Aetna Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark T. Bertolini

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in New Albany, OH
    Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in New Albany, OH

I have been working at Aetna full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caring environment and good training

Cons

None yet, but no job is perfect!

"Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Aetna part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay, benefits, health conscious company. If you work in Hartford or PA its probably better than elsewhere. The option to work at home is great, although they are now cutting back on this.

Cons

If you're in a smaller office, you tend to get overlooked. Also whenever there are layoffs, the front line staff are the first to go, despite numerous middle managers who seem completely unnecessary. They seem to be making strides at keeping talent, but historically haven't seemed to care much.

Advice to Management

Find better ways to cut costs than taking the easy way out of laying off front line staff. There are massive amounts of waste, duplication of work, unnecessary time consuming workflows, as well as systems that are technologically lagging, which all lead to decreased productivity which if eliminated could save many jobs. Also, do we need to have such a top heavy structure?

3. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here going on 4 years. It's a wonderful company who trains well. The supervisors actually listen to your input. You can easily move up in management.

Cons

The insurance they offer as benefits is not great. People who do not work for Aetna but has insurance through them have better insurance than I do.

Advice to Management

Management is wonderful. I have nothing but positive things to say!

"Not bad but not great!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More offline time to handle tasks promised to the caller.
    Supervisors try to improve the quality of life.
    Opportunity for more enjoyable projects given if you put yourself out there.

Cons

Very hard to move around in the company. I'm over qualified for the positions I apply for and I am not given a glance. I've had my supervisor and other people read over my internal resumes to make sure they were good, but never given a chance.

Off shore representatives mess up a lot of things and the stateside reps are always stuck cleaning up the mess. They transfer calls that are confusing to them instead of trying to learn how to handle them. If the Provider asks for a supervisor some of them will just transfer them to the states instead of getting their own supervisor. I even question the quality of the off shore supervisors because they seem to be just as clueless as the reps.

Advice to Management

The internal resume system is abysmal. When you have employees that feel like they're at a dead end it lowers moral. There are some positions that simply should not hire from the outside because customer service representatives deal with provider/member issues and we learn from that. Hiring us to handle ECHS and PDS would save more money than training people from the outside as we already use the systems they use we would simply need more advanced training on them. Less training time required and less mistakes improves efficiency.

"Aetna - No Job Security !"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hialeah, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hialeah, FL

I have been working at Aetna (More than a year)

Pros

Aetna is a life changing work environment! The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented.It is a great employer with amazing perks. Open for work at home deal! Thanks Aetna.

Cons

Job Security is a problem with this company. Unless you are in a leadership role or have a close friend inside that can support your transition to a new position your job is at risk. Lay offs and job eliminations are constant, at least twice a year.

Advice to Management

When your company decides that a job must be eliminated, someone must tell the affected employee of the decision and keep the time frames for employment ending as promised. Its difficult for employees not having a correct date in order to budget properly. Management will is not sincere regarding this risk with their staff, they will advise last minute,

7. "Good benefits, not so great pay."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Freehold, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Freehold, NJ

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate professionalism in work place

Cons

Salary and bonuses are very low.

Advice to Management

A little bit more flexibility in the work place would be desirable.

"Awful experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

Worst job that I've ever had in my life. I would rather hold a cup on the corner than work here.

Cons

Everything was a con at this place.

Advice to Management

Care more about employees.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Aetna full-time

Pros

Good pay and bonus program and decent work hours

Cons

Very disorganized , Supervisor are not helpful what so ever and are never available. Being new to the area the people that work there never smile very odd it has been a very bad experience overall

Advice to Management

Be aware of what your supervisors are doing they write people up to keep them from earning their bonuses stop the harassment and age discrimination

"Over worked. Customer oriented a lie"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Aetna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work at home, Vacation time, good boss, good team, benefits ok, that is about all there is, no more folks

Cons

DBMS OVER WORKED TAKES A LONG TOME TO PROCESS. THEY JUST CARE ABOUT NUMBERS AND NOT CUSTOMER FOCUSSED. THEY ARE BURNING OUT PEOPLE

11. "Very nice Call Center"

Former Employee - Medicare Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Medicare Customer Service Representative

Pros

Aetna is a great place to work. I was only there for a year, in the short time that I was there, I learned a lot about Medicare and improving my customer service skills. The pay is great, typically starting out at $16/hour. Training is for nearly 4 months, so they don't quickly rush out onto the phones. If you are stuck on a call and don't know what to do you can always call out to a fellow coworker who will be able to assist you. The PTO is great an the bonuses are always a plus.This is not your average call center. Benefits start immediately.

Cons

No cons, great company to work for

Advice to Management

You guys are amazing!!