AeroCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work, only downfall is a trouble making co-worker."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at AeroCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved working at the corporate office, good benefits, good supervisor and upper management.

Cons

Co worker harrased constantly, I couldn't speak up because I didn't want to cause issues. But this lady spent too much time complaining constantly about upper management boasting of having disagreements with our department supervisor and "having put her, in her place". This lady was very disrespectful and unprofessional. I truly enjoyed working there, but, sadly I am glad to be gone and not dealing with her any longer. But don't get me wrong the company is a great place to work.

2. "corporate america"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AeroCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lower class coworkers are helpful

Cons

training insufficient, patients are not priority, it's all about the numbers & $

Advice to Management

treat your employees kind, you're job is worse with a high turnover

3. "Service Technician"

Former Employee - Service Tech in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Service Tech in Houston, TX

I worked at AeroCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Take home company car.

Cons

NATIONAL LABOR BOARD VIOLATIONS
    Mary Beth is a hideous looking woman who is POWER DRUNK.
    Workload distributed unfairly.
    If you're a favorite, you get paid to sleep in the company car, get off on time and never perform on-call like everybody else.
    ON-CALL schedule sucks.
    LOW pay.
    Arrogant managers. No accountability.
    A culture of fear and intimidation exists to discourage bringing issues to managers.
    Unprofessional overall environment.
    PURELY UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY.
    High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

People will always move on because of your sorry culture. Accept that.

4. "Currently employed great upper management"

Current Employee - Delivery Tech in West Pittsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Delivery Tech in West Pittsburg, PA

I have been working at AeroCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good support from regionals and above. Small independent offices throughout the nation to make you look better when selling services

Cons

Insurances make it a difficult industry to work due to all the cuts in the industry. Persistence in the market will pay off

"Payment poster"

Former Employee - Payment Poster in Montrose, CO
    Former Employee - Payment Poster in Montrose, CO

I worked at AeroCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have Good insurance benefit and time off benefit. They are flexible with the schedules which really is mice. There is not a dress code.

Cons

Not allowed to talk. They are very controlling. Do not ever disagree or question management or they will make your work life miserable. They tell us repeatedly how good they are to the workers. Low wages.

Advice to Management

Please make the supervisors accountable for their actions.

"Cheap Greedy Corporation that gives NOTHING back to the community and treats elderly customers like dirt ."

Current Employee - CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at AeroCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Well its a pay check. That's about it... No one seems to be in charge , so chaos is the norm , which is not so great because we end up understaffed because no one is left to mind the store...We are told one thing and then told something different... High turnover.. If you love to be frustrated and in the dark as to how you should handle customer issues this is the place for you . If you are comfortable with your manager not getting back to you when you send a message , or taking time off when ever the want to this is your place.

Cons

No training ,no follow up, corp too disoraginezed & too greedy, no one is ever on the same page. total disaster. Feel sorry for our customers they get the run around. Some poor woman with cancer was told that due to her income and lack of insurance she could get free supplies as a charity case ,she had been a paying customer for nearly a year, I looked at the notes on her account and sure enough local area manager told her that she qualified and also one of our male bosses who is the head of billing for her area , problem was she was trying to get someone to call her back ,,,poor lady has been trying to talk to some one in management for nearly 2 months , and was just ignored... then other managers told her NO ....the company DOES NOT have any charity ......

Advice to Management

get your act together ,it is pretty appalling when a manager and ALSO the head of billing , either lie to a customer OR both of them are giving out FALSE information your lack of empathy for clients is appaling , I guess its easy to take advantage of our mainly elderly & sick patients ,,, greedy company with no compassion or sympathy . Money is their GOD ! I stay to help the helpless ,,,, because this is one company who could care less if someone can afford to pay for some paltry $ 4 supply. Have had to deal with clients who can not get managers to call them back or mid management who have NO CLUE as to company procedures >.. As for values this company has NONE . they give nothing back to the communities they serve ,,either in charity , outreach, donations, or volunteer hours ... I have been here several years, no raises for anyone that works around me... but I'm sure the CEO and CFO get yearly raises.

7. "Could be a lot better"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at AeroCare (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, casual dress code, good computers

Cons

All the Managers care about is their money.

Advice to Management

Reward employees

8. "Great job, little appreciation for hard work."

Former Employee - Driver in Kingsport, TN
    Former Employee - Driver in Kingsport, TN

I worked at AeroCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair pay, great benefits, enjoyable job. A lot of driving time in a company vehicle. Satisfaction of taking care of people in need.

Cons

No evaluations, no chance to advance, no appreciation for hard work. Company does not realize when they have good help

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, a good hard worker is hard to find

"Not a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at AeroCare full-time

Pros

Love the patients, and that's pretty much why I'm still here

Cons

This company only cares about the bottom line. They are too busy trying to grow that they have fallen behind on customer service. They put more training into their sales reps than they do their CSR's, whom they don't train at all. You have to just learn as you go. No two offices do things the same. The owner doesn't care about his employees and treats employees horribly in front of other employees. No one communicates what needs to be done from the regional level to the office managers. Haven't had a raise in 4 years.

Advice to Management

Invest in who is making you the money. CSR's. Training is key, and everyone should be on the same page. You have no clue.

10. "Worst company to ever work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at AeroCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hour lunches, no dress code

Cons

Money hungry management, they dont care about the customers, and without them they wouldnt be a company! There is absolutely no ourselvesat all we taught ourselves so later down the road when mistakes are made you get fired. They bill the patients for things they dont need nor receive. They are a fraudulent company that should be investigated. Management is terrible.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.