Aegis Therapies Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2020

3.4
Aegis Therapies President Martha Schram
Martha Schram
Pros
  • "Aegis boasts a wonderful support structure for continuing education and improvement of skills(in 19 reviews)

• "inhouse CEUs, focus is on Clinical enhancements, excellent career ladder(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Management, benefits, high productivity standards(in 21 reviews)

• "Supervisor took 3 hrs to do eval then treating therapist had to come in and completely redo as it was inappropriate(in 21 reviews)

1. "Aegis Is a Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Aegis Therapies part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment. Professional Staff. Recognition and development.

Cons

Really a great place to be.

December 30, 2019VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking time to review. Aegis Therapies endeavors to create an environment where our staff can meet the needs of customers while they continue to grow professionally. We strongly support employee development, and continuing education. What you do is not just a job, but allows you to make a difference every day. Thank you.

2. "Many Opportunities"

Former Employee - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Norton, KS

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a lot of Continuing Education available, both in person and online. Coworkers were easy to get along with and we worked together to get the best outcome for our residents.

Cons

Sometimes the travel for home health can be a pain. When census is low it can make it difficult because there are not many options to available for PRN work elsewhere due to be a rural community.

June 12, 2020VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking time to review. Aegis Therapies strongly supports employee development, and continuing education. With close to 800 classes and over 500 approved for CEU’s the program allows our employees to have access to continued professional growth. Patient care depends on quantity and acuity needs of the people entering the program. Because of this, it requires flexibility. Although a flexible schedule is one of the bonuses of being an Occupational Therapy Assistant, it can also be a challenge if there is a decrease in census or in a less populated region.

3. "Good and bad"

Current Employee - Director of Rehabilitation

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexiable schedule Support staff available but staff limited ability to reach out due to productivity

Cons

Poor leadership Unreasonable expectations lots of pressure to preform with no leeway. Exhausting to always exceed and out work peers but very little recognition.

June 30, 2020VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for being an important part of the Aegis legacy of quality care. The Director of Rehabilitation position plays an integral role in our ability to meet and exceed customer expectations and we work to ensure that all of our employees have the support they need in order to be successful. We encourage you to reach out to your Area Vice President and/or your Regional Vice President to address the concerns you’ve outlined here. This would give us the ability to more fully understand your comments and work together towards a solution.

4. "Good company"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good fair wages variable benefits

Cons

401k is a very minimal matching

May 28, 2020VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking time to review. We appreciate your input regarding benefits as we have a team that continually reviews the Aegis benefits package in order to remain on the cutting edge of industry expectations and competition. Our goal is to offer an attractive benefits package, knowledgeable management, strong compliance and most importantly, a commitment to patient-centered care. Hiring great people is our most important task. Compensation surveys help us to ensure that wage ranges are market competitive. In addition to competitive pay and many standard benefits, such as medical, dental and vision insurance, employees are offered a 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with a company match based on company performance. This feature is unique among our competitors and was added to our benefit plan after conducting employee surveys in which our staff specifically indicated that this offering is of great importance.

5. "Full time"

Current Employee - COTA/L in Effingham, IL

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility, able to work around appointments

Cons

No holiday pay, less family time

March 23, 2020VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for your encouraging review. You have been through so much industry growth and change over the years with us and we value your input. Flexibility is indeed a positive aspect of working in your position and depends on the quantity and acuity needs of people entering the program. Employees like you remain a vital link between patients and the communities we serve. We appreciate your investment in the lives of people.

"Encourages unethical behaviors through unrealistic group and concurrent treatment percentages."

2.0
    Former Employee - COTA in Glendale, WI

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uses casama smart and tablets for documentation

Cons

Unrealistic group/concurrent expectations even when not appropriate, high productivity standards and will lay off their best employees when contracts are lost

March 25, 2020VP Recruiting & Staffing

With the implementation of the new PDPM regulatory changes, many SNF’s have adapted with their therapy and interdisciplinary care teams to deliver therapy per CMS guidelines and according to the specific medical complexities of each patient. Our productivity standards are based on a team staffing structure, and depend on the quantity and acuity needs of people entering the program. Because of this, it requires flexibility. Aegis Therapies is incredibly proud of our clinical staff and their commitment helping people get better every day.

7. "Okay, depends on DOR"

Current Employee - SLP in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't know. It was a job oay was okay and vacation time was okay

Cons

You can never use your vacation time. Putting pts into groups without knowing anything about them

March 3, 2020VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking time to review and for being an integral part of Aegis Therapies patient-centered care. We trust our staff with our mission to “make a difference every day” and we give them the freedom to handle their schedules for paid time off and vacations with anticipation and the priority of meeting the needs of our patients. With 88.5% employee retention, we know we are continuing to build a solid team of professionals who impact the variety of clinical settings they work in. Thanks for being part of the team.

8. "Clinical growth"

Current Employee - COTA/L

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clinical growth through company provided continuing education

Cons

Limited ability to grow in company high outcome expectations poor maternity leave

February 13, 2020VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking time to give your feedback. We understand the challenges of balancing efficiencies in cost, patient satisfaction and high outcome expectations. Patient care and outcome expectations depend on the quantity of care and acuity needs of people entering the program. Aegis Therapies is incredibly proud of our clinical staff and their commitment helping people get better every day. Regarding maternity leave, our staff is given the choice of several coverage options and our goal is to offer an attractive benefits package for each team member. We are grateful for your service to our customers High performance has increased opportunities, and we hope that as your commitment and professionalism continue to rise above, you will find opportunities to grow within the organization.

9. "Flexible"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Allentown, PA

I worked at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours with good pay

Cons

Communication could be better

February 19, 2020VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for taking time to review. A flexible schedule is one of the bonuses of being a therapist and at Aegis, we make an effort to provide competitive wages. We are committed to clear communication standards and accessibility across all of our teams and we are continually working on how to better inform our staff, keep the lines of communication open, and have a full understanding of what goes on at the clinical level. Our employees remain a vital link between patients and the communities we serve.

10. "Clinically Driven Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Aegis Therapies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Aegis has always made decisions based on the needs of the patients and has allowed me expand on my knowledge base in areas where I had less comfort. Would recommend this company to other therapy professionals.

Cons

I see no cons at this time

December 30, 2019VP Recruiting & Staffing

Thank you for your review. As a tenured employee of our organization, it means a great deal to read about your positive experience. “We treat people not patients” is not just a tagline but is at the heart of all we endeavor to do at Aegis Therapies. We are pleased that you have been able to increase your knowledge and professional skills through the educational opportunities we offer. We hope you will continue to experience professional growth and fulfillment with our company. Thank you for all you do for our customers every day.

Found 309 reviews