Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money with the base salary (in 46 reviews)

• Aerotek gives you an ability to make a lot of money and develop yourself at a faster rate than most companies who employ recent college graduates (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work/life balance - 60 hour weeks are the norm (in 259 reviews)

• No work/life balance and a very structured environment (in 91 reviews)

1. "Found out the hard way - read paperwork closely!"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Morton Grove, IL
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Morton Grove, IL

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

IF you get a recruiter who actually cares to do right by you as there job you'll have a good result. I know maybe one successful Aerotek result.

Cons

*They talk you up a good game to keep you interested . Obviously there has to be some discretion, but seem to forget how this pertains to someone life financially.

*Dont settle for less then what you are asking for pay wise for a contract position.

*HORRIBLE follow up. (Good in the beginning and then a few months in that's when they get you.)

*Got to send multiple emails and finally get to "I'll just drive to your office and speak with your manager" to get a fast phone call or response back.

*When they say they'll do something but DONT! (Ex. I'll try to get you more money to help the situation until a result comes of it and they never actually had that conversation)

*A lot of "I'll try" just to tell you what you want to hear and then you got to be the one following up for an answer.

*Some he said she said if they actually followed up or pretended like they did.

*Should of followed my gut and went with all the negative reviews, but didn't want to judge.

*Don't be too honest with them with personal life stuff!

*FOLLOW YOUR GUT! If it doesn't seem/feel right it probably isn't.

*LAST DAY couldn't come sooner, NEVER using them again if I ever needed a new job. I don't TRUST anyone from the company.

Advice to Management

Your word is your bond!

2. "Customer Service"

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor

Pros

If you like fake attitudes, go ahead

Cons

Unprofessional, liars, have you waiting on calls that NEVER falls through, never answers calls or emails.

3. "Awful treatment, cliquey atmosphere"

Former Employee - Customer Support Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Support Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros to mention at Aerotek

Cons

I came into this job with a positive and energetic attitude only to be destroyed by the awful management. I was thrown into the assignments without proper training. My boss was always stressed and would not answer my questions nor did she take the time to help me. The staff was extremely unwelcoming. I was supposed to be trained by someone in my position, yet the coworker could not make eye contact with me, mumbled every statement, and was totally disengaged. However, I spent every day trying to accomplish every task, with little direction, yet when i would complete about 95% of the tasks, my boss would berate me for missing the 5% she never mentioned. After several months of sarcastic comments, eye rolling condescension, and overall hostile environment, I finally defended myself with a mild sarcastic reply that only made her worse. I My boss promptly called me in for a negative performance interview with the director. In the meeting, I was stunned. She faked a positive and encouraging attitude that I never saw before, but told the boss that she had tried helping me so much yet I still was not getting it and told the boss that I reacted improperly the prior day. After hearing this blatant lie, I realized I was meant for way better things (like an encouraging workplace, one that actually trains their employees and wants to see them grow) and my self-esteem was too good for this place. My boss was so phony and over the top with this meeting, but I should thank her for making me finally realize this workplace was awful. As a new graduate with my first job, I really wanted to make it work and stuck around for way too long.

Advice to Management

Better training and oversight of new management

5. "Fake Reviews"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Troy, MI
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Troy, MI

Pros

These people bend over backwards calling and emailing you to get you to meet with them for potential employers.

Cons

I think most of the reviews for Aerotek are fake, or company driven... who reviews every day?
    After many phone messages from a few recruiters, and a few emails from the same recruiters, I relented and met with a recruiter in January.
    Here it is a month later, and I have to call and email to see what is happening. I met, did the interview process, he was very positive in finding me a match and now I hear NOTHING and so far despite his original claims, there isn't anything available yet. Makes me wonder if there are opportunities or those companies realize it's easier to hire on their own, or I am not qualified for any of the positions he claimed were out there, or he doesn't want to work with me. If the latter is the case, stop wasting my time... or wait, he's not, he's ignoring me.

Advice to Management

Stand behind your word.

