AeroFlow Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Casey L. Hite

Pros
  • family like atmosphere, great benefits and lots of opportunity to advance (in 4 reviews)

• I love my job and upper management is awesome if you ever needed to talk to them about issues they are always addressed (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very fast paced and always evolving (in 6 reviews)

• Too much work for one person because not everyone pulls their weight (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great job. Great company"

Current Employee - Subcontracting Customer Service Representative in Asheville, NC

I have been working at AeroFlow Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management doesn't micro manage all the wrong things. They care about their employees and making them happy as well as their customers and providing outstanding customer service. You get a lot of freedom.

Cons

It is fast pace so if you are not able to change and adapt at a quick rate it won't be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Upper management is great in making Aeroflow feel like a family and not a dead end job.

2. "I Love My Job!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Asheville, NC

I have been working at AeroFlow Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome work atmosphere, coworkers are like family, great benefits. I've been with the company for almost 2 years now and have moved up quite a few times. Hard work definitely pays off, so you must bring your A-game, but its absolutely worth it. My boss is the best I could ask for; If you need anything at all, he is someone that you can go to and he has your back. I couldn't ask for a better place to work.

Cons

This job can be difficult at times, I'm not going to lie. You have to be very focused and want to do your best each day. If you bring this to the table you wont have any problems. Also, sometimes your work wont always be acknowledged, but be patient because eventually it will come.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the underdogs a little more. They do a lot more of the background work that you don't always see. They definitely deserve more praise than what I see.

Dec 20, 2016 – President/CEO

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We will continue to work on our recognition, and be sure that those who do the work get the praise they deserve.

3. "My review"

I have been working at AeroFlow Healthcare full-time

Pros

Flexiable hours, uncapped commission,

Cons

Low base salary, inconsistent management

Advice to Management

Be More prepared, organized and consist

"GARBGE!!!!!"

Former Employee - Fax Sorter in Waynesville, NC
    Former Employee - Fax Sorter in Waynesville, NC

I worked at AeroFlow Healthcare full-time

Pros

I have to write at least five words. Nothing!

Cons

Absolutely everything!. Managment is laughable, the clean up crew literally respects us and listen to the employees more. They hire family members without any experience other than breathing and even that's a strectch for some. The harder you work the more they pile on responsibilities (without proper compensation) just so supervisors can take a million smoke breaks and phony meetings. The building in itself is deplorable!!.Roaches, fruit flies and stink bugs everywhere, a carpet as old as Moses and bathrooms that a caveman would be offended to use. This company is generating $50-$100 million a year and they can't install new carpet, hire extriminators or decent bathroom facilities? This company is built on greed and it's only getting worse the more they "grow". Any postivie reviews on this site are completely fabricated!. They ALL say the same thing and give no specific examples of why it's a great place to work other than meeting some cool people.... that's what bars are for.

Advice to Management

You people are hopeless.

Dec 20, 2016 – President/CEO

We're sorry to hear you were so displeased with your experience at Aeroflow. We've certainly had our challenges with facilities this year, but have actively worked to ensure this is a great company ... More

6. "The Bad Posts about this Company are ALL WRONG"

Pros

I am shocked to read any negative reviews about this company. I worked at Aeroflow for almost a year, and would have stayed if my husband’s job did not require us to move out of the state. Anybody posting a negative review about Aeroflow was probably terminated (for good reason); and rather than taking responsibility for their own failings, they post poor reviews about the company that fired them in effort to shift blame from themselves.
    Aeroflow’s management works hard to make it a great place to work. They genuinely care about their employees and patients. Do they hold people accountable?... “YES”..Good companies do not allow “bad hires” to bring down the rest of their team.
    My Teamleader met with me at least once a week to learn about how she could make my job more enjoyable. She listened to my ideas and we worked together to implement them. The CEO is genuine, and funny as heck!
    If my husband and I ever move back to North Carolina, I would go back to my old job in a second!

Cons

The fast pace and large volume of work can be overwhelming. Better documented processes would go a long way to help reduce stress.

