Aerotek Reviews | Glassdoor

2,284 reviews

Full-timePart-time

2,284 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 51 reviews)

• We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 317 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 116 reviews)

"Not all jobs are for everyone"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

They can find you work.

Cons

If you don't like it you are stuck. They won't help find something more suitable. In fact they will pass you on to someone else you never hear from.

Advice to Management

Paid sick leave: you have eligible hours but can't use it for 3 months. What the heck kind of yapity yap is that!

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Madison, WI

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, young talent, and very energetic. The training is very good. Gets anyone ready to cold call anyone, it'll get rid of your phone fears.

Cons

Hourly pay until you hit benchmarks usually around 4-6 months. $12.25 hour until you hit a mark, then $50k salaried.

"Great organization with great opportunity when you work for it!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a ton of opportunity - no matter what direction you want to go with great rewards, including compensation. It is a great environment to work in - while you work hard, it is a fun culture that is challenging you every day to grow personally and professionally.

Cons

You have to work hard to be successful - but the tools are there for you and if you utilize them, it can be a game-changer. The amount of opportunity at this organization is huge - and being a "top performer" is not out of reach, but it will take discipline and a great work ethic. You will need to make sacrifices and get our of your comfort zone a lot, but it's worth it as long as you take the initiative.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees and the clients/people the company works with on a daily basis. The biggest thing though is to ensure you are making the adjustments that are needed to stay competitive in the marketplace - not just within our business, but culturally as well.

4. "Balance"

I worked at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Good salary, and great people

Cons

Bad work life balance was lacking

5. "Pros/Cons"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Great environment, team atmosphere, constant training, plenty of growth potential, flexible schedule if work is done

Cons

Constant turn over (either from promotions or new opportunities)

"Recruiter"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with some great people, some of which really care about your personal and professional development.

Cons

No work life balance. 7:45am-6:15 at least! No flexibility. You technically arent forced to stay, but it's nearly impossible to finish your work by 5pm. Micromanagement. There is a specific personality type here, and if you dont fit the mold or are unwilling to change, you will not be kept long.

Advice to Management

Chill out. Less concern for the bottom line can improve performance

7. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Memphis, TN

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers
    occasional happy hours
    celebrating success of others and yourself for hitting goals
    everyday you get something new

Cons

no work life balance (730am - 6/7pm)

8. "Farm heavy equipment operator"

Former Employee - Sheet Metal Worker in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - Sheet Metal Worker in Bremerton, WA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Long hours, 3 months a year maintinence/free time. Family based employment. Down to earth boss, who loves to play in the dirt

Cons

Extreme hours during harvest, lots of downtime in the winter. Broke. Equipment must be fixed immediately, causes great headaches. Extreme reliability, no vacation

Advice to Management

Your awesome

9. "Great Work!!!!!!!"

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

My pros with Areotek are outstanding.
    My recruiters was always on point an up front with me. They were persistent in finding a job that fit for me. Diligent work ethic,kind and understanding people at Areotek. I am very satisfied with the care I received at Areotek. Things take time and they definitely took they time to satisfy my needs. Thank you Areotek.

Cons

WITH EVERYTHING, IT TAKES TIME......

Advice to Management

Train all your staff like the Buffalo Office...

10. "Never encountered so much stress in my life!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not too many good things I can say about working at Aerotek. You will make some friends along the way and the company does provide you with enough training to develop you into a seasoned recruiter. You often hear managers say that they will not fire you even if you are really underperforming. This is true, I never once saw anyone get fired-so I'll give them that (but its b/c everyone quits)

Cons

Well, where do I start:

- The work environment is very intense, they will make it a point to intentionally embarrass you during big meetings if they dont hear exactly what they want
    - Work/life balance only exists if you are an Account Manager, or have been there over 5 years. If there is a holiday or if you are out sick or taking PTO you will still be required to hit your weekly numbers. Basically, you cant take anytime off.
    - The hours are very long and you can expect to work over the weekend no matter how good you are with time management. Typically you'll stay late to achieve metrics that do not contribute to the big scheme of things.
    - Dont be fooled, they will tell you that you will be making $70k at your 6 month mark. This is only if you hit a threshold of $3250 at the 6 month. If you dont then your threshold increases and it may take you up to 1 year to hit it. Until then, have fun making $43k/yr.
    - Get used to the word "feedback", they will pull you aside for every little thing and typically its negative feedback. Oh, they will also give you feedback for not giving enough feedback to others...ya
    - Slim opportunities for those who do not want to go into sales. They tell you there are other options but in reality theres only a recruiter lead and an ARM role.
    -Prepare to suck up to your managers. If you are not a favorite you will get the short end of the stick. They talk a lot about wanting to promote but they only want to promote certain people.
    -The job itself is not rocket science, but the amount of work they expect you to put in is ridiculous and therefore will cause you a ton of stress.
    - Within the first few months of being on the job about 10 people quit (both senior and new recruiters). So you cant really get attached to anyone.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your employees! Set realistic weekly expectations and if you plan on criticising/embarrassing your employees during red zone - Dont, and pull them aside into a room to give them feedback instead.

Showing 2,284 of 2,885 reviews