Aetion Reviews | Glassdoor

Aetion Reviews

Updated Nov 14, 2019

4.5
Aetion Chief Executive Officer Carolyn Magill (no image)
Carolyn Magill

"Amazing Company with an Amazing Mission!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Aetion full-time for less than a year

Pros

An amazing group of people working towards an amazing mission! The company allows full autonomy and the opportunity to gain experience that you could not gain elsewhere! Everyone is super friendly and collaborative. The perks are also a huge plus, as they reflect the perks of a large a tech company.

Cons

The office location in Times Square.

Aetion2019-11-14

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Program Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Aetion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intelligent, collaborative and kind colleagues. Clear communication from management. Organised and structured hiring and onboarding process.

Cons

I have not found any!

Aetion2019-10-30
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great place for a first job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Aetion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clear onboarding process, lots of support from all levels, regular interaction with employees from all different teams of all different seniorities.

Cons

NYO has outgrown its space -- seems to be changing with move to a new office next year

Aetion2019-10-29

"Great start up to work for"

Current Employee - Business Development in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aetion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility of work environment. Extremely smart team that is willing to help out. Best in class product. Industry leading company. Free lunch!

Cons

You have to actively pursue information you want. This isn't a bad thing, but if you need your hand held at every stage this isn't the right opportunity for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Proud to be an A-team'er!

Aetion2019-10-21

"Exciting and Fulfilling Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Aetion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Aetion continues to exceed my expectations of what an inspired and supportive workplace can do. The people I work with value relationships and collaboration. Everyone is also very supportive when I've needed to take time away to be with my family or take a vacation. The concept of "work life balance" is something that continues to be discussed on a regular basis - which brings a level of comfort motivating people... to do their best work while also understanding that if they need to refuel, the company is supportive. Other great things about Aetion are the tremendous benefits, incredibly top talent, free lunch and great atmosphere.

Cons

It depends on what you are looking to do. A high growth startup like Aetion is not the place for everyone. It's constantly evolving and changing which brings with it inherent challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate well and regularly. Lunch and Learns and All Hands Meetings have been tremendously helpful.

Aetion2019-10-17

"Incredible culture, work, and talent"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Aetion full-time for less than a year

Pros

I cannot express how much I love working for Aetion. The collaboration, intelligence, and encouragement to try new things is unparalleled. If you have an idea, you are provided resources and tools to run with it and see what you can do - even if you fail, you are encouraged to give it another shot, pivot, or try again. Everyone is incredibly supportive and intelligent - I feel like every day I take on new... challenges and am met with people who push me to be my best, do my best, and think about critical problems that we are tackling in the industry. Everyone here believes in what we are doing and do their best to help one another succeed and grow. Company culture is AMAZING. Free seamless each day, plenty of social events, transparency in any and all facets, and genuinely a fun group of people to be around every day. The company is solidifying itself and growing rapidly, while still maintaining "startup culture," which I love.

Cons

This is not the place for you if you are not willing to take risks and challenge yourself, or if you want a standard job where someone tells you what to do all day, you do your thing, and you leave. You need to be willing and able to tackle new problems and come up with new solutions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Love the encouragement to grow and expand your skillset, feels like there is a lot of promotion from within.

Aetion2019-10-07

"Informative interview process; comprehensive and welcoming onboarding!"

Current Employee - Scientist in New York, NY

I have been working at Aetion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Aetion offers a positive and collaborative office environment, delicious snacks, and great benefits. Also, the company is truly built upon their values of of using real world evidence for the betterment of public health.

Cons

The only con that I have encountered thus far is the in-flux corporate structure.

Aetion2019-10-10

"Collaborative team, Strong Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Aetion full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ People, ability to learn and advance, experienced executive team, office perks -$20 daily seamless stipend, free food, pool table, standing desks, flexible work + Spread across three offices (Boston, NY, LA) and has many remote workers, which I like because you have to be more thoughtful about how we're including and interacting the team, also forces a focus on clear goals and autonomy since we all aren't in... the same time zone and you can't just go up to someone's desk to work. This also shows that if you have a life change where you need to relocate or scale back hours, Aetion puts employees first and will flex to high performing employees instead of prioritizing face time

Cons

- There can be times when intellectual humility is lacking in areas of the org. Aetion has many talented, committed employees, but our focus should be first and foremost on our mission and the overall success of the team

Advice to Management

VP+ leaders should continue the push on delegation to free up your calendars and make space for mentoring the team. You have a strong group of employees who are eager to take on more and make an impact.

Aetion2019-09-26

"Great start-up with bright future"

I have been working at Aetion full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Friendly and collaborative teams with strong science expertise and technical teams that power their platform -Streamlined culture that is mission-centric and value-based -You can tell everyone knows the important implications of the Aetion Evidence Platform and is passionate about their work -Hardworking teams with good work life balance and flexible schedules -Great benefits and lunch/snack perks -Career... development and growth is highly encouraged -Central locations in NYC and Boston and WFH capabilities

Cons

-same challenges as any start-up that is growing and scaling.

Aetion2019-09-24

"Best Place I have worked at so far!"

Current Employee - HRIS Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Aetion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative culture, amazing benefits, autonomy, friendly people, and intriguing & meaningful work

Cons

There isn't always structure cause it is a startup but that's what I like! If you like building and don't want to follow a routine constantly, this is the place for you!

Aetion2019-09-24