Aerotek Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.8
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 50 reviews)

• We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 302 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 110 reviews)

1. "BD- Staffing Services"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Aerotek (More than 3 years)

Pros

career development, competitive pay

Cons

I have had no bad experiences

"Great recruiting agent"

Current Freelancer - Inspector in Medford, NY
    Current Freelancer - Inspector in Medford, NY

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Tommy Marino is an excellent recruiter. He got me a job quickly that I enjoy and has been supportive even after I got my position. Really great guy who will work hard for you!

Cons

There are no cons that I am aware of.

3. "Happy with Aerotek."

Current Freelancer - Credentialing Specialist in Middletown, NY
    Current Freelancer - Credentialing Specialist in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with recruiter Liz Berlin out of the Suffern, NY office was and has been awesome.

Cons

None. I have been happy so far.

4. "Aerotek staff was very helpful"

Current Employee - Histotechnologist in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Histotechnologist in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Aerotek has great HR professionals. Highly recommend Aerotek as #1 on your list as a staffing agency.

Cons

Aerotek staffing personnel was very helpful in finding the job for me, they are very organized, caring and knowledgeable.

Advice to Management

Special Thanks to Cori Murray, Nicole Carr, Nicole Ambrose for terrific work with contract employees.

"Real Job, Real Challenging, Real Rewarding"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I've only been at this company for about 4 months now, I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a challenging, fulfilling job.

- Great pay. I'll admit when they told me how much I'd be making as my starting salary, I was emphatic.
    - Very talented and knowledgeable managers: Every single manager at this office is in their position for a reason. They were all excellent recruiters and therefore know exactly what advice to give and when to give it. So far my Account Managers have helped me tremendously and really given me a sense of directions, every single time I've thought that I hit a road block.
    - Diverse Group of Employees: There are all types of different people (at all different ages that work here). I personally wanted to work in an office that had people my age and this company is perfect that. My coworkers are constantly going out and doing things on the weekends, so I always have people to hangout with outside of work, which makes our relationships stronger at work as well.
    - Rewarded for Results: You will work REALLY hard at this company, but it does not go without being noticed. Hard work and positive results DO get noticed and you will be rewarded for it. If the office or your particular team has a good week, you'll get half days or an early start to the weekend and that's really nice to have.
    - Progression: Every single person at this company cares about your progression and they're willing to help you get to where you need to be (despite how busy they are). I have meetings with my managers, mentors and friends just about every single week to discuss how I'm doing/feeling and where I may be struggling. No struggles go very long without getting diagnosed and if someone in the office can tell you're struggling, they do not let it continue.

Cons

- Very metrics driven: I wouldn't say this is necessarily a "bad" thing, but sometimes it is a bit overbearing. Realistically, a company needs to have a set of standards and a vision for what success is. On the flip side of that they also need to have a quantifiable standard for failure as well. This company has a specific set of performance standards that they expect to be hit each and every week. IF metrics aren't your thing, then this might not be the job for you.

- Work Life Balance "can" suffer: You need to be VERY disciplined if you're going to work here. Disciplined AT work so you can get everything you need to get done in an adequate amount of time, and disciplined at home as well so you can prepare yourself to be ready once you get to work. IF you tend to be somewhat all over the place and not very disciplined, then this job is definitely not for you, because your work-life balance will suffer. However if you're a disciplined person or can learn to become so, then yes you will be working long hours but you'll be able to balance everything just fine.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to keep valuing your employees and their individual progressions as you do. Your concern for everyone's individual progression and well being is why I love working for this company.

"Tough but rewarding"

Current Employee - Account Recruiting Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Recruiting Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to advance: The company has done a great job of laying out multiple career paths in the past couple of years. There is now more than just one career path. If you are willing to put in the work you will have the resources to be with the company long term.

Hard work pays off: This job is certainly not easy. As you are going to be building up your "book of business" you must put in long hours and really commit to the cause. This is truly an "earn it" and "prove it" company. There is nothing handed to you but it is achievable.

Transparency: Everyone knows where they stand at any given time due to the metrics of the role. There are many metrics that are factored in but the metrics are put in place to lead to the success of the business as well as personally.

Cons

This position is definitely not for everyone. There is very rarely an immediate reward for hard work that is put in within the first year. The biggest thing that people must keep in mind is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel as long as you continue to dedicate yourself.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide your employees with opportunities to grow. There is a balance that needs to be struck between work and life that could be communicated more throughout the organization however expectations for new recruiters are clear from the start.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an easy job out of college no matter what your major, You can use this role as a great stepping stone to get into Human Resources/Corporate recruiting. Also, this job builds on work ethic, organizational skills, critical thinking, and strategic planning.

Cons

Benefits, Management, Clique/Favoritism type of environment, No Work/Life Balance, and no real growth. Only positions available are in sales (Account management and Recruiting).

8. "Job Placement Success"

Former Freelancer - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Freelancer - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

Pros

The recruiter in which I have had the pleasure of working with goes by the name of Terrance Williams. He is a very delightful and cheering person. He really knows how to represent the companies in which he is seeking to fill the position with. His verbal communications skills and knowledge enlightened me and I look forward to my future opportunities with the company.

Cons

I really couldn't find any.

Advice to Management

If you want you business to grow you should really keep people like Terrance around.

9. "Excellent Agency"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Customer Representative in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Customer Representative in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Agency with Excelent jobs opportunities and salaries.

Cons

Nothing negative about this Job Agency at all.

10. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Earning potential is there and they provide good training.

Cons

Very metrics driven, frat boy type of culture. A lot of the people are dishonest and will stab you in the back when given the chance. Work/life balance is horrible as well.

Showing 57 of 2,808 reviews