Cover image for Aetna
Logo

Part of CVS Health
Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Aetna Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Found 517 of over 4K reviews

3.4
Aetna CEO Karen Lynch
Karen Lynch

What people are saying about Aetna

Join the conversation on

Advertising

1m

a

Creative

I got let go and need to figure out benefits. I'm looking at two options: Cobra which continues what I had (BCBSIL and Aetna dental will cost me almost $2k) or MyChoice Market Coverage. I have to stretch my money of course, but I'm unfamiliar with MyChoice Market. What would you pick? (In NYC if it makes a difference.)

3 Comments

Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Aetna? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Aetna employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management with high turnover rates(in 199 reviews)
  • "No training or lack of training.(in 101 reviews)
  • "Almost zero feedback and support when Case Managers have legitimate and timely questions; we're left to fend for ourselves(in 74 reviews)
  • "Constant layoffs keep people worried about their jobs.(in 70 reviews)
  • "LOTS of micromanagement extreme style and poor leadership, decision makers in place.(in 63 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Aetna and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company!

Aug 26, 2022 - Underwriter in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team culture with support peers

Cons

Work from home most days but expected to come to the office a couple times a week.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great place for opportunities if interested in work outside job role.

Sep 19, 2014 - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible work environment. Leadership can be very supportive of employees. Really liked the casual telework option which allowed me to work from home and the office as needed.

Cons

Politics...can be advantageous if you like to dabble in it. Can be a huge disadvantage if you steer entirely away from it. Not unusual in a large organization.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Aetna team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Mar 17, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

work from home and flexible

Cons

quick orientation and small office

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

OA Consultant

Nov 16, 2016 - OA Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home for the last 7 years, but there taking that away. HR placed new hires to work from home immediately and now everyone is being affected by HR's actions. Use to be an employee company, now employee's are just a number.

Cons

They hire outsiders to come in and "clean house" with no knowledge of the functions, cutting jobs and thinking the employees that still has a job can pick up the slack. In all reality, those who still have jobs and over worked already and now your demanding them to do more. Keep the people who has shown dedication and loyalty to the organization.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Training and working for

Apr 20, 2021 - Health Concierge
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is amazing! I have nothing but amazing things to say about the company, coworkers and management

Cons

The setup for work from home is slow but manageable

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Mar 3, 2021 - Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and flexible

Cons

Going through merger with cvs

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Changes are making a lot uncomfortable

Jan 29, 2020 - Senior Underwriting Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance most of the year is very good besides during the busiest time of the year. Work from home can really help with this because I'm not super close to my office. For the most part my team is filled with hard workers. My manager and director are super supportive of my aspirations and give me new challenges when they arise. If I could give my team and through director 5 stars I would.

Cons

CVS chipped away at our benefits. Personally speaking, I will be losing out on at least $5,000 worth of fringe benefits (primarily student loan repayment / tuition reimbursement for current classes) next year. We also lost out on $200 in wellness reimbursement, $500 in HSA contributions for doing challenges. In addition to changing our 401k contribution from 6% to 5%. They pushed back announcing all compensation changes until May. So come May, they may drastically increase our salaries to compensate for the changes in benefits...but I have little hope. Also in the first few months there have been layoffs of colleagues have been in the company for a long time. It's just making things pretty uncomfortable all around.

10 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

So Sad

Sep 5, 2016 - LTD Claims Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Locally, I liked the people I worked with. Most directors/managers were very cool people with the exception of a few. Work from home options and were very flexible when I had some difficult home situations.

Cons

I don't really know what happened to this company but it breaks my heart. I worked there 7 years and the first 6 were great, with the exception of their health insurance which led me to file bankruptcy. At this point, I strongly recommend staying far away from Aetna and I never thought I'd say that. It honestly kills me. Advancement is a joke, get a better job within the company and your pay will not increase to reflect it. There are 2 ways to make more money at Aetna. 1. Quit and then go back, lose seniority but potentially higher pay upon returning. Or 2. Say you're going to quit and see if there's a retention offer. You'd think that working hard and keeping your head down would count for something, it absolutely doesn't. LTD is a mess, with directors (managers new title that Aetna gave them to pay them more, think about that one) have no actual experience doing the job of their subordinates and don't know how much time it takes to process claims. Most DBMs simply push out tasks to appear timely when in fact they are far behind in their work. This is done out of necessity. Scope of job regularly expands to cover other departments functions with no compensation raise. Directors and above will pretend everything is ok when the sustainability of the process and workload is questioned, and will make you feel that you are the problem. There's talk of raises to actually pay employees at market level however this includes making them exempt. Here's what will happen: pay will increase and then employees will be expected to work tons of OT thus bringing their actual compensation lower than before. The insurance is abysmal and a great example of what happens when there's no competition. Hey Aetna, why not pay your employees with vouchers to the company store? I knew several people in financial turmoil due to medical bills. Here was my checklist when considering treatment: am I dying? If not, then just suffer through it because otherwise it was thousands of dollars in medical bills. This is what the insurance company does to their employees and you have Bertolini who acts empathetic because he broke his neck once and had to go through some difficulties. Hey Bert, offering the worst benefits I've ever seen to your employees and not paying them at market level isn't empathetic, your actions do not match your words, sir. Compensation reviews are a joke. You can be rated 1 - 5. Hope you like the number 3 because rarely is anyone rated above this, guess why. Raises have been around 1%. Employees haven't left because they're too overworked to look around. Do not get mired in this mess. STANDARD EMPLOYEES: Look elsewhere, Aetna is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I promise you. Aetna is doing very well financially and this success is not shared with employees. These are not petty complaints here, all above relates to your financial and physical well-being. I quit my job with absolutely nothing lined up. That's how bad it truly is.

8 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Mar 29, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work numerous work from home opportunities for nurses both LPN and RN which is excellent for mothers with young children. Everyone seems willing to help out new employees very friendly environment.

Cons

so far no cons still a new employee

11. 5.0

Analyst Perspective

Sep 3, 2020 - Healthcare Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and relatively clean data to work with

Cons

Aetna is big with a lot of companies under their umbrella but they don't communicate well with each other

Viewing 1 - 10 of 517 Reviews