Aerotek Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.4
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 50 reviews)

• We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 302 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 110 reviews)

1. "Front Desk"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love working the front desk you are the face of the company

Cons

need to be full time

2. "Get the DBO situation together"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Probably one of the best places to work if you're just starting your career. You'll quickly develop a strong work ethic and get a ton of feedback on how to better develop yourself. You'll also learn how to be comfortable being out of your "comfort zone".

Cons

The expectation that even if you're 5+ years in and multi contest winning that you will work the same long hours that you were when you were first starting out.

That you're still working when you're on PTO and if you aren't that you'll get a bunch of feedback because something went wrong. It's staffing... something is always going wrong.

The politics that you see as you progress. You don't see much of it as a Recruiter, but it's there and if you're not 100% bought in and saying "yes, sir!" regardless of if you agree or not then you'll be shunted aside and left out of conversations.

Advice to Management

You really need to fix the DBO turn around. During my tenure I've only seen one DBO stay or be promoted. Either you're not promoting the right people into the role or your not setting them up for success. Either way the fall out sets the entire region back and the desire to want to be a DBO decreases from your AM pipeline.

"Okay company as whole, a little uncoordinated"

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter found me while I was working my dead end job. She placed me in an awesome position at Fitbit in a Temp to Hire role. I love it here. She gave me and still gives me great advice. She connected me to the right people and still calls in to check on me.

Cons

Although individually the recruiters are great people, Aerotek as a whole is a little uncoordinated. 4/5 of the recruiters/aerotek corporate workers I interacted with in some shape or form have left in the last 3 months. The HR side of things is a disaster. There is always someone else I have to talk to about benefits or payroll stuff. There is always some sort of different website I have to sign up for and log into to get basic things in order. Also no PTO! This really hurts me during my temp stage of temp to hire process. Costs about $5,000 from the base pay to not have PTO because the company you get placed in will inevitably have vacation blackout dates like christmas or whatever, not to mention your own time off which is necessary as a human to maintain family and relationships. I don't blame the recruiters for this at all, they are great. I'm sorry to see so many of them move on too.

Advice to Management

Get your act together on your HR side of taking care of employees. I signed up for commuter benefits back in September, and it never took effect. Signing up for benefits is not back pay eligable so every month I discover some benefit didn't take means I lost that month. I do not know who to talk about this because whenever stuff like this happens I get bounced around to other people.

4. "Good company"

Current Employee - Account Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They promote from within and they have some of the best training.

Cons

The long hours and the constant change in the business dynamic.

Advice to Management

Hire some people from the outside to get a fresh approach.

"Good place to start"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll work with really hungry, talented people and make some great friends along the way. If your goal is a career in sales, there is huge upside in the compensation structure, even though there's a fair amount of luck involved in getting the right territory/clients.

Cons

Can feel like a cult. Leadership has mostly been groomed straight out of college (also a pro for career advancement), so they have a limited view on careers and organizations.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like professionals and they'll act that way. Witch hunts to find out who might be leaving the company shows insecurity and hurts longterm morale.

"Downright Miserable Experience"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good recruiter and/or bus dev training for someone junior in their career. You will get comfortable in cold calling (don't have a choice), and developing people skills (you meet with people in person all the time). Expensed lunches for meetings is cool too. I used to order the most expensive food and suggest the nicest places to eat.

Cons

Where to begin, I was always on edge and would get stress cramps. Recruiting is not a hard job but here everything is boiled down to a science. The is no option for creative thinking, it's the "founding fathers" way or your psychotic managers way. Aerotek lacks innovation, work/life balance, and trust. It's basically a frat. You can't be transparent with your manager because your opinion is not respected. As a recruiter you are there to make your manager money. At well respected companies this "feedback rich" environment is called harassment. I was told by my manager the first time you cry at work, that's how you know you'd made it. They proceeded to tell me the first time they cried with a smile. It was weird. This place is full of sleazy sales people.

Benefits
    They are horrible. You are underpaid by Bay Area standards. You only get 5 recognized holidays per year. After New Years the next holiday is Memorial Day (5 months later). As a recruiter you look forward to hitting contest for a trip. You work 10-12 hour days day in and day out. Is it worth it? You are better off saving for a trip and paying the money.

Advice to Management

Lighten up, reward your employees with having the ability to think creatively and have a life outside of work. Don't expect your employees to be there 730-645 everyday. Or just brand yourself as a training ground for a better job and not a career.

"Technical Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great training for new hires. The office has like-minded people that are go-getters.

Cons

Very "cult-like" mentality in a "feedback" rich environment that just detracts from overall job and culture because everyone keeps getting in other people's business. They shame those that quit and have a lot of close doored, bully conversations to make people feel bad about decisions. Poor commission structure for recruiters. High turnover - not a lot of room for growth and growth seems unattainable because there are not enough Account manager openings.

Advice to Management

Focus on improving the culture and you will retain your top talent.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you're willing to put in the work. Yes it's hard work, yes things don't always go your way, yes it can be 50+ hours. It all pays off if you work hard.

- Great development
    - Opportunity to make a lot of money
    - A lot of autonomy as long as you're producing
    - Most of the people are fun to work with

Cons

Business politics, otherwise known as favoritism, is a big part of the company.
    The base pay is a little low, you can do less work for more money with other companies.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter for Environmental and Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none come to mind

Cons

Micromanaged, no work life balance

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Training and coaching. Weekly paychecks, the potential to make money is there (beware, see cons) and benefits i.e. medical/dental.
    They hire recent grads to mold them in the Aerotek ways, young culture, they try really hard to be like a young/hip culture

Cons

Starting pay is low as a trainee, long and unscheduled hours, no work life balance, compared to the industry - this has a "call center" feel to it. As so many has stated, your success here is dependent on your account manager and how well he/she trains, develops you. Also, if your account manager has good relationships with the clients this will also determine your success. The possibility to make money is there IF you are willing to be on the phones 24/7, like being micro managed, play the corporate game and also sacrifice your time/life 12+ hours in the office plus "lunches" (meetings). You will hear success stories but please take it with a grain of salt that these are about .01% of the company, that put in the 24/7 work +timing/luck + played the politics. the rest are just sheep's on the phones rubbing noses with the managers.

Advice to Management

Please fully disclose the true pay, work environment and culture. I would also spend the whole day shadowing as part of the interview process.

Showing 19 of 2,806 reviews