acknowledgement or compensation for therapists positively adapting to changes. Employees verbally told "you're easily replaced" when requesting a pay raise. Made new grad pay rate on the first day with the company until 3 years later on the last day with the company. Making the same amount hourly as a new grad and having 3 years of experience is unacceptable and shows how much Aegis does not value it's employees and the work they do.

Advice to Management

When a rehab manager requests a pay raise for an employee(s), the request should be taken more seriously and actually addressed. If pay raises are in a "freeze" because the company is losing money, that information should be presented to the employees not swept under the rug and the requests ignored. It doesn't make sense that therapists are receiving exceptional performance reviews and then no compensation for their exceptional work and dedication to the profession. A shrug of the corporate shoulders is unacceptable.

3. "I feel like part of the team at Aegis,"

Current Employee - OTR
    Current Employee - OTR

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is interested in the furthering of my skills, and provides opportunities to build on my expertise.

Cons

The IT problems are extensive and hinder the work day flow.

Advice to Management

Please, fix the IT issues, so productivity is not affected.

"Aegis therapies"

Current Employee - PTA
    Current Employee - PTA

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gain experience with a wide variety of cases when you are a new grad.

Cons

No raises, terrible benefits, higher up decided to hire another full time staff member without the ability to support another full-time schedule, and no thank you from upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees if you want to keep them, reward them once in awhile, and give out at least a cost of living raise.

5. "Transparency no where to be found"

Former Employee - AR Specialist in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - AR Specialist in Plano, TX

I worked at Aegis Therapies (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, Hours, Location, Parking, Weather, Chairs.

Cons

Everything not listed above. Tasked with operating in an billing system that did not meet industry standards. Tried to communicate issues and needed fixes for a year only to have it fall on deaf ears.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

"Going well so far"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Department in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Department in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Continuing education, good relationship with my primary DORs, good benefits, competitive pay in my state (SD), always full time hours to be found even if you must travel (paid time and mileage), productivity expectations are typically attainable and no different from other SNF rehab companies, great team work between disciplines, high PTO accrual rate and have never had an issue getting this approved, can always find PRN therapists to cover if needed

Cons

Can be stressful filling hours, supervising PTAs, and scheduling between multiple sites as well as working with multiple rehab directors.
    Due to frequent travelling among sites, often writing progress notes/evals/discharges on patients I've never seen or never will see again.
    Often times issues are with nursing facility administration and not Aegis superiors.
    Can be excessive paperwork as PTAs do treatments that don't require notes, making meeting productivity expectation challenging. Point of service documentation limits quality patient interactions during days of multiple POC/progress notes/UPOC/DC.
    Have heard about lack of raises and high turnover rate, but I work with several therapists who have worked for the company 10+ years.

Advice to Management

Evaluations and required staff meetings need to be considered productive time. Otherwise, your productivity standard means nothing and encourages poor ethics and misrepresentation of evaluation time.

"Do not trust AEGIS!"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Ormond Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My direct supervisor and most of the team members were competent, professional and friendly.

Cons

A director at AEGIA hired me to work full-time in Ormond Beach, FL and was aware that I would be relocating from Jacksonville Beach, FL (1.5 hrs away). AEGIS even gave me a formal offer letter that I used to apply for a mortgage to buy a house in Ormond Beach. But almost right from the start AEGIS did allow me to work full-time hours because they had too many PTAs. (They allowed me to work only about 30 hr/wk.) So I had just bought a new house in a new town and no full-time job! And the Director knew I was relocating and buying a new house when they hired me! They did not care! I was unable to find another position in Ormond Beach so I had to move to accept another position in another town and am now renting out the house in Ormond Beach. My goal was not to be landlord!!

Advice to Management

Do your math !!

"A Nightmare of a Company to Work For"

Current Employee - COTA/L in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits that were offered were decent.

Cons

Poor work environment and unhealthy work environment. I had to work around rodent feces and bugs that were not taken care of by the facility. The administrator in the facility performed multiple abusive actions towards employees and Aegis Therapies never addressed issues, only to please the contract with said administrator. I was verbally harassed by administration at my base facility and disciplined by my Aegis supervisor for taking off work with physician documentation when I had the flu and additional respiratory illnesses that could have potentially harmed clients. This company is absolutely terrible. So many employees in my district had multiple issues with HR.

Advice to Management

You are obligated as a healthcare company to do what is right for your patients and not focus solely on $$$. You discipline and penalize your employees for having viral illnesses and needing to take off work in order to protect themselves and the well being of the patients? I have never worked for a company that had this mentality.

Aegis Therapies Response

Jul 26, 2017 – Regional Vice President

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very concerned about the environment you have described at your facility as well as your experience with your facility administrator, Aegis supervisor and HR... More

9. "Director of Rehab"

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time

Pros

Excellent, thorough training. Supervisor was fair and made work meetings fun! There was a team oriented atmosphere, they always stayed current on new regulations, the pay was competitive and they allowed flexible work schedules.

Cons

Overall, a great place to work. The only downside was the growth opportunities beyond the current director position was minimal.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing. Stay competitive with wages and review as the market changes. Continue to look at company structure so there is always room for growth.

"OT"

Former Employee - COTA in Lansdale, PA
    Former Employee - COTA in Lansdale, PA

I worked at Aegis Therapies (Less than a year)

Pros

Training provided in house for modalities

Cons

They gave lots of PTO hours that were never approved and they don't pay out when you leave. I lost over $1000 in PTO just to get out of that Co.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and you won't waste your time hiring and training new ones!