Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

2,396 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 54 reviews)

• We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 338 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 122 reviews)

"Aerotek stays ahead of the competition!!"

Current Employee - Sales in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Alameda, CA

Pros

It is great when you can work for a company that you know is the best in the field that it competes in!! There is never a doubt that Aerotek is the best in the staffing business. The earning potential matches the level of effort that is put into your job. Aerotek offers unlimited training and support which in necessary in the ever changing temporary staffing industry. The growth at Aerotek has been incredible. Now sitting at the number 1 position in an industry that has been around forever in only 25 years is incredible!! Aerotek continues to increase it's ability to attract great new talent!!

Cons

The work is very intensive and the nature of working in the temporary staffing business is taxing. There is never any downtime!! When you are stiving to service clients at the highest possible level, you need to be "on" at all times and this can create conflicts with what other customers require. Aerotek never settles for mediocrity. Most of the new hires at Aerotek, it is the first professional job and with that comes a number of different levels of competencies coming in and there are challenges in creating training programs that are compresensive enough, but does not go to slow to engage.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what they are doing!! We are going to have some hard times coming up with the econmy downturn and it will take everybody participation to suceed, including senior managment.

"The ups and downs of staffing."

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

The people at Aerotek create an environment like no other. There is constant professional and personal development and the atmosphere is very team oriented. Even if you are having a bad day, you can easily be cheered up by your peers.

Cons

The ups and downs that occur every day. Sometimes you put in a lot of hard work and it doesn't pay off, so you just have to keep going and stay motivated.

Advice to Management

Our medical benefits and 401K could use some improvement. The benies are not geared towards employees with families and our 401K has a terrible matching system.

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

It is a place that gives you a great opportunity to grow. Not only can you grow, but it gives you the freedom to run what you feel is your own buisness.

Cons

We do work a lot of hours, but that is to be expected in the recruiting industry. It is very competitive.

Advice to Management

None, they are doing a good job as far as I can tell. We are a growing company that has only be around for 15 years, and we seem like we just keep getting better and bigger every year.

4. "The cream of the crop"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Hanover, MD

Pros

From a sales tenacity and goal oriented perspective, this company is best in class, hands down. The opportunities are endless.

Cons

You will work harder here than anyplace else you have ever worked, short of avtive duty military service. Expect to work 75 hour weeks. And the fringe benefits of med, dental, etc. are very expensive.

Advice to Management

Thank you, the vision is on point. A lot of opportunities exist to improve our operating tools and back office ops, but the ship is pointed in the right direction.

5. "I love Aerotek"

Current Employee - Account Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

The professional growth one receives at Aerotek can no way be matched by most companies. The culture is amazing and the cameraderie in the office is very special. People at Aerotek care about each other and they foster growth. The people who work at Aerotek are genuine, hard-working, and are generally the upper-eschalon of their peer groups.

Cons

Staffing is a really tough industry to get started in. You work hard for not an equal amount of compensation, trying to get your skills up to par and build your professional network to be able to fill positions. The only advice I can give is to STICK WITH IT through the hard times because it can be rewarding.

Advice to Management

We are very fortunate to have some of the best senior management. We don't promote people lightly.

6. "Aerotek, The leader in Staffing, Still hiring and getting new Business in a down economy."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX

Pros

Aerotek is the leader in the staffing industry, while most staffing companies in a down econmy are frightful of business development and lay off's, Aerotek is consistantly still hiring new recruiters everyday and still getting new business. Aerotek's salaries are higher than other staffing firms and there is no time period that is needed once you put someone to work, you will be paid the following week as apposed to most firms that will make you wait weeks if not months to be paid on the work that you have done. The beliefs of the CEO's and VP's is that we will work harder and outperform any other company and that even in a down economy you will need the man- power to fulfill the needs of the clients that will be hiring throughout the recession, such as collection agencies and appraisers.

Cons

The only downside to working at Aerotek is the long hours. You will work at least ten hours a day. This is only a downside for certain people. I enjoy working the long hours and thats part of what puts Aerotek in the lead of the staffing industry.

Advice to Management

Step into each employees day to day activities more giving leadership and advice on how to improve the skills of each individual duty.

7. "I LOVE WORKING FOR AEROTEK!! You would too!"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The sense of team and family in the field offices. The willingness of the DBO to always assist others as much as possible.

Cons

On the administrative side of the house there is very little room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Create more opporunities for you Support Staff, and consider a better benefit package (medical) for internal employees.

8. "Watch out! We're coming fast!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Aerotek is a thriving organization that has not come close to reaching it's potential. An aggressive sales mentality and the dedication and focus for excellence among our employees makes us who we are as a company. Our ability to quickly adapt to the needs of our clients via a strong internal network that knows no bounds is very unique in this size of an organization. It's a true family atmosphere!

Cons

I can not say that there is really a downside to working for Aerotek but you better bring your "A" game and keep focused on the goals!

Advice to Management

Continue to push to be the number one staffing company on the planet. Keep everyone on there toes and hold onto the entrepenurial spirit within organization under the "big umbrella"!

"Aerotek is a great place to grow and have a career."

Current Employee - Customer Support Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Support Associate

Pros

The best environment for you to grow personally and professionally. This is the best job I have ever had.

Cons

The medical benefits could cover the cost of prescriptions and things a little better. They do contribute money towards your HSA account which is a plus.

Advice to Management

Continue providing open and honest feedback.

"Give me a break, bunch of babies on this site"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

What you put in - you ultimately get out. In the end, this is sales and not collecting a paycheck because you graduated college and can read and write. It is the ultimate meritocracy and mediocre people who usually complain wind up living mediocre lives earning mediocre pay in their pleasant 40-hour mediocre week - most of them have posted on this website.

Cons

The benefits are terrible, plain and simple. A company full of young people who rarely go to the doctor, figures, but come on.

Advice to Management

Better the benefits or people who have done well and want to stay with this company will leave eventually.

Showing 2,396 of 3,041 reviews