KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Aerotek Reviews

Updated Sep 23, 2021

Found 4,782 of over 6,452 reviews

3.5
Aerotek President Tom Kelly (no image)
Tom Kelly
Pros
  • "Great people, strong investment into their talent(in 178 reviews)

• "Family Oriented Work Environment(in 138 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's really tough on your work-life balance(in 590 reviews)

• "Long hours, no work life balance(in 453 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aerotek and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

You'll learn a lot

Jul 21, 2021 - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and people you work with. The outings and free events

Cons

Dealing with the most unreliable product....People

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Recruiter

Oct 30, 2015 - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con" As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

726 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Difficult but character-building.

Nov 3, 2017 - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The main thing that made my time at Aerotek so valuable was the absolutely awesome group of Recruiters and Account Managers. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed getting to know all of my coworkers; I'd be hard-pressed to pin down a single person in "The Pit" that I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching for any help, whether it be regarding work, or personal life. -The high intensity work environment really pushed me to be the best I could be. The (VERY) high feedback culture is definitely not for everybody, but if you are the type of person that wants to improve at the fastest rate possible through direct confrontation, this is a great place to get yourself kicked into gear. -Lots of perks including snacks/coffee in the office, free lunches when you meet with contractors/candidates, and an occasional office bonding trip somewhere in town.

Cons

-This was my first job out of college, so to be fair, I don't have any previous experience to base things on. However, I can say that for me personally, the hours were the toughest part of the job. 12-hour days were common, giving me no time to have any sort of social life outside of the office during the week. -"Process" of firing employees (see below).

309 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pyramid scheme, Call center, whatever, they prey on young ambitious grads.

Sep 4, 2021 - Recruiter in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a few that do get rich, I’d say 4/100. The management does a good job of keeping everyone pretty greased up at every opportunity. They love to constantly provide opportunities for the whole office to go out and get hammered, provide a steady flow of excuses to drink in the office, etc.

Cons

This company is a revolving door of ambitious young business grads promised to get rich quick by making an enormous amount of phone calls during their 12+ hour days of “selling” terrible jobs. If you are one of the few selected favorites of one of the account managers, they may take you under their wing. Then, and only then will you have a great opportunity to exclusive easy-to-fill reqs. If not, well then you’ll be on a 12 hour hamster wheel of phone calls all day making money for your account manager and taking home pennies. They will make you stay late, come in on weekends, do whatever it takes to get their lame jobs filled. Keep in mind you’re convincing people to leave their job to take a terrible job that the company that hired Aerotek was unable to fill. Typically because the job sucks.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent start company for college students

Sep 22, 2021 - Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Aerotek is a solid job for an fresh college student. I ended up working there for 2 years after college. The health benefits were okay and flexibility working remote was a nice perk.

Cons

The thing I wasn't fond with was the excessive amount of favoritism within recruiters to managers to directors. More people just needed to be held accountable. Often times the expectations are so inflated and not even attainable. The commission pay could've been more.

6. 2.0

Culture of Stress

Sep 5, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay scale Company celebrations Generous PTO

Cons

The culture is very toxic depending on what branch or office you are in. Management in the office I worked in was fear mongering. There was no true development piece. You were expected to “just figure it out” and if you didn’t you were ostracized. Popularity politics were constant. Many “successful” recruiters and managers heavily relied on drugs such as aderall to function and meet standards and utilized overt consumption of alcohol to mitigate stress. They would also be protected for fireable offenses because they were considered money makers. To name a few offenses there was sexual assault, sexism, being drunk/high on the job, and we were encouraged by managers to illegally fill out contractor paperwork’s such as i9 information. I have literal trauma from my time working there.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Good Company

Sep 23, 2021 - Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Contractor in San Bernardino, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are accommodating, and a good company to work for

Cons

None it is a good company

8. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 23, 2021 - FSG
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO and benefits at this job

Cons

None that I can think of

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ok

Sep 22, 2021 - Data Entry Clerk
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, weekly pay, a temporary job

Cons

Short contract, don’t know if you will ever be permanent

10. 4.0

Great Company

Sep 21, 2021 - Senior Sales Manager in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic culture and top notch leadership

Cons

Have to manage large teams while still managing a thriving sales territory.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,782 Reviews