Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

Todd Mohr
1,184 Ratings

2,850 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you are looking to make a lot of money, this is the job for you" (in 64 reviews)

• "Aerotek offers the opportunity to make a lot of money, but it will by no means be handed to you" (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • "The term "work life balance" is a common topic for some" (in 412 reviews)

• "no work life balance - heavy hours" (in 147 reviews)

1. "Great place"

Pros

Accommodating and easy to work with

Cons

There were not any cons.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con"

As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

"Difficult but character-building."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The main thing that made my time at Aerotek so valuable was the absolutely awesome group of Recruiters and Account Managers. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed getting to know all of my coworkers; I'd be hard-pressed to pin down a single person in "The Pit" that I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching for any help, whether it be regarding work, or personal life.

-The high intensity work environment really pushed me to be the best I could be. The (VERY) high feedback culture is definitely not for everybody, but if you are the type of person that wants to improve at the fastest rate possible through direct confrontation, this is a great place to get yourself kicked into gear.

-Lots of perks including snacks/coffee in the office, free lunches when you meet with contractors/candidates, and an occasional office bonding trip somewhere in town.

Cons

-This was my first job out of college, so to be fair, I don't have any previous experience to base things on. However, I can say that for me personally, the hours were the toughest part of the job. 12-hour days were common, giving me no time to have any sort of social life outside of the office during the week.

-"Process" of firing employees (see below).

Advice to Management

When I was let go from Aerotek, it was done very unprofessionally. I was pulled into a room completely out of the blue, and told that it was my last day. This alone would be understandable, but they wouldn't even let me go back into the office to clean up my desk or grab my extra belongings (I'm still in touch with a former co-worker to bring me back my coffee mug and water bottle). In addition, I had a lunch interview scheduled with a candidate for 30 minutes later, and multiple others that week. They took my computer away so I couldn't tie up any loose ends, with no way to inform these people that I would no longer be able to meet with them (I still met with the candidate I was scheduled to interview later that day, since he drove over an hour to get there. I had to take notes on a brown bag since my laptop and notebook were both taken from me back at the office. You're welcome for keeping your reputation intact, Aerotek). For a company whose motto is "Our People Are Everything", this was quite a pitiful showing of ignorance toward both me and the candidates I was working with.

Here's my advice: Have some respect for the people that have put blood sweat and tears into your company. I know I wasn't by any means a top performer, but I did my very best from day 1 and I got kicked to the curb with absolutely no warning or opportunity to plan for my next step. In a business with such high turnover, leaving all former employees with a bad taste in their mouth will bite you down the road.

4. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of money to be made if you put the time and effort into it. They also only promote within which is very nice knowing there is always room for growth in the company. You also accrue a lot of PTO and if you give a couple weeks notice you can and will get that time off.

Cons

Yes the hours are a little long but in the end it will pay off. Certain account managers will micro manage if needed

5. "Former Employee"

Current Employee - Internal Recruiter
    Current Employee - Internal Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great company with lots of growth potential!

Cons

no cons that I can think of!

6. "Very effective in what you expect out of this relation."

Current Employee - Intern Architect in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Intern Architect in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are clear about the things they need to know from you to find a good-fitting job. They focus on your personal goals as well as their own to form a mutually benefiting relationship. They gave good professional tips.

Cons

The initial process seemed weird with no communication with the employer, and they placed an initial pressure on me not to make a bad image for Aerotek. .

7. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of growth opportunity and money to be made. Management and peers are all very knowledgeable and are always willing to help. Great work environment that makes coming to work pleasurable and engaging. Lots to learn and do on a daily basis keeps you feeling productive and accomplished.

Cons

Hours are not your typical 9-5 which can be a turn off to some but with so much to do on a daily basis, you will realize how fast time flies while in the office. Putting in the extra few hours each day will really jump start your career and reward you in the long run.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership and culture! you all make coming to work everyday a pleasure.

8. "Special Place - great values, great company."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is no better place to be if you're interested in developing yourself, both personally and professionally. It's an excellent company to learn from others and turn your weaknesses into strengths - the company will give you the time and resources to do so. Aerotek is leading the way in industry in terms of growth and is innovative and ahead of the curve when it comes to best practices to do business. The other great part- the people! Everyone has fun while working together to reach a common objective.

Cons

The company expects performance, it will always be the main thing. In a highly performance based culture, there is pressure and accountability. If you're not the type of person that can deal with that level of visibility, it's not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep giving everyone opportunities for growth and development and keep promoting a culture of winning!

9. "Great company"

Pros

Works well with schedule, provides a good amount of work experience

Cons

none that I can think of

10. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aerotek offers you the chance to develop yourself both personally and professionally in a competitive, feedback rich environment. Working hard is definitely a part of the culture here, but you get out what you put into the company. I've fundamentally changed who I am as a person in so many positive ways because of the great people/culture that Aerotek fosters. I would highly recommend working at Aerotek to any of my friends/family.

-Feedback rich environment
    -Constant growth/development
    -Fun/Competitive Culture
    -Career advancement
    -Salary/Bonus potential

Cons

A lot of people will talk about a lack of work/life balance, but that doesn't have to be the case. Yes, working at Aerotek can be difficult/stressful at times, but this is typical at most jobs. If you seek advice, and are diligent with your time, you don't have to work long hours. I know plenty of successful people in the company who leave on time every day because they're focused and don't deviate from what they need to do each day. It's all about how you manage your time and work each day.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the great culture and development that has kept me here for the past 3 years. I'm truly grateful for what Aerotek has given me and enjoy being part of such a unique and empowering company!

Showing 2,850 of 3,685 reviews