Aerotek Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

3.9
Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Opportunity to make A LOT of money (in 50 reviews)

• We are all competitive and eager to move up the ladder and to make a lot of money (in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance - heavy hours (in 302 reviews)

• One of the biggest cons of working at Aerotek was the fact there really was no work-life balance (in 110 reviews)

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Director of Operations in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Director of Operations in Washington, DC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aerotek not only developed me professionally, but I am 100% confident I am a better person because of my director and team. Out of college, I was looking for a company that values work ethic, competition and a team environment. Aerotek is unrivaled when it comes to these three core competencies.

Cons

I spent 7 years with Aerotek. I did see co-workers struggle with stress at times. However, in my current role with a completely different company in a different industry, the stress is the same.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love how they value their employees and make annual changes based on employee feedback.

2. "Customer Service Assoicate"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

wonderful place to work. Great office and team support.

Cons

stressful at times, constant pressure to perform

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with Aerotek in 2015 and it really has been great to work here. The opportunities to succeed are endless; the company is what you make of it. If you want to make great connections, become more business-minded, and start your career off strong, this is the company for you. There is a great training program when you start working at Aerotek and you are given the necessary resources to succeed through your mentor and manager. In every role, there are clear expectations and paths to success so no matter what you choose to do, the company has great avenues for you to follow your passion. Not to mention, a lot of opportunity to be financially successful as well.

Cons

If you do not want to commit to a job longer than 9-5 or a 40-hour work week, this is not the company for you. In order to be successful, you need to put in the work and effort, but the reward is worth it. Standard operating hours are 7:30 - 5:30pm but you can generally find people working until 6:30-7pm on any given day. We generally work 48-hour work weeks, but it is definitely worth it in the long run.

4. "Executive administrative assistant"

Current Freelancer - Executive Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC
    Current Freelancer - Executive Administrative Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aerotek (Less than a year)

Pros

Getting paid weekly. Easy to input hours on an online timesheet.

Cons

They're a hiring company working with a "business". The "business" pays them $29/hr, then in turn Aerotek pays me $16. Where's the logic here? NO benefits. Contracts for hire take too long to "close and work". Worst ever!

Advice to Management

Stop taking so much money!! The worker should be getting the majority of the income.

5. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training within the company. If you have potential to do well, senior level managers try their best to mentor and guide you along the way, while also allowing you to work through the process yourself.

Cons

The culture makes you feel like you should be working and on call almost at all times. This isn't said out loud, but the successful people around you seem to be constantly available and you have better chances of promotion if you exude that characteristic as well.

Advice to Management

Understand what it takes to retain great employees for the long term. Money cannot be the only motivator.

6. "Great Temp agency to work for"

Former Contractor - Temp in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Temp in Washington, DC

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Always had a job
    Allowed me to work at many different companies
    Got paid every week
    Recruiters really cared and took us to free lunch dates

Cons

The interview process for some of the positions were a bit much for simple jobs such as data entry.
    Also some of the jobs were a bit boring

Advice to Management

Pay your recruiters more they do a lot of work and deal with a lot of stress on a daily basis

7. "Executive Administrative Coordinator"

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aerotek full-time

Pros

Found me a full time job in my field of choice within 30 days.

Cons

I have no cons to list

"Good place to learn good habits"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great training. good office culture. good people to work with. You get along well with your teammates. most decisions are based on emotion rather than business tactics which can allow you to continue to work there even when performing poorly.

Cons

Your success is based on someone else's job performance who is performing a job that you don't actually know what they are doing. This leaves a lot of risk in your own pay check in a world with the most inconsistent product; people. Also, altercations arise between sales people who fight over accounts and reqs while recruiters fight over ownership of candidates. At the end of the day, everyone is out for themselves and wouldn't hesitate to take your business. Lastly, you are encouraged to stay late even when there is nothing productive to be done in the office that can't be handled at home; there is not flexibility in work from home. in conclusion; micromanagement and the leaderships efforts to push everyone into the path that best serves them is a disturbing trend. Staying happy in a position for a long period of time is discouraged as you are expected to do what the company asks of you.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a shift in mindset to value your internal employees more than your clients. Also, coach sales people/recruiters to share in their success and not be selfish with accounts/candidates and business.

9. "Internal Recruiter for Aerotek in WA"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good right out of college job that will teach you the basics of full cycle recruiting multiple industries.

Gave me a solid base of skills that got me a killer second recruiting job at another company with higher pay and benefits.

Cons

It's all low level staffing, interviewing administrative and commercial workers. There isn't much high level/professional recruiting unless you're in the engineering department.

The only way you can get a promotion is if you go into sales.

Companies don't always take you seriously.

The way you'll make money is if you are in large cities with high needs in your department. In smaller areas don't expect to make much over your low base.

Not a long term career company for me.

They make you work 7:45 to 5:30 or longer. No questions asked. You're expected to be there and don't expect any overtime.

Advice to Management

Don't base your internal recruiting efforts out of central location. The offices that need new people aren't getting enough attention.

Be strict with procedures in office and not with work hours.

Buy staff real monitors. The tiny laptops and cubicles don't produce positive work ethic.

"Worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Aerotek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are two different types of reviews on here. 1: if you have worked as a contractor put to work by Aerotek (or were trying to get put to work by Aerotek). 2: if you worked AT Aerotek, most likely as a Recruiter or (if you got promoted) an Account Manager. This feedback is as a Recruiter who worked at Aerotek.

If you are a recent college grad and want to make friends, this is a great place to work if you like to drink and hang out with your coworkers.

Cons

This was by far the worst job I've ever had. They only hire recent college grads who love to play sports and want to advance quickly. Therefore, you have a culture of people with very little diversity in the types of personalities that work there.

Everyone would go to lunch together and happy hours together. Sure, this sounds fun when you're 21 (and don't have a spouse or significant other), but if you have someone you want to go home to, its pointed out who doesn't participate. And very frequently coworkers would show up hungover which was totally acceptable. If you aren't a drinker, you probably won't fit in.

Hours are long. You must be at your desk by 7:30am or you will be called out on it - by "kids" with like 6 months of work experience no less. Minimum you must be there until 5:30pm. Most people don't want to be the first to leave, so they don't leave until about 6pm at the earliest.

The culture doesn't hesitate to give you feedback in front of everyone at group meetings on a daily basis. This can be positive - but in the office I worked at - was mostly negative criticism. Again, its usually in front of everyone.

You work in teams...but can have your candidates easily stolen away from other Aerotek offices, or by your own team members. There are "rules" against this, but they aren't followed very closely.

Because young grads are the only ones hired, you get management that isn't experienced. They are typically very young (late 20's) who have no other baseline but the Aerotek juice. They don't always understand what is good or bad management behavior because they haven't seen any other management styles in an office environment.

Advice to Management

Hire people with more experience.

Showing 12 of 2,808 reviews