Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 51 reviews)

• We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 317 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 117 reviews)

1. "Never encountered so much stress in my life!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not too many good things I can say about working at Aerotek. You will make some friends along the way and the company does provide you with enough training to develop you into a seasoned recruiter. You often hear managers say that they will not fire you even if you are really underperforming. This is true, I never once saw anyone get fired-so I'll give them that (but its b/c everyone quits)

Cons

Well, where do I start:

- The work environment is very intense, they will make it a point to intentionally embarrass you during big meetings if they dont hear exactly what they want
    - Work/life balance only exists if you are an Account Manager, or have been there over 5 years. If there is a holiday or if you are out sick or taking PTO you will still be required to hit your weekly numbers. Basically, you cant take anytime off.
    - The hours are very long and you can expect to work over the weekend no matter how good you are with time management. Typically you'll stay late to achieve metrics that do not contribute to the big scheme of things.
    - Dont be fooled, they will tell you that you will be making $70k at your 6 month mark. This is only if you hit a threshold of $3250 at the 6 month. If you dont then your threshold increases and it may take you up to 1 year to hit it. Until then, have fun making $43k/yr.
    - Get used to the word "feedback", they will pull you aside for every little thing and typically its negative feedback. Oh, they will also give you feedback for not giving enough feedback to others...ya
    - Slim opportunities for those who do not want to go into sales. They tell you there are other options but in reality theres only a recruiter lead and an ARM role.
    -Prepare to suck up to your managers. If you are not a favorite you will get the short end of the stick. They talk a lot about wanting to promote but they only want to promote certain people.
    -The job itself is not rocket science, but the amount of work they expect you to put in is ridiculous and therefore will cause you a ton of stress.
    - Within the first few months of being on the job about 10 people quit (both senior and new recruiters). So you cant really get attached to anyone.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your employees! Set realistic weekly expectations and if you plan on criticising/embarrassing your employees during red zone - Dont, and pull them aside into a room to give them feedback instead.

2. "Overwork employees"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about my time at Aerotek was my team. The environment is a bunch of young professionals so if you're looking for a place with a lot of happy hours this is it.

Cons

With it being a young environment the professionalism is slim to non. If you leave before 6pm people say you don't care about your job. They over work you. Average work day is 7:30-6:30, you're lucky to leave at 6. The compensation plan is also minimal. They put in your head that you can make a lot of money. That's only after being there for 5+ years. Other than that you're working harder than your friends for less pay. Their slogan is "our people are everything" however that does not seem to apply to internal employees. The FSG team works harder than anyone in the office and gets minimal pay.

Advice to Management

Keep promises that are made to your employees. If your slogan is "our people are everything" that should apply to your employees as well.

3. "Don't waste your time with Aerotek"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

None. FYI, notice how at the bottom of most job postings you see advertised on career sites it will say "Principles only. Please no calls from agencies." Reputable companies don't want to work with employment agencies and if you are a professional individual, you won't want to either.

Cons

At Aerotek, the "recruiters" are new grads with no professional experience. They make you come into the office to interview like they seriously have a position for you. After you jump through hoops answering their dumb questions and providing references, they say the job is no longer available. They also post generic ads for jobs that don't exist. Also, most of their jobs pay $10 - $15/hr, and they're offended when you ask for a respectable wage based on your experience and degrees.

Advice to Management

Hire real recruiters/HR professionals to work with applicants.

4. "they are playing not honest games with people who are looking for job opportunity"

Current Employee - Medical Biller in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Biller in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

never work with agents who are not honest

Cons

not setn contract and lying about salary. Horsham,PA location.

Advice to Management

to check how honest agents

5. "Worse staffing agency I've ever worked for"

Former Freelancer - Human Resources Coordinator in Rockville, MD
    Former Freelancer - Human Resources Coordinator in Rockville, MD

Pros

The company holds accounts with a couple of respectable companies

Cons

I've never worked for an agency where the recruiter never made contact or tried checking in during the entire duration of my assignment. I attempted to contact my recruiters and his partners when I was told the date that my assignment would end and after multiple attempts no one ever called me back. I'm not used to any recruiter from any agency going completely silent so I asked my Supervisor if for some reason I might have done something wrong and was assured that I've done a great job. My supervisor asked me to work a little longer than the date assigned to be my last day. I worked and my time was approved by my supervisor. Aerotek refuses to pay me for my time work and kept going on about me working past the date I was supposed to. I was livid because my boss approved the time because I did work for her. 3 weeks later and I still haven't been paid and trying to reach anyone is a Mary-go-round. Never had such an experience ever with any agency.

"Aerotek"

Former Employee - VOIP Engineer in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - VOIP Engineer in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros Period.

