Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

1,983 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money with the base salary (in 46 reviews)

• Aerotek gives you an ability to make a lot of money and develop yourself at a faster rate than most companies who employ recent college graduates (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work/life balance - 60 hour weeks are the norm (in 259 reviews)

• No work/life balance and a very structured environment (in 91 reviews)

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con"

As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

"Solid Career Path"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you put in the effort, potential is limitless. If you want to coast and just be an average employee, you will work a lot of hours and probably won't be as happy in your career

Cons

50+ hour work week. Personally don't mind the hours, they're necessary to excel here. If you don't want to go above and beyond, this isn't the place for you.

3. "I drank the Kool-Aid and it was delicious!!! Hawaiian Punch!"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved loved loved working for Aerotek, I was sold on the company within the first five minutes of my interview with the DBO. I knew it was the place for me immediately after the interview wrapped. The culture, lasting friendships, skills and techniques you pick up are priceless. The experience being employed at Aerotek was well worth it, even if you come to the realization that Sales is not for you... like I did. Being at Aerotek taught me so much and I will always be appreciative of that.

Cons

Account managers are in charge of training with the goal to eventually promote their recruiters. Well, I think this con is only specific to my account manager, not of the whole company because there were great, amazing, supportive AM's in the entire office. I just got a less than desirable hand dealt, that's all. So if you get a bad egg, don't be afraid to voice it, whether it be to your AM directly or to another AM you trust and know they have your back and voice it.

Advice to Management

Keep finding, building and promoting good, honest, passionate people and your company will continue to soar.

5. "Great Company with Awesome Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Been with the company for almost 5 years and its been great! Hard work pays offs. I've been promoted 3 times in 5 years! The company rewards its employees, and truly care about your success. Aerotek invest in its employees and I truly believe its one of the best companies to work for. Income potential, advancement opportunities, great company culture, competitive partnerships, and impact on people are all great things Aerotek provides.

Cons

Long hours at times, but it worth it. Anyone looking for a career that will provide growth, stability and competitive partnership Aerotek is the place. From time to time you may work a 9-10 hour day.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees both personally and professionally! Love the direction we are going.

"Recruiting into Sales"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The people are great (clients, co-workers, contractors)
    2. The opportunity for advancement
    3. Competitive but fun

Cons

1. Hours-Balancing family life and Aerotek doesn't exist
    2. "Flavor of the month" activity drivers
    3. Rich get richer. poor get poorer

Advice to Management

Recruiting now and recruiting when Aerotek started is very different. Selling Aerotek services in a 2 mile radius vs having the whole state of MN is different. Competition out in the field is fierce and there are 3-5 competitors at most of our clients.

Advice:
    Change commission structure so that recruiters and sales managers see more of the commission earlier on.

7. "Engineering Tech"

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Great company, really gets you placed where you want to go.

Cons

None that I know of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing!

"Customer Support Associate"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

great training, company is invested in your development. Young, fun atmosphere

Cons

days can be long at times

"Entry level Recruiter"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

The company culture is amazing - the reason I come to work is because of the people.

Cons

There is no work/life balance - 60 hour weeks are the norm

Advice to Management

pay attention to your recruiters - they are burning out fast

"Frat House Culture"

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is based on the Team Rule, basically saying that you owe it to your teammates to provide feedback letting them know how they impact you. This can provide the basis for tremendous personal and professional growth. There is also the opportunity to progress into managerial and leadership roles very early in your career here. If you like to travel, drink a lot (build relationships), have a frat boy/sorority girl/collegiate athlete/professional athlete background and have little to no industry experience you could be very successful here. It is not uncommon for people to spend 10+ years in a Director level or higher and have deferred comp in excess of $1M.

Cons

The workforce is generally young and energetic. If you are older than 35, unless you are applying to a legal/HR/Compliance role, don't expect to get an interview. And if by chance you do get a job, don't expect to advance your career much. The leadership team operates very much like a fraternity. They will dangle advancement opportunities in front of you and give you vague feedback in an effort to break you down/change who you are. Don't be fooled, they post opportunities simply to protect themselves from discrimination/HR issues even though they already know who will be getting these positions. Further evidence of this is that despite their focus on Diversity and Inclusion, the only Diverse leadership is in either the Legal, HR or the D&I departments (ironically the exact departments that would be responsible for defending the company from a discrimination claim). All this while we thump our chest about the job not being a "40 hour/week" job. So the atmosphere can feel an awful lot like you're working your tail off in return for a lot of false hope.

Advice to Management

Ownership needs to look at who is leading the company. The CEO has appointed all of his buddies to SVP positions while the CFO has done the same with his Directors. You won't fix the culture by keeping the same-old-style of leader at the helm of the ship. Additionally, the company continues to create leadership opportunities thinking that this will lead to growth. Once again, we don't need more leaders, we need better ones.

11. "Decent Job."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is good and the people are nice.

Cons

Long hours. Don't expect a work life balance

Showing 1,983 of 2,446 reviews