Advice to Management

Be more careful about who you hire so you don’t have to deal with the backlash of terminating a bad employee.

7. "Aeroflow Healthcare. A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Billing Manager in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Billing Manager in Asheville, NC

I have been working at AeroFlow Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A family type atmosphere with infinite possibilities of growth and development towards your professional goals. Aeroflow will help you achieve greatness! Detailed training and management assistance is a heavily important aspect to our team building and professional staff. We pride ourselves in our new mission: The 3 C's. Community, Co Workers and Customers.

Cons

Communication is key when providing outstanding services to customers. Communication suffers within this company yet all employees work towards more effective communication each day.

Advice to Management

Please communicate to employees if their job status or duties are being changed. Employees that do the job on a day to day basis might have further insight to the issues being addressed.

8. "Great Company!"

I have been working at AeroFlow Healthcare full-time

Pros

Aeroflow cares about their patients and employees.

Cons

Rapid growth has thrown some challenges at Aeroflow; however, management has responded in a professional manner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Hard Workers Beware"

Pros

It was a job, as long as you do your work you should be ok.

Cons

You don't get anywhere unless you know someone or are tight with employees. They never do team meetings with outside offices. They give you insurance company claims that literally were not worked since the previous biller worked them which can be months to a year. You never get caught up with any of the billing. They don't train you properly with selling of equipment in outside offices so you're basically on your own.

Advice to Management

Grow up and listen to your employees, not your buddy buddies. Your company is going to burn to the ground unless you make changes to team leads and other managerial staff quick.

Oct 11, 2016 – President/CEO

Thank you for your feedback. Your concerns are being addressed with management to ensure that we have consistent training and communication in all of our locations.

10. "Solid Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

I have been working at AeroFlow Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my work and the people. Great spot to work!

Cons

I have no complaints so far.

Advice to Management

Constant communication!

"Questionable Ethics, Poorly Managed, A Lack of Professionalism"

Pros

I do not have any pros, other than meeting a couple nice people (who have since quit too).

Cons

I am going to just do a basic writeup because I was constantly getting emails making me reverify my statements for my prior review.

I'll say this. I worked as a Patient Care Coordinator for less than three months. I would have quit, but simply put I needed the money and Asheville isn't great for jobs. I take my job and my work ethic very seriously. As an educated, and career industry professional in healthcare, there is a certain "decorum" and expectation of professionalism one expects. That is why I was so aghast during my time there. I have never worked in a place that felt like such a garage business, fly by night operation. That place left me traumatized.

What I witnessed and experienced went beyond anything I could have ever imagined in a healthcare environment. I cannot tell you how frustrating it was having to dealing with patients whose issues were not resolved by management, and were what I consider to be unethical and potentially life-threatening. So much so that I notified several state agencies and filed complaints. (It is my understanding that some of these issues have been corrected/stopped since according to paperwork I received from the state.)

Key Highlights:

While I was there I observed a building in poor conditions. I had roaches, ants and fruit flies on me while sitting at my desk.

There is no actual training provided. You merely sit with individuals who don't really want you to sit with them.

I observed liquor bottles in the employee fridge, empty kegs and piles of garbage.

I stepped in urine and observed feces on the walls.

Twenty-five years in hospitals, call centers and offices and it was there that I observed the most outright, most blatant nepotism I've ever seen.

Management who do not fulfill their duties.

Would get 200 emails every week. Subject headers: "I have to poop" "Who took my Cristal [sic] Pepsi. Maybe 3 were work related.

I saw some people work hard, I saw a lot of walking around and once spent 4 hours with a rep in my "training" who spent the majority of the day putting people on hold so that he could buy earrings for his girlfriend on amazon and a dog for his other girlfriend on craigslist--while texting and taking calls on his cell.

They encourage college grads to apply, but pay below an Asheville living wage and more than three dollars less than the national average for workers in this field/position.

Advice to Management

Running a company with a frat party atmosphere and paying low wages is not the way to run a business, or attract skilled professionals. Walking in and seeing the beer pong table while tripping on the dilapidated, frayed carpet makes me feel like I'm in a college freshman's crappy apartment.