Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

Todd Mohr
1,051 Ratings

2,589 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • can make a lot of money if you work very hard (in 58 reviews)

• Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • The term "work life balance" is a common topic for some (in 370 reviews)

• no work life balance - heavy hours (in 134 reviews)

1. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Strong culture, metrics based, development and feedback to get you successful.

Cons

The career path is not for everyone

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con"

As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

"Difficult but character-building."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The main thing that made my time at Aerotek so valuable was the absolutely awesome group of Recruiters and Account Managers. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed getting to know all of my coworkers; I'd be hard-pressed to pin down a single person in "The Pit" that I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching for any help, whether it be regarding work, or personal life.

-The high intensity work environment really pushed me to be the best I could be. The (VERY) high feedback culture is definitely not for everybody, but if you are the type of person that wants to improve at the fastest rate possible through direct confrontation, this is a great place to get yourself kicked into gear.

-Lots of perks including snacks/coffee in the office, free lunches when you meet with contractors/candidates, and an occasional office bonding trip somewhere in town.

Cons

-This was my first job out of college, so to be fair, I don't have any previous experience to base things on. However, I can say that for me personally, the hours were the toughest part of the job. 12-hour days were common, giving me no time to have any sort of social life outside of the office during the week.

-"Process" of firing employees (see below).

Advice to Management

When I was let go from Aerotek, it was done very unprofessionally. I was pulled into a room completely out of the blue, and told that it was my last day. This alone would be understandable, but they wouldn't even let me go back into the office to clean up my desk or grab my extra belongings (I'm still in touch with a former co-worker to bring me back my coffee mug and water bottle). In addition, I had a lunch interview scheduled with a candidate for 30 minutes later, and multiple others that week. They took my computer away so I couldn't tie up any loose ends, with no way to inform these people that I would no longer be able to meet with them (I still met with the candidate I was scheduled to interview later that day, since he drove over an hour to get there. I had to take notes on a brown bag since my laptop and notebook were both taken from me back at the office. You're welcome for keeping your reputation intact, Aerotek). For a company whose motto is "Our People Are Everything", this was quite a pitiful showing of ignorance toward both me and the candidates I was working with.

Here's my advice: Have some respect for the people that have put blood sweat and tears into your company. I know I wasn't by any means a top performer, but I did my very best from day 1 and I got kicked to the curb with absolutely no warning or opportunity to plan for my next step. In a business with such high turnover, leaving all former employees with a bad taste in their mouth will bite you down the road.

4. "Machine operator"

Current Employee - Extrusion Operator in Wooster, OH
    Current Employee - Extrusion Operator in Wooster, OH

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional courtesy honest dependable

Cons

Had to travel a distance to thier office

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

5. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture that values feedback and honesty. Amazing opportunity to make a great living due to the pay structure, commission, and incentives. No experience in staffing is needed and we have a very structured training process. Fun work environment.

Cons

The job can require extra hours as needed to fulfill our obligations to our clients. This isn't necessarily a con, because that work should lead to higher commissions.

6. "Overall Experience"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company really is amazing. Everyone in the office works hard and gets along. We work hard so we can enjoy many perks. The more ambition and effort you put into this job the more this company offers. We are tight knit and everyone has to start at the same level. Even the president of Aerotek started as a recruiter and worked his way up; the potential is endless with this company in so many ways.

Cons

Sometiems the hours can be long, but not if you are present and motivated each day

7. "This is a great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiters at Aerotek genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

The amount of time off can be improved, but I understand this largely ependent upon the company assigned.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Saved Me"

Former Employee - Investment Professional in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Investment Professional in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Found my eclectic resume and matched me to a perfect career.
    Supportive
    Friendly
    Professional
    Smart
    Prompt

Cons

I have no negative comments.

Advice to Management

Reward Omaha Office

9. "CSA"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

The benefits are great, we have early release hours on Fridays in the summer. We are closed on all major holidays and the compensation is higher than any other staffing firm.

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit clicky. Recruiters work really long hours and have a lot of pressure on them to succeed.

Advice to Management

Some people work better under less pressure and stress. instead of stressing about starts, give more advice on how to increase the number of starts for recruiters.

10. "Competitive environment"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly competing with your team and learn a lot of great relationship building and sales skills! Every day you are working with new people and making sure you're getting subs and reqs filled. It is so exciting! I worked in two different locations and every office is different that's for sure!

Cons

A bit of a dramatic environment. Some described it as going back to high school again but if you stay out of the crap then you're fine! I worked in two different locations and every office is different that's for sure!

Advice to Management

Don't contradict your advice. Make the process known and stick to it. If changes are going to be made, give some forgiveness.

Showing 2,589 of 3,317 reviews