Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

1,173 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money with the base salary (in 49 reviews)

• Aerotek gives you an ability to make a lot of money and develop yourself at a faster rate than most companies who employ recent college graduates (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance was a struggle based on expectations (in 280 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 99 reviews)

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great training, great entry level opportunity to get into recruiting and sales. If you are successful you will make more here than about anywhere else. Performing Recruiters are making $55k-$75k. Great Recruiters are making $100k+. Every large office has salespeople making $200k-$400k. Culture is 100% committed and generally cool type-A's you would want to have a beer with. The skills, drive, and sense of urgency you learn at Aerotek serve you well anywhere you may go later.

Cons

If you are just looking for a low-commitment 8-5 job while posting on social media about where you are partying that night...you will not like Aerotek. Success requires an all in approach both in work ethic and active support of the culture. That is not for everyone. There are Political Science grads 3 years out of college making $200k+, but there is a price to be paid. All the tough work comes first. If you are not up for the level of work and commitment, Aerotek is not for you. If you are, none of this is really a "con"

As far a real cons go, the benefits are only OK, and finding work/life balance is pretty difficult.

2. "Aerotek"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aerotek has by far been the best decision I have made in my career thus far. The training and development you get from day 1 shows how much the company believes in their employees and how much they want them to succeed. I love the people I work with and actually look forward to coming to work everyday. The growth opportunity is exponential and doesn't have a time line. I love that i have the ability to interact with all types of people on a daily basis and can really create working relationships with my internal employees as well as clients. I can honestly say Aerotek is one of the best places to work.

Cons

I don't think there are too many downsides. You do work longer hours, but you get out of it what you put into it.

3. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with Aerotek in 2015 and it really has been great to work here. The opportunities to succeed are endless; the company is what you make of it. If you want to make great connections, become more business-minded, and start your career off strong, this is the company for you. There is a great training program when you start working at Aerotek and you are given the necessary resources to succeed through your mentor and manager. In every role, there are clear expectations and paths to success so no matter what you choose to do, the company has great avenues for you to follow your passion. Not to mention, a lot of opportunity to be financially successful as well.

Cons

If you do not want to commit to a job longer than 9-5 or a 40-hour work week, this is not the company for you. In order to be successful, you need to put in the work and effort, but the reward is worth it. Standard operating hours are 7:30 - 5:30pm but you can generally find people working until 6:30-7pm on any given day. We generally work 48-hour work weeks, but it is definitely worth it in the long run.

5. "Happy with Aerotek."

Current Freelancer - Credentialing Specialist in Middletown, NY
    Current Freelancer - Credentialing Specialist in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with recruiter Liz Berlin out of the Suffern, NY office was and has been awesome.

Cons

None. I have been happy so far.

"Recruiter/Sales Trainee"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started the job right after graduating college and I don't think I could have learned so much the past year without Aerotek. You start off as a recruiter/sales trainee, so you are constantly learning the ins and outs of staffing as well as sales. Promotions are based off of production. So if you work hard you will grow fast within the company which is extremely motivating. Also the people are what makes coming into work fun. I feel lucky to have built such strong relationships with the other recruiters and managers because you don't find that often. We celebrate the wins and lift each other up from the losses. Coming to Aerotek was the best decision I could have made coming out of school. I had interviewed at multiple other staffing agencies before coming to Aerotek and chose Aerotek because of the people and endless opportunity.

Cons

You cant slack off. If you are not motivated by competition and are not willing to work hard each and every day this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture fun and energetic. Its motivating and the reason I enjoy coming to work everyday!

7. "Working at Aerotek"

Current Employee - CSA in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - CSA in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great atmosphere, great personalities, dedicated team, work hard play hard environment

Cons

hours can be long but that's really it

8. "Good Bridge employment to better"

Current Employee - Building Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Building Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Quickly puts you in the marketplace. Since I was reassigned 3 times within a year after being employed for 30 years I learned how to adjust to the unfamiliar. This gives you a chance to earn money better than unemployment and put your name out in the marketplace without being tied down. Surprise, surprise the payday was once a week.

Cons

Staffing agencies are designed to help the company and their clients but not necessarily your ambitions. So promote your own job agenda. The pay was a sacrifice and maybe it was that I felt powerless to really negotiate being without a permanent job assignment. Remember that this is a stepping stone to move to another job.

Advice to Management

Thank you for treating us like you value our participation.

9. "Account Recruiting Manager"

Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Rosemont, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Rosemont, IL

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started with the company out of school and was provided with continuous training to become a business professional because I came in with no experience at all. Within 3 years I was exceeding 60k annual and within 4 years exceeding 100k. I have been promoted 2x and into different areer paths. Great exposure to other Fortune 500 companies. While the hours can be long, I have found that there is a lot of flexibility around managing your own day which I prefer. Your day is never the same, and you get opportunity to visit other companies and be away from your desk conducting interviews, participating in meetings, etc. Defintiely a company that celebrates a lot- happy hours, promotion parties, etc. so making friends is very easy. Haven't had a need to look for something better elsewhere because always been presented with opportunities. A lot of recognition for good work from both management and financially. Have worked in a couple offices and Rosemont seems to be growing and doing really well currently.

Cons

There are so many different career paths you can take that it can be overwhelming to determine at times.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture fun, energetic and worth while financially and personally because that is what keeps me here!

10. "Aerotek Review"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Hanover, MD

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, opportunity is there, the people are great

Cons

Long hours, no work/life balance, it is a grind

11. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a company that is willing to invent in your personal development and career, then Aerotek is the place for you.

Cons

You have to be wiling to put in the work and be willing to challenge your mindset and that is not as easy as it sounds.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in you people and caring about their development.

Showing 1,173 of 2,566 reviews