Aerotek Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 50 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money with the base salary (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 299 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 108 reviews)

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con"

As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

2. "Great Values, Great Culture, Great Experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will really have a great experience working with Aerotek if you value the company of like-minded professionals and hard work. You will spend a lot of time at the office as a recruiter & account manager, but it will pay off if you work hard.

Cons

There can certainly be a high degree of office politics.

Advice to Management

Loosen up the strict office schedule requirements and focus more on performance.

3. "Recruiting"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training on recruiting process and sales cycle

Cons

Micromanage. Must hit your goals before you leave the office before you leave the office for the day.

4. "You get what you work for."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are awesome. Co-workers are all very friendly - it's like a family away from home.

Compensation is amazing. You truly get rewarded for the effort you put in.

Cons

It is a stressful position because you can't control what other people (the contractors) do. There are a lot of amazing times when you help change their life for the better, but there are also moments when they don't show up for work and you have to explain to clients where they are.

Long hours - have to be accessible whenever the clients need you to truly be a partner to them.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I did medical device sales before coming to Aerotek in 2013 and I have never once regretted it. At Aerotek you can be given the opportunity of a lifetime, but it is based solely off your determination and willingness to put in the work. We are a recruiting firm so our business and the work that goes into each day is based on client needs which can change quickly, so it does consist of long hours at times, but the reward is great. Something that should standout as well, is the investment of the company back into its employees through benefits and growth and development opportunities - it is all there. The longer I am with the company, the more I continue to learn... There are a lot of very smart individuals in this company with a wealth of knowledge!

Cons

This is not an 8-5 or a 40-hour work week job. If that is what your goal is this is not the job for you. In order to be successful, you need to put in the work and effort, but the reward is worth it. We are often in the office from 7:30am - 6:30pm. However, again, it is worth it when the time is put in.

6. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and company culture. Pay is okay for the market. Account Managers get cell phone allowance and car allowance which is nice.

Cons

Aerotek only hires from within so if you want to join the team, you'll have to do it as a 13 week hourly recruiter making $35K/year. That's usually hard pill to swallow for anybody with any sales experience. Little diversity, too. All recruiters seem to be college aged kids (for better or worse). Management plays obvious favorites which makes it hard to get promoted unless you're well liked and one of them.

Advice to Management

You need to start hiring talent from outside of Aerotek.

"Great Company!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aerotek offers all types of positions from recruiting, recruiting into sales, back office support, national sales roles to support larger clients, administrative roles, billing, etc. The company is always growing, expanding and rolling out new roles which makes it a great place to work with endless opportunities.

In the sales/recruiting roles - there is un capped commission as well as large bonuses paid out quarterly if you are a top performer.

Everyone is always open to giving and receiving feedback as well which helps you develop into an amazing business professional.

Cons

No "cons" - Aerotek just needs to continue to stay extremely relevant in a competitive industry!

Advice to Management

Keep developing your talent and dominating the local markets!

"Aerotek"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aerotek has by far been the best decision I have made in my career thus far. The training and development you get from day 1 shows how much the company believes in their employees and how much they want them to succeed. I love the people I work with and actually look forward to coming to work everyday. The growth opportunity is exponential and doesn't have a time line. I love that i have the ability to interact with all types of people on a daily basis and can really create working relationships with my internal employees as well as clients. I can honestly say Aerotek is one of the best places to work.

Cons

I don't think there are too many downsides. You do work longer hours, but you get out of it what you put into it.

9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    Great leadership
    Great opportunity

They help you develop in your career and value training.
    High visabilty with executives allows you to meet the "behind the scenes" geniuses.

Cons

Get ready to hustle and travel.
    Long hours, but usually worth it because you are there with your partners.

10. "Get the DBO situation together"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Probably one of the best places to work if you're just starting your career. You'll quickly develop a strong work ethic and get a ton of feedback on how to better develop yourself. You'll also learn how to be comfortable being out of your "comfort zone".

Cons

The expectation that even if you're 5+ years in and multi contest winning that you will work the same long hours that you were when you were first starting out.

That you're still working when you're on PTO and if you aren't that you'll get a bunch of feedback because something went wrong. It's staffing... something is always going wrong.

The politics that you see as you progress. You don't see much of it as a Recruiter, but it's there and if you're not 100% bought in and saying "yes, sir!" regardless of if you agree or not then you'll be shunted aside and left out of conversations.

Advice to Management

You really need to fix the DBO turn around. During my tenure I've only seen one DBO stay or be promoted. Either you're not promoting the right people into the role or your not setting them up for success. Either way the fall out sets the entire region back and the desire to want to be a DBO decreases from your AM pipeline.