Aetna Corp Reviews

Updated Mar 7, 2018

2.6
Aetna Corp President Charles Occhino (no image)
Charles Occhino
0 Rating

"Excellent company - very flexible"

5.0
     in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Aetna Corp

Pros

Great family owned company. They are flexible to the needs of a working parent. If you work hard you get treated well. There are many long-time dedicated employees who are there to help guide and train new employees. The owner is very involved in all areas of the company and wants each employee to succeed.

Cons

Fast paced environment is not for everyone. Although there is free parking, the commute is difficult.

December 2, 2015Manager of Human Resources and Company Culture

Thank you very much for providing feedback about your experience working for Aetna!

"Office worker"

I worked at Aetna Corp full-time

Pros

Got to leave earlier than normal

Cons

Bad culture; office is quieter than a morgue, owner and wife are completely out of touch on how to run an office, DO is untrustworthy; place is clique

"Old boys club"

Former Employee - Billing in Boston, MA

I worked at Aetna Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees are friendly, new human resources individual is bringing change. Good lunch options... If you get a lunch. Can be cliquey.

Cons

Ownership is out of touch with the reality his employees don't like working here. Company culture and morale is laughable. Great strides being made by new HR personnel. The "owner" seems shady.

Continue reading

"Excellent environment to learn and grow!"

4.0
     in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Aetna Corp

Pros

If you have the aptitude and desire you will be exposed a wide variety of aspects of how a small company functions. President is always willing to teach, coach, and train employees. I feel as though owners of the company genuinely care about the employees.

Cons

Location of Cambridge office makes commute to and from work difficult.

December 2, 2015Manager of Human Resources and Company Culture

Thank you for providing feedback!

"Is this what a POW feels like?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Aetna Corp full-time

Pros

They have parking on-site in downtown Cambridge.

Cons

The office is a hostile work environment where people are chained to their desks for 10+ hours a day with only 30mins to take a true break. President/CEO is outright rude and unprofessional. Current employees seem as if they have been brainwashed to believe that this is how a professional office is run. One time, the President/CEO threatened to initiate a "Question Hour": for one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon, you would be allowed to get up from your desk and ask a question to your fellow coworker. Once that hour was up, you were not allowed to speak to anyone else until the afternoon hour. I would never recommend anyone that I liked or even disliked to work at this company.

December 2, 2015Manager of Human Resources and Company Culture

Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working for Aetna Corp. I'm sorry that it was not a positive experience for you. Aetna Corp offered a condensed work week which comprised of four ten-hour days. We understand that this work schedule may not work for everyone. The idea of having a "Question Hour" was suggested in order to help minimize disruption to the workflow of the office. Aetna Corp values each and everyone one of our employees. We strive to create a positive work experience.

"Excellent"

4.0

I worked at Aetna Corp full-time

Pros

Very interesting projects, high-quality training for young professionals

Cons

Growth not favorable since it is such an old-fashioned company; not very innovative as a company but actively trying to be

December 2, 2015Manager of Human Resources and Company Culture

Thank you! We appreciate your feedback!

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews