Cover image for Aetna

Found 4,098 of over 4K reviews

3.5
Aetna CEO Karen Lynch
Karen Lynch

What people are saying about Aetna

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management with high turnover rates(in 201 reviews)
  • "Lack and poor training.(in 100 reviews)
  • "Almost zero feedback and support when Case Managers have legitimate and timely questions; we're left to fend for ourselves(in 71 reviews)
  • "Constant layoffs and no job security.(in 69 reviews)
  • "LOTS of micromanagement extreme style and poor leadership, decision makers in place.(in 60 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aetna and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Aetna Review

Nov 25, 2022 - Plan Sponsor Liaison
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company with great benefits and salaries!

Cons

The bonuses can be hit or miss.

2. 2.0

could be a lot better

Nov 17, 2022 - Health Survey Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

working remotely, equipment provided, Microsoft office use, other HSS's are fairly responsive but very helpful, CVS itself seems like a decent company to work for

Cons

for an insurance company, the insurance plans are garbage. manager's are inconsistent. my managers communication is poor. mandatory overtime has happened for the past 2 months and happened earlier this year. don't expect OT pay if you took any PTO that week. you'll be paid at your regular standard rate and they're a stickler about it. OT pay is only physical hours worked over 40. constant issues with the things we use requiring IT tickets. micromanaging metrics. Holiday time off is mediocre to average. pay could be better. their phone trees are always glitching and sending people to the wrong places. yes human errors exist, but having been a user, frequently it's also their phone trees. work life balance gets lost with the ever present monitoring that's done. it's better than a retail store job, but not by much. I'm waiting for the day they'll send us a camera with the message "must be plugged in facing your work station at all times."

3. Join the Aetna team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

"I highly advise you don't"

Nov 3, 2022 -  in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only pro I can think of honestly is some positions you can WFH. that's it

Cons

Unnecessary amount of workload.. let's start here... You don't get credit for all they expect you to do for "metrics" . The expectations for the position is ridiculously unrealistic and they continue to add requirements for "state contract"... I just quit and joined another competitor which simplified its workload for it's employees. FOR THE SAME STATE. Lol.. and contract satisfaction. Turnover rate is EXTREMELY high and retention for new employees in case management department is very low. they can't keep anyone. they penalize you for lack of assessment completion which has ZERO to do with you and more often to do with members being unable to reach. Health benefits are bogus to be so "high on the Fortune 500 list" last i checked they stopped bonuses every year now. Applied for 37-40 internal positions and did not get a single one. even with a spotless record regarding work performance and no disciplinary action, leading me to believe they will bottleneck you into being stuck on a team where you can't transfer if they really need employees for that department but they won't tell you. no exit interview upon resignation. just a crappy company. good for couple years experience and bounce.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good job

Nov 29, 2022 - Clinical RN Consultant in Reno, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity for advancement

Cons

Most likely advance people in certain “clicks”

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t waste your time / High Turnover

Nov 19, 2022 - Health Concierge/Customer Service in Fresno, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from Home is the only Positive

Cons

Poor Benefits, Leadership seems disconnected, Training is terrible and the environment is low Employee morale which is strange because it’s a work at home position but some can be very unprofessional and racist

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Demanding Postion

Nov 1, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall the company is Great! There are some supervisors that make the job harder then what it has to be and the workload is overwhelming for the amount of pay. Benefits are great as well.

Cons

For the amount of work you have to do and dealing with so many different lines of customer service they should offer a higher pay.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Work Conditions, Very Average Benefits

Nov 12, 2022 - Network Relations Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent for independence. Work from home. Ability to manager your own schedule.

Cons

Expensive insurance. Difficult to get promoted. Slightly below average for this type of professional work. TINY raises.

9. 5.0

Comfortable job

Nov 20, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

WFH is available and Yearly trainings

Cons

Little room for growth in this position

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Great Culture!

Nov 14, 2022 - Manager of Provider Relations in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great overall culture and pay is great.

Cons

Could have better software applications to speed tasks. But company is improving in that area

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing management that cares about you!

Oct 10, 2022 - Care Management Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

I felt comfortable enough to share with my supervisor that my health was declining. My supervisor and the amazing care coordinators handling my care were able to figure out the paperwork side. I felt like I could truly invest in my wellbeing without fear of loosing my job. I am truly grateful & blessed to be a part of the CVS/ Aetna work family !

Cons

I wish the WFH staff had more ways to interact and get to know each other better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,098 Reviews
</>Embed

Aetna Reviews FAQs

Aetna has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 4,395 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Aetna to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Aetna employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Aetna. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

62% of Aetna employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Aetna 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Aetna to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Aetna Job Seekers