Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr
1,197 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you are looking to make a lot of money, this is the job for you" (in 66 reviews)

• "Aerotek offers the opportunity to make a lot of money, but it will by no means be handed to you" (in 62 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is not the best" (in 425 reviews)

• "no work life/balance (which director openly admits)" (in 154 reviews)

1. "Authorization and appointing rep"

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Management was good. They were always helpful. It was a good learning experience.

Cons

I have no complaints about Aerotek.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con"

As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

"Difficult but character-building."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The main thing that made my time at Aerotek so valuable was the absolutely awesome group of Recruiters and Account Managers. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed getting to know all of my coworkers; I'd be hard-pressed to pin down a single person in "The Pit" that I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching for any help, whether it be regarding work, or personal life.

-The high intensity work environment really pushed me to be the best I could be. The (VERY) high feedback culture is definitely not for everybody, but if you are the type of person that wants to improve at the fastest rate possible through direct confrontation, this is a great place to get yourself kicked into gear.

-Lots of perks including snacks/coffee in the office, free lunches when you meet with contractors/candidates, and an occasional office bonding trip somewhere in town.

Cons

-This was my first job out of college, so to be fair, I don't have any previous experience to base things on. However, I can say that for me personally, the hours were the toughest part of the job. 12-hour days were common, giving me no time to have any sort of social life outside of the office during the week.

-"Process" of firing employees (see below).

Advice to Management

When I was let go from Aerotek, it was done very unprofessionally. I was pulled into a room completely out of the blue, and told that it was my last day. This alone would be understandable, but they wouldn't even let me go back into the office to clean up my desk or grab my extra belongings (I'm still in touch with a former co-worker to bring me back my coffee mug and water bottle). In addition, I had a lunch interview scheduled with a candidate for 30 minutes later, and multiple others that week. They took my computer away so I couldn't tie up any loose ends, with no way to inform these people that I would no longer be able to meet with them (I still met with the candidate I was scheduled to interview later that day, since he drove over an hour to get there. I had to take notes on a brown bag since my laptop and notebook were both taken from me back at the office. You're welcome for keeping your reputation intact, Aerotek). For a company whose motto is "Our People Are Everything", this was quite a pitiful showing of ignorance toward both me and the candidates I was working with.

Here's my advice: Have some respect for the people that have put blood sweat and tears into your company. I know I wasn't by any means a top performer, but I did my very best from day 1 and I got kicked to the curb with absolutely no warning or opportunity to plan for my next step. In a business with such high turnover, leaving all former employees with a bad taste in their mouth will bite you down the road.

4. "Great Team Atmospher"

Current Employee - On Premise Manager
    Current Employee - On Premise Manager

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture promotes constructive criticism and individual growth.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of transparency when transparency is needed. This is typically countered if you ask questions.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

5. "Great Sales Program and competitive environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to be highly compensated and offer lots of vacation.

Cons

401k match and health insurance are below average

6. "Work hard, play hard!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, tons of professional development, good commission structure, rewarded and celebrated for hard work, everyone is rooting for your success, fun team bonding and celebration events

Cons

Not a ton of opportunities for growth unless you hit a contest or want to go into sales. Work life balance can be tough. Heavily performance based (if you're not into high volume activity, would not recommend)

7. "Like company I work for."

Current Employee - Mechanical Assembly in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Mechanical Assembly in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They get you in position to work.

Cons

The pay is too low for experience.

Advice to Management

Don't be too greedy.

8. "Great entry level opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Training and Development opportunities

Cons

Health benefits are expensive and the company culture is outdated.

Advice to Management

Be less "out of site, out of mind," it allows your onsite leaders to be okay with being mediocre. Morale is important for a company to succeed.

9. "Sales and recruiting Internship"

Pros

Great opportunity to gain office experience and grow within the company

Cons

Work/life balance is not the best

10. "Administrative assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Marysville, OH
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Marysville, OH

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule and pay was competitive with local businesses

Cons

Need better benefits (vacation and health)

Advice to Management

More communication with employees about benefits