Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

2,494 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • can make a lot of money if you work very hard (in 56 reviews)

• Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 56 reviews)

Cons

1. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Brooklyn Center, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Brooklyn Center, MN

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team culture here is like no other. We constantly build each other up and celebrate success. YES, you will get pushed to work hard to achieve goals you have never thought possible. But why would you want to go to a job where you weren't challenged? I know I sure don't go to work just to "work". I go to work to impact MY life and others around me. My coworkers have become some of my best friends who I have shared so many ups and downs at the company with. There is so much opportunity to find where you fit best here and make A TON OF MONEY...as long as you want to work hard.

Cons

Yes - we work a lot of hours. But it isn't work when you love what you're doing.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con"

As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

"Difficult but character-building."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The main thing that made my time at Aerotek so valuable was the absolutely awesome group of Recruiters and Account Managers. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed getting to know all of my coworkers; I'd be hard-pressed to pin down a single person in "The Pit" that I wouldn't feel comfortable approaching for any help, whether it be regarding work, or personal life.

-The high intensity work environment really pushed me to be the best I could be. The (VERY) high feedback culture is definitely not for everybody, but if you are the type of person that wants to improve at the fastest rate possible through direct confrontation, this is a great place to get yourself kicked into gear.

-Lots of perks including snacks/coffee in the office, free lunches when you meet with contractors/candidates, and an occasional office bonding trip somewhere in town.

Cons

-This was my first job out of college, so to be fair, I don't have any previous experience to base things on. However, I can say that for me personally, the hours were the toughest part of the job. 12-hour days were common, giving me no time to have any sort of social life outside of the office during the week.

-"Process" of firing employees (see below).

Advice to Management

When I was let go from Aerotek, it was done very unprofessionally. I was pulled into a room completely out of the blue, and told that it was my last day. This alone would be understandable, but they wouldn't even let me go back into the office to clean up my desk or grab my extra belongings (I'm still in touch with a former co-worker to bring me back my coffee mug and water bottle). In addition, I had a lunch interview scheduled with a candidate for 30 minutes later, and multiple others that week. They took my computer away so I couldn't tie up any loose ends, with no way to inform these people that I would no longer be able to meet with them (I still met with the candidate I was scheduled to interview later that day, since he drove over an hour to get there. I had to take notes on a brown bag since my laptop and notebook were both taken from me back at the office. You're welcome for keeping your reputation intact, Aerotek). For a company whose motto is "Our People Are Everything", this was quite a pitiful showing of ignorance toward both me and the candidates I was working with.

Here's my advice: Have some respect for the people that have put blood sweat and tears into your company. I know I wasn't by any means a top performer, but I did my very best from day 1 and I got kicked to the curb with absolutely no warning or opportunity to plan for my next step. In a business with such high turnover, leaving all former employees with a bad taste in their mouth will bite you down the road.

4. "Claims Processor"

Current Employee - Medical Claims Processor in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Medical Claims Processor in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Christina with Aerotek is a excellent recruiter and gives you what your asking for in a career placement atmosphere.

Cons

No cons. Straight forward talk. Honest answers to any questions asked.

Advice to Management

Continue to be helpful and considerate of those who are trying to build or rebuild there careers. Awesome team! Go Aerotek

5. "Customer/office support"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Very professional, knowledgeable, approachable, and extremely helpful recruiters such as Gurnik. They do take time to consider your needs and professional outlook. Extensive research and constant feedback was given in regards to upcoming job opportunities.

Cons

I don't have any at all.

6. "Great place"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meagan was so helpful in finding me a great job. She fought for me to get in there and did a lot of work getting me in there. She made it an easy process and is even meeting me on my first day tomorrow!! I love aerotech I have always had people working hard to find me a great job.

Cons

I didn't find any cons

7. "Warehouse"

Current Employee - Warehouse in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Austin is the best and found right job for me

Cons

I will tell my friends about Aerotec and tell them to ask for Austin

Advice to Management

Austin is very great

8. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Autonomy in the role, successful people around you that care.

Cons

15 meetings, not everyone sees the benefit in meeting in person when things can be done on the phone or email.

Advice to Management

Get people to make more money quicker.

9. "Recruiter Lead"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Excellent professional development and career opportunities

Cons

Long hours are required to get started

10. "Great Recruiters"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CeCe Valenzuela was exceptional. Found the right company for me. Thank you for taking the time to take care of my career needs.

Cons

I only applied through them. They helped me get directly hired with Medtronic. I have nothing but good things to say about Aerotek

Showing 2,494 of 3,185 reviews