6. "Horrible company"

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Quick way to make some money if you have no kids

Cons

Horrible service
    Never call back
    Horrible hours

Advice to Management

Re train your recruiters

7. "Terrible placement company"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

I had a job so that was nice. It wasn't the job I took but it was still a job

Cons

They completely misrepresented the position. I never ended up doing the job I was supposedly hired for. They were rarely available or returned calls. They never backed you up and if you were "difficult" did not try to help you obtain another position. They even tried to fight my meager unemployment and sabotage my getting another job.

Advice to Management

Very petty and sad. Do a better job and you will reap the rewards. I was very disappointed at their attitude towards me once placed. During the process they loved me and once I was in it no longer existed. I would have continued to work with them if they had been honest. As with another poster they also threw away my belongings. I guess that's a thing

8. "Janitor"

Current Employee - Janitor in Decatur, IL
    Current Employee - Janitor in Decatur, IL

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it's a pretty easy job

Cons

I work full time & still can get $65 in food stamps & Medicaid card, not the Obama Plain, Medicaid, lol if that tells you anything about what they pay !! lol

Advice to Management

Pay good, & then people well keep there job & care about there work, people say at work, you get what you pay for !! $ 8.75 hr. that's the work your going to get, Not Much !!

9. "Based on my experience, more cons than pros."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay for my contracted position with Aerotek was good, I like how the person in charge of the project was pretty straight forwards about certain details, incentives to meet quotas, and paid training (for the project).

Cons

In the pros, I stated how I liked how certain details were straight forwards. The con is that some information was misleading. For example, we were told that the project would possible end in Feb and could stretch out to March and that it wasn't guaranteed - the project had ended at the end of January which is close enough to Feb and understandable. We were told that there would be an attendance bonus for each month of perfect attendance. We later found out, not by Aerotek, but the contractors that this only applied for months after the training sessions and after the completion of the project (the applied month, yes month, not months didn't even last a full month). There were employees who had participated in the project previously and also stated that in previous years, the project also ended around the end January, never going into Feb. There was an email that was sent out around two weeks prior to day the project officially ended. The email informed us of when the project will end. However only a few people received this email and then they made an announcement to everyone to disregard that email and that the project will be extended (not everyone knew, but now they did). That was a lie. The project DID END on the exact date that was stated in that email that we were told to disregard (Everyone understood that this was a contract position and our employment was not guaranteed. And of course no one disregarded it, I understand that they did not want to lower productivity, but to straight up and lie to cover up a mistake they made is not acceptable or trustworthy of a company. They should have taken responsibility and acknowledged that that information was correct.). Also, whenever they decided to let someone go (during the day) it was pretty obvious as to when and what was happening. It would have been more subtle if they did not approach the person, when everyone was still in the room.

Advice to Management

Do not give out misleading/incorrect information.
    Be more subtle about firing people, during the project.
    If you were already planning to inform employees when the project ends, sent out the email, and retracted it as incorrect information and it turns out to true - you should have just said that the projects will ended on the stated emailed date.

10. "On-Premise Manager"

Former Employee - On Premise Manager in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - On Premise Manager in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are better than Masterson Staffing

Cons

Company pay is top heavy. Extreme lack of leadership. They constantly promote good sales people but never leaders. Culture is similar to college environment with dress shirts and ties.

Advice to Management

They need to restructure starting from the top level and filter down. They can't keep employees because their upper management is so poor

11. "Worse experience EVER with a staffing company!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor

Pros

Very attractive recruiters, great "eye candy" with fabulous personalities, or so you think at first.

Cons

Doesn't back the people they place in the temp positions. If it's a position you realize right off isn't for you they refuse to work with you in the future....it's a one shot deal. I guess you're supposed to try and stick it out even if it's not for you.

Advice to Management

Just because the TEMP position doesn't fit you doesn't mean Aerotek should black ball you and refuse to consider you for other positions in the future....even when you call within the in then1st couple of days and say "this is not for me". It was, after all, a TEMPORARY position. I've never been or felt so disrespected in my life and have told everyone I know who work for temporary/staffing companies to avoid them at all costs!

Showing 418 of 2,446 reviews