Aerohive Networks "current employees" Reviews | Glassdoor

Aerohive Networks Employee Reviews about "current employees"

Updated Mar 23, 2019

2.6
Aerohive Networks CEO David Flynn
David Flynn
Pros
  • "Company struggled a bit, but has fresh direction for products and hired great people to move things forward(in 9 reviews)

• "Flexible work hours, not much expected of you, stocked break room(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company wouldn't put value on stock options, and said only "we won't have a reverse split before IPO(in 5 reviews)

• "The majority of Aerohive's board of directors is composed of current employees(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "current employees"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place To Be a Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aerohive Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really exciting work environment; great management team; lots of internal opportunities for advancement; great benefits; we tend to take chances on some employees who show great work ethic that other companies might overlook; lots of fun team outings; plenty of peer support; great senior leadership team that is always available

Cons

The on-boarding process for new employees needs improvement; the management track for current employees needs improvement as well (both are on the road-map, but they should be prioritized)

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your current employees who have a proven track record; make sure a clear and defined management track is available for employees who have shown interest

Aerohive Networks2015-08-03

"Train Wreck"

Former Employee - Channel Account Manager

I worked at Aerohive Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The technology - it's pretty good, and they have some cool competitive advantages when it comes to wireless.

Cons

Wow . . . where to start . . . 1. Leadership. There isn't any. Aerohive has a collection of micro-managers and no true leaders. It's depressing. 2. The culture. It's toxic. (I've experienced back-stabbing first hand.) Plus, go to the company HQ, and it's eerily quiet. Lots of whispers. Even the sales floor is quiet for 20+ people that are supposed to be on the phone all day. Lots of other people seem... to work from home for a reason. 3. Strategy. Ask 30 different people what they think Aerohive's strategy is, and you'll likely get 30 different answers. 4. Pay. They're not very competitive in today's market. And when good, loyal employees finally find out how much they've been underpaid for so long they have left for greener pastures with nary an attempt by Aerohive to keep them. 5. Turnover. It's endemic - especially in the sales department. Quotas are high; morale is low, and the current sales management has only made it worse over the past two years. (Some sales territories have turned over 3 or 4 times in just two years.) 6. Executive accountability. There isn't any. The majority of Aerohive's board of directors is composed of current employees. And they don't seem inclined to shake things up in the C-Suite despite FLAT sales over the past FOUR YEARS. But hey - at least they're profitable now. (Profitability is now achieved primarily by workforce reductions.) Any shake-up of the company would have to come from the outside, and for a company with only a ~$250M market cap . . . well, no one seems to care. (But there are those numerous lawsuits that the company has been hit with from angry shareholders over the past several years . . . )

Advice to Management

Sell the company, and never try and run another one again. You're not cut out for it. Stick to developing products since you can't develop people, let alone lead them.

Aerohive Networks2019-03-23

"The key to promotion is the competition"

I worked at Aerohive Networks full-time

Pros

Having to come up with 20 words on the plus side is hard because it was an awful experience and I ran as quickly as possible. I did make some friends who I hope to work with again at a more functional company that is much less political.

Cons

Aerohive doesn't trust current employees to do new things, so you will spend a lot of time listening to management talk about how hard it is to hire talent to do new things for the company. Most managers would much rather leave the job open for a year while the market moves on than give anybody a chance to do something. We hear a lot from management about how we were going to be a cloud company, but we couldn't... attract the necessary talent and didn't let any of the smart people internally figure things out. The only way I saw to break this was to come in with a job offer from the competition, so the path to promotion starts with an exit interview.

Advice to Management

Let your employees grow inside Aerohive, otherwise they'll grow externally. When current employees spend a lot of time listening to you talk about how you need something but they aren't good enough, they leave.

Aerohive Networks2014-08-26

"Dead end jobs with bad comp and no career growth"

I have been working at Aerohive Networks full-time

Pros

Reading fake reviews planted by HR on glassdoor is good for a laugh. (Why not fix the culture instead of shilling here?)

Cons

Aerohive pays below market, and then makes up low salaries by giving share options. With stock in the tank (and having been reverse split), package is not competitive. Many people are leaving, and much of the top talent is interviewing. Small pay goes along with dead end jobs. Aerohive is a good place for young staff to get promoted, but I can only think of one person who has contributed enough to be promoted to a... management job. In other words, management says all the right things, but when push comes to shove, they don't believe many current employees have contributed much to their success so far because none of them have earned a promotion.

Advice to Management

Adjust compensations to market. If you can't make the stock go up, increase pay to market rates. Be honest about what turnover means, especially in departments where it is high.

Aerohive Networks2014-11-04