Cons

The company is very unprofessional.
    They suck at how they deal with their employees...They have nooo empathy and all I can say is don't get hurt on the job.
    They will cart you out like an animal.

Advice to Management

They need to close the whole Aerotek Company down. They have nooo earthly clue as to how to treat employees...
    They need someone in charge of how people should be respected that really care truely care about the employees and aren't there to just receive a paycheck.
    At the end of the day you want to know someone is in charge that only interest isn't selfishly motivated...

7. "Unreliable contact, had issues receiving paycheck"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Quick initial response time, front desk is perfectly competent.

Cons

The recruiter was completely unaware of the nature of the position he was recruiting for. He gave blatantly false information that completely misrepresented both the responsibilities of the position and nature of compensation, as well as directed me to the wrong location for the interview. During my interview with the company he was recruiting for, I learned that he wasn't even supposed to be allowed to handle my account and had done so without the consent of the company.

Within a week, as a result of the misrepresentation I found that the position was not the fit I had expected and left. At this point, the recruiter repeatedly failed to reach out for appointments he had set up to communicate our next step, and neglected to even inform me that my check would be held on site, rather than mailed as had been originally explained.

By contrast, the recruiter had called excessively throughout my time with Aerotek, largely ignoring requests for email correspondence even when I was sick and unable to speak comfortably. It became more uncomfortable than supportive.

Advice to Management

Be more strict in who you let handle accounts and the manner in which they handle correspondence. You can't just switch to radio silence the moment someone stops working with you.

Aerotek has a terrible reputation in the industry and I regret being foolish enough to give you a chance to prove that preconception wrong.

8. "Aerotek - Contract - PNW"

Former Employee - N/A in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - N/A in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Your staffing agents come to you for meetings. Most of the staff is super friendly. If you ever have a problem at your assignment, they are there immediately to help. The recruiters are generally pretty awesome to work with.

Cons

Aerotek as an agency isn't that great. There is a huge turnover rate. You don't have access to see your vacation time on your online paycheck (you have to email them to get your hours, multiple times). If you request a raise, you have to jump through all the hoops and then they will not give you anything close to what you asked for (i.e., pennies). Giving you a raise comes out of their commission, and they are not about to cut into it. You're really on your own with them, which is great - unless you are asking for a raise. They will not negotiate any more PTO in lieu of a raise, they could but they won't. You don't get a raise, or more vacation time, you get a coffee mug.

Advice to Management

Pay your contract work force better than other agencies. You get your commission as long as they stick around. People are unhappy and leaving left and right, do something.

9. "Terrible experience"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

I have nothing good to say.

Cons

Had a really bad experience. Took over 2 months to place me in a job and when I finally got a job, my recruiter insisted that I settle for a lower wage than what I had originally asked for and implied that raises within the company happen pretty frequently. Turns out that despite having a lot more industry experience than my coworkers, they were making more money than I was (most others were working with other contracting agencies). After 5 months at my company, I asked for a raise from Aerotek, and after 2 weeks with no feedback I contacted my recruiter. He assured me that they were working on it. 8 weeks later, after trying multiple times to get feedback from my recruiter, he still could not provide me with a simple yes or no answer to my raise request.

I quit shortly after this incident and will never be using Aerotek again. I highly recommend going elsewhere, there are plenty of placement agencies out there.

10. "Recruiting"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Aerotek will train new grads with no prior Recruiting experience.
    *The people you'll meet are great! ( hard workers, friendly and willing to help)
    *70K Salary with uncapped commission, once you meet an expected threshold.
    *Constant happy hours with your team or whole office.

Cons

*Absolutely no work life balance, expect to work frequently 10-12 hour days (all the time). Our schedule is from 7:30am-5:30pm getting there on time is a must, but the off time is always up in the air. Also, some Saturday's or Sunday's will be worked during peek seasons.
    *Very micromanaged type of environment.
    *Managers are extremely focused on the calls instead of the big picture -STARTS! (getting candidates new job opportunities and successfully to our clients)
    *High turn over! over 50% of our recruiters either quit or got terminated within a year span. This unfortunately is constantly occurring year after year.
    *Poor benefits- medical, dental, vision, etc.

Advice to Management

Trust your Recruiters, and stop stressing them so much with the numbers of calls if they are meeting the main goal/job purpose. Be flexible with your workers in terms of hours, if they are constantly working 10-12 hour days let them work from home one day, suggest a half-day or simply let them off on time… (SOMETHING!). Account Managers appreciate your Recruiters and let them know you do, just like you are quick to talk to them when things go wrong. Aerotek has a great potential, their sourcing data base is one of the largest in the business but if they continue not focusing on their employees they won’t go far.

Showing 498 of 2,883 reviews