Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

Todd Mohr
1,156 Ratings

2,787 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent Comp Package, Work hard play hard" (in 93 reviews)

• "If you are looking to make a lot of money, this is the job for you" (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • "The term "work life balance" is a common topic for some" (in 401 reviews)

• "no work life balance - heavy hours" (in 144 reviews)

1. "Current Contractor"

Current Employee - Contractor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Contractor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aerotek(Columbus, OH) has been nothing but wonderful to me. They helped me find a job very quickly and with ease. They take you under your wing and walk you into interviews and first days to help make transitions easy. I interviewed for a few positions under them and when positions didn't work out for various reasons, they never gave up on me. They really listened to what I was looking for and I now love where I work. I would recommend working with Aerotek to anyone who is looking for a job and is willing to be a contractor. They truly care about their people.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because it's clearly working!

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con"

As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

"Difficult but character-building."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The main thing that made my time at Aerotek so valuable was the absolutely awesome group of Recruiters and Account Managers. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed getting to know all of my coworkers; I'd be hard-pressed to pin down a single person in "The Pit" that I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching for any help, whether it be regarding work, or personal life.

-The high intensity work environment really pushed me to be the best I could be. The (VERY) high feedback culture is definitely not for everybody, but if you are the type of person that wants to improve at the fastest rate possible through direct confrontation, this is a great place to get yourself kicked into gear.

-Lots of perks including snacks/coffee in the office, free lunches when you meet with contractors/candidates, and an occasional office bonding trip somewhere in town.

Cons

-This was my first job out of college, so to be fair, I don't have any previous experience to base things on. However, I can say that for me personally, the hours were the toughest part of the job. 12-hour days were common, giving me no time to have any sort of social life outside of the office during the week.

-"Process" of firing employees (see below).

Advice to Management

When I was let go from Aerotek, it was done very unprofessionally. I was pulled into a room completely out of the blue, and told that it was my last day. This alone would be understandable, but they wouldn't even let me go back into the office to clean up my desk or grab my extra belongings (I'm still in touch with a former co-worker to bring me back my coffee mug and water bottle). In addition, I had a lunch interview scheduled with a candidate for 30 minutes later, and multiple others that week. They took my computer away so I couldn't tie up any loose ends, with no way to inform these people that I would no longer be able to meet with them (I still met with the candidate I was scheduled to interview later that day, since he drove over an hour to get there. I had to take notes on a brown bag since my laptop and notebook were both taken from me back at the office. You're welcome for keeping your reputation intact, Aerotek). For a company whose motto is "Our People Are Everything", this was quite a pitiful showing of ignorance toward both me and the candidates I was working with.

Here's my advice: Have some respect for the people that have put blood sweat and tears into your company. I know I wasn't by any means a top performer, but I did my very best from day 1 and I got kicked to the curb with absolutely no warning or opportunity to plan for my next step. In a business with such high turnover, leaving all former employees with a bad taste in their mouth will bite you down the road.

4. "IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay nice work environment

Cons

Benefits are expensive but they offer them

5. "Engineering Talent"

Current Employee - Engineer in Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoy the assignment I am on. Recruiter worked hard to get me good opportunities and worked to get me good compensation.

Cons

None specifically outside of the normal downside of consulting, namely, the uncertainty

6. "GREEEEATTTTTT"

Current Employee - Chemical Technician in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Chemical Technician in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had such a great experience overall with this company. I was working with Pedro and it always was a great experience with him. They introduce you to new and exciting careers that you can grow from. Great incentives. Great people. Great company. I would recommend them to anyone anyday.

Cons

I honestly have nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job you are.

7. "Administrative assistant"

Pros

Great company, friendly environment, flexible hours, benefits package, room for advancement

Cons

Need more pay change options and benefits information

8. "Amazing!"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

- Fast career development
    - Great benefits
    -Awesome recruiters

Cons

None that I could think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "HR"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

good company. Treat employee well

Cons

There is no downside i can think off

10. "Great company"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Great company to develop your skill as recruiter and build knowledge in different divisions within Aerotek. Great work life balance and great team building.

Cons

held to high metrics and sometimes can be discouraging

Showing 2,787 of 3,599 reviews