Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money with the base salary (in 46 reviews)

• Aerotek gives you an ability to make a lot of money and develop yourself at a faster rate than most companies who employ recent college graduates (in 45 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work/life balance - 60 hour weeks are the norm (in 259 reviews)

• No work/life balance and a very structured environment (in 91 reviews)

1. "Efficient"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor

Pros

Take care of business in a quick, efficient and friendly manner.

Cons

They seem a little overly ambitious.

2. "Design Technician"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I was placed with a good company for a multi-year project.

Cons

Infrequent contact with recruiters. Sometimes slow on pay increases.

Advice to Management

Advocate for raises on a consistent basis. Allow your people to have periodic reviews either from Aerotek, or client company.

3. "Recruiting into Sales"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The people are great (clients, co-workers, contractors)
    2. The opportunity for advancement
    3. Competitive but fun

Cons

1. Hours-Balancing family life and Aerotek doesn't exist
    2. "Flavor of the month" activity drivers
    3. Rich get richer. poor get poorer

Advice to Management

Recruiting now and recruiting when Aerotek started is very different. Selling Aerotek services in a 2 mile radius vs having the whole state of MN is different. Competition out in the field is fierce and there are 3-5 competitors at most of our clients.

Advice:
    Change commission structure so that recruiters and sales managers see more of the commission earlier on.

5. "Entry level Recruiter"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

The company culture is amazing - the reason I come to work is because of the people.

Cons

There is no work/life balance - 60 hour weeks are the norm

Advice to Management

pay attention to your recruiters - they are burning out fast

6. "Report coordinator exam works"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor

Pros

Good job placement for contract

Cons

All temp positions instead of direct hire

7. "great business training"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

teach you how to run a business

Cons

can only do it their way no outside the box thinking allowed

8. "Aerotek hach"

Former Contractor - OP I in Boone, IA
    Former Contractor - OP I in Boone, IA

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people and ok pay and easy work and decent hours and that's really it there isn't a lot of positive things about hach

Cons

Horrible management poor work environment mandatory overtime people aren't held accountable when they mess up management chooses favorites and it's always he said she said drama

Advice to Management

Do your job

9. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The potential to make a lot of money, some of the people, the companies they work with, and the fun atmosphere.

Cons

No work/life balance and a very structured environment. People speak to you very directly (which could be a pro as well). A lot of selfish people there.

Advice to Management

Too much favoritism and allow people to leave before 6pm if all their work is done and numbers are hit.

"Great Company Values"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They value hard work and dedication. You have to put your best foot forward to excel in this company otherwise you will be miserable. If you're wiling to put in the hours (10+ per day), then this might be the company for you. For instance, my work days typically ranged from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. In order to fulfill my requisition goals for the week, I sometimes had to work during my days off to add new candidates to my search, conduct interviews, and revise my candidates' resumes. But, the payoff was greater than the work I had to put in to finding candidates.

When you first start working at the company, you will have to do a training program for the first several months. You'll be taken out to breakfast and lunch (all paid for) and you'll learn about each division/team and your colleagues. After the training program, you'll start recruiting on your own (with occasional help from your account managers and team members). Everything that you do throughout the work day is recorded in a software, and you're able to set metrics to evaluate your goals for the week. It's a highly structured method and it may or may not work for some individuals.

The training program at Aerotek is pretty good. Not only do your managers and colleagues teach you the basics of recruiting and sales, they also teach you business practices that you can use to your advantage in other industries. I had to immediately learn how to become assertive and push aside any fears of cold-calling or striking up a conversation with strangers.

Cons

Cold-Calling. You will be calling strangers all over the nation. Be prepared for anything in the conversation, but you have to be willing to make 40+ calls a day on top of hour-long meetings twice a day.

Metrics. Every interaction that you have with a candidate or client will be recorded. You're expected to hit 40+ calls a day and have candidates ready to be presented by the end of the week. You should have hundreds of calls made by the end of the week (if you're a new recruiter).

High Turn-Over Rate. Recruiting is a tough industry and burn-out happens. It's tough emotionally as well if you're not meeting your weekly goals and sometime else is.

If you're not completely invested in a recruiting and sales career, this might not be the best company to work for. The company is based on a pyramid structure that includes recruiters, account managers, and division leaders. There's a linear career path after working as a recruiter even though the company is striving to change it, but momentarily, there's a distinct career move after recruiting...account management (sales) or recruiter lead. If you want to immediately go into Human Resources, Sales, Marketing or Finance without any prior experience or any recruiting experience, you might want to expand your job search because this company only hires from the bottom (recruiters) up.

Also, there's a lot of competition in the office and if you're not reaching your weekly goals, it can be emotionally tolling. Be prepared to push aside your ego when other recruiters and account managers are making thousands of dollars in commission every month and reaching over $100k in paychecks annually. You can learn from these all-star employees after a couple of months to a year of working at Aerotek.

Advice to Management

Dedicate more time in helping new recruiters become acclimated to a typical day and be consistent with training. One of the hardest things for a new recruiter is gaining enough confidence to recruit on his or her own and be successful at it. The practice of making other recruiters (who have been with the company for only 4-5 months) teach new recruiters while they need to fulfill requisitions for the week is not the best practice. New recruiters need to be taught directly from seasoned recruiters (1 or more years of experience) or by managers in a better setting. I'm speaking for the office that I worked at, and by no means does this apply to the company as a whole since training can slightly vary from each office.

Also, have an open mind and listen to recruiters' opinions about best practices. Company procedures shouldn't always take precedence over new opinions that might be better for the division/team/company.

11. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.
    The one thing Aerotek taught me was to be accountable for my actions and to stay on task.

Cons

As stated before in previous comments, stress will build if you don't find the right people to talk to about it.
    Work/life balance is hard but every first few years of a sales position will be tough for a work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Overall, keep doing what you're doing.

Showing 571 of 2,435 reviews