Aerotek Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 50 reviews)

• You can make a lot of money with the base salary (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 289 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 102 reviews)

"Solid Company"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice base salary for entry level role, Great commission potential, Great people

Cons

Long hours, Strict metrics, Micromanaged

Advice to Management

Focus on quality over quantity when it comes to tracking individual performance

2. "Get the DBO situation together"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Probably one of the best places to work if you're just starting your career. You'll quickly develop a strong work ethic and get a ton of feedback on how to better develop yourself. You'll also learn how to be comfortable being out of your "comfort zone".

Cons

The expectation that even if you're 5+ years in and multi contest winning that you will work the same long hours that you were when you were first starting out.

That you're still working when you're on PTO and if you aren't that you'll get a bunch of feedback because something went wrong. It's staffing... something is always going wrong.

The politics that you see as you progress. You don't see much of it as a Recruiter, but it's there and if you're not 100% bought in and saying "yes, sir!" regardless of if you agree or not then you'll be shunted aside and left out of conversations.

Advice to Management

You really need to fix the DBO turn around. During my tenure I've only seen one DBO stay or be promoted. Either you're not promoting the right people into the role or your not setting them up for success. Either way the fall out sets the entire region back and the desire to want to be a DBO decreases from your AM pipeline.

3. "Future Leader Intern"

Former Intern - Future Leader Intern in San Ramon, CA
    Former Intern - Future Leader Intern in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Aerotek as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture, pay, snacks during work

Cons

Long hours, hard to find prospects sometimes

"Okay company as whole, a little uncoordinated"

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter found me while I was working my dead end job. She placed me in an awesome position at Fitbit in a Temp to Hire role. I love it here. She gave me and still gives me great advice. She connected me to the right people and still calls in to check on me.

Cons

Although individually the recruiters are great people, Aerotek as a whole is a little uncoordinated. 4/5 of the recruiters/aerotek corporate workers I interacted with in some shape or form have left in the last 3 months. The HR side of things is a disaster. There is always someone else I have to talk to about benefits or payroll stuff. There is always some sort of different website I have to sign up for and log into to get basic things in order. Also no PTO! This really hurts me during my temp stage of temp to hire process. Costs about $5,000 from the base pay to not have PTO because the company you get placed in will inevitably have vacation blackout dates like christmas or whatever, not to mention your own time off which is necessary as a human to maintain family and relationships. I don't blame the recruiters for this at all, they are great. I'm sorry to see so many of them move on too.

Advice to Management

Get your act together on your HR side of taking care of employees. I signed up for commuter benefits back in September, and it never took effect. Signing up for benefits is not back pay eligable so every month I discover some benefit didn't take means I lost that month. I do not know who to talk about this because whenever stuff like this happens I get bounced around to other people.

6. "Scientist"

Current Employee - Scientist in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Scientist in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is one of the world’s largest bio-pharmaceutical company, with 8,000 employees across six continents. Employees will have good exposure and an excellent career

Cons

Corporate Environment which can get a little stressful.

7. "Only the tough will endure"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Alameda, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Alameda, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. You will be tested though . Very fast paced (very) and you have to learn quickly. Over all the amount of things you learn in a short period of time is great. You quickly become sharp.

Cons

A lot a lot a lot of work. you will be busy often. The job is stressful but the pay and team environment is good and will help you get by

Advice to Management

Na

8. "Started Great then went to Haities"

Current Employee - Facilities Maintenance Technician in Union City, CA
    Current Employee - Facilities Maintenance Technician in Union City, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The actual employer I work at is great. Very professional environment and I definitely want to work direct as soon as possible.

Cons

Aerotek quit paying me out of the blue. No emails, no notice, no reply from my handlers.
    Guess I have to call the state labor board before I do something I should not do.
    Aerotek SUCKS. Stay away they are rip offs and I do not believe any off the reviews on this web site. I think they are all fakes posted by Aerotek managers.

Advice to Management

Pay your people or all Hell can come to breakfast.

"Poor Recruiting Tactics"

Current Employee - Manager in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Organization has access to a pipeline of organizations that are seeking to fill positions

Cons

they loose paychecks in the mail and you have to wait 10 days after posting a stop payment to be eligible to receive a replacement check. 3 checks were lost and just received one check in the mail that was 3 pay periods ago.
    Recruiters are extremely tough to get in touch with. Poor timing with addressing escalation concerns.

Advice to Management

Dont ever approach a FULLTIME Employee for 15 years compensated for 80 hour plus to leave a well established organization to onboard with Aerotek and be routed to a start up company. My first week of employment, I was sent home because there was NO WORK TO DO... and work is slow they send us home early.

I left a high paying job for this garbage with Aerotek I lost my medical benefits- my position with my old job for 15 years. My vacation and PTO accrued all to work for a promising start up with promising salary. My recruiter mislead me--

Streamline efficiencies for payroll management so that contract employees are paid on time during the setup process for direct deposit.

10. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

You learn and develop tremendously while at Aerotek.

Cons

Long hours and work load

"Great start to my career"

Former Employee - Account Manager in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and culture. Feedback rich environment that allows you to grow quickly.

Cons

Old school in some ways like schedule and flexibility that should be adjusted

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your people and clear as much of the BS away from them as you can.

Showing 52 of 2,631 